“Loved this Mexican restaurant in Bali!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Mexicana

La Mexicana
Jl. Raya Canggu | Only 10 Minutes From Seminyak, Restaurant la Mexicana Is on the Right Hand Side on Jalan Raya Canggu, Just After the Newly Opened Pepito Supermarket, Canggu, Bali 80361, Indonesia
+62 361 8450597
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 86 Restaurants in Canggu
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: TEX- MEX RESTAURANT "LA MEXICANA", DINE-IN and TAKE AWAY. We are open from Tuesday - Sunday, 4pm - 10pm. FREE FAST WIFI. We use as much as possible organic fruit and vegetables and wash them in purified water. Ice cubes are made of mineral water. We fry our gluten free Tacos and Corn Chips several times daily in extra virgin cholesterol free Coconut Oil ! Until 6 pm MARGARITA & MOJITO HAPPY HOUR . Enjoy your dinner ( we also have Vegetarian options) with great cocktails and sub-zero cooled beers served in a ice-bucket, in our unique and amazing Mexican cactus garden. Unlike many other restaurants, most of our food ingredients are imported from Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and the United States and therefore subject to high import taxes and transportation costs. But we are still able to prepare large, delicious meals for a very moderate price. Our team hopes to welcome you soon in " LA MEXICANA "
Toukley, Australia
“Loved this Mexican restaurant in Bali!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My friend and I ate at La Mexicana twice for dinner during our 2 week stay - the only restaurant we ate at twice... because we loved it! The atmosphere is wonderful and garden out the back (where we sat) takes you right to Mexico. The staff were so friendly, helpful and always smiling.

I was surprised at how reasonably priced the meals where considering how luxurious the restaurant felt. The portions were so generous and the food was really tasty. It is better than some of the Mexican food I have had back in Australia! There is also a good selection for vegetarians. My only regret was not having enough room for the brownies and ice cream for dessert!! Some friends had them and they looked - and they said tasted too - delicious.

I have to mention the jug of Sangria - that was a great idea too - yum!

I definitely recommend a visit or many to La Mexicana. If I return to Bali I will be going back for sure :)

• Indonesian first
Bologna, Italy
“Good but.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have lived in California for a while and tried mexican food several times, both in restaurants and at home of mexican friends; this place in Canggu is very good and offers most of the famous mexican dishes (which are also the most common) in a nice atmosphere and beautiful garden.
BUT I don't quite understand why they have to put Coriander everywhere, as this is not the original receipt.. my mexican friends always taught me that the real Guacamolle is only made with avocados, black pepper, salt, lime, tomate and sometimes garlic. Same as for Salsa Pico de Gallo... it should only be with tomatoes, onions and chillies.
Coriander has a really strong flavour and covers up all the good taste of food; also, not all people like it and me and my friends could not eat most of the dishes in La Mexicana because coriander was everywhere. And last but not least, using coriander is not the original mexican recipe.
If it wasn't for this reason, I'd go to La Mexicana every day.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bali
“Amazing ambience and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have come here twice in 10 days. The food is excellent, I recommend specially the "Plato muy grande" to get a taste of everything if you are not sure what to choose. Their Nachos are big and crispy. Also their mixed juice is all berries and very refreshing. The music and the mexican cactus garden behing feels like Mejico!!! They should expect us back in a few days!

Denpasar, Indonesia
“Very good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I liked pretty much everything about the place. The design is great. Open spaces, brilliant cactus garden. The food was excellent. Had chicken and beef fajitas. The meat was very tender, excellent portion size and all the fillings you could hope for - Mexican rice, shredded lettuce, refried beans, cheese, guacamole, salsa, sour cream. Service was prompt and with a genuinely friendly smile. Thought the price was absolutely fine. US$9 per person for the excellent Fajitas. Bottle of Sol to wash it down was US$5, when in most places it would be US$8 or9. For my taste it could have been a little spicier, but they do bring 3 sauces to add a little heat if you want. Spoke to the manager/owner and he told us that they would make it spicier if asked. Problem is, the waitress never asked and I can't remember it saying anything about this on the menu.

I would definitely go back and would recommend to anyone. They really care about giving good service and good food, and you don't always see that in Bali.

Denpasar, Indonesia
“Some thing different in Bali !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We just had our beautiful lunch in la mexicana. Good food , good environment and very good Internet access which is rare in whole Indonesia !

The staffs are so friendly and also smily.

Over all this place is highly recommended by me to any tex mex lovers who are traveling to Bali.

One thing is missing is a web site which I couldn't find any to know more about this fine restaurant.