We stayed with my family (2 kids) in February 2013. We booked a double room and a twin room next to eachother on the ground floor. We stayed there for 3 nights before returning back home.
The location of the hotel is excellent : on the beach in Brawa, not too far from the famous echo beach break and near the Deus Ex Machina shop in Canggu with a nice pool. But those are the only positive points I could find.
From the roadside, the hotel looks kinda nice but once you get to the rooms, you can really tell the hotel's on the decline. Nothing looks as if it has been replaced since 1980. The furniture is in good condition but looks decades old (horrible outdoor furniture), the paint is peeling off the sun loungers by the pool. In the rooms, the A/C has that bizarre "old" smell that you expect in shabby hotels. The staff didn't make us feel welcome and obviously not doing their jobs properly. For example, by the pool there were supposed to be complimentary pool towels. All we could find was a heap of used smelly towels and next to it a heap of plastic covered lounger bed mattresses. Where was the staff?
Having come from a villa rental (for the same price) with superb balinese elegance, coming to this hotel was a huge disappointment considering the price per room.
I would not have posted this review which doesn't do the hotel's image much good if we hadn't paid so much for the rooms : we came out having spent 180$ / night for 2 bedrooms. I wouldn't be complaining if it was 50$ / night. For the last day, as our flight was leaving at 9 pm we asked the hotel if they had a complimentary shower room for us to use before we left. The only solution they found was to charge us half a night's rate in order to keep our room after checkout time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legong Keraton Beach Hotel offers beach front tranquility with a Balinese ambiance. It boasts an outdoor pool, spa and a beachfront restaurant and bar.FACILITIES: With a children’s pool and babysitting facilities young visitors are well catered for. For adults a large pool and massage service provide an opportunity to relax after trawling the streets of north Kuta. An on call Doctor and laundry are amongst the services offered. Traditional Balinese massages and herbal treatments are on offer at Pasir the Spa. The hotel also offers bike rental, tour bookings and childcare services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Legong Keraton Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legong Keraton Beach Canggu
- Legong Keraton Beach Hotel Bali/Canggu