“Love, love, LOVE Red Door!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RedDoor Bali

You added RedDoor Bali to your Saves list
RedDoor Bali
5.0 of 5 Villa   |   Jalan Pantai Pererenan | Gang RedDoor 6 Banjar Delodpadonan, Canggu, Bali 80531, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 129 Specialty Lodging in Canggu
Sydney, Australia
“Love, love, LOVE Red Door!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Hands down the most beautiful villa I have ever been lucky enough to stay in. Red Door was breath taking from the moment we arrived (our own dedicated driver), to our first meal (the chief made some of the best food I have eaten in Bali) to the jaw dropping beauty of the villa. Red Door is heaven. If you're looking for a place to really bliss out (on one of the many fab lounge areas) and have nature at your door step (there's a river at the end of the infinity pool) this is it. High style, surrounded by natural beauty and brilliant staff. We'll be back ASAP! Red Door- we love, love, LOVE you!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are divine. Take any of them! We stayed upstairs. Beautiful views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
stak76, Owner at RedDoor Bali, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Alyson,

thank you so much for your review.
it was a huge pleasure to have you and dr J at RedDoor.
unfortunately we did not have the chance to meet each other I am so proud you loved the house.
and how good is made's food? crazy eh?

a big thank you from all of us: george, cisco and myself.
we hope we will see you again very soon
claudio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I have travelled extensively over Asia, Australia and the Middle East... Stayed in 6 star hotels in Dubai and Abu Dhabi - excellent experiences but the serenity and simplicity of Red Door was exceptional. The attention and discretion of the staff was beyond reproach, the location was divine and afforded a real Balinese experience. Nothing in Seminyak could compare. I read the revues and expected to be disappointed... I was very pleasantly surprised. Red Door is a rare find. A genuine luxury yet affordable haven that is truly Balinese in its design and modus operandi. I don't usually write reviews... My conscience made me write this one. If you are contemplating, act, if deliberating, do not... This is where you want to be... Get in now because believe me in 6 months you will not find a room!

• Stayed May 2013
stak76, Owner at RedDoor Bali, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Dr J,

first of all let me thank you for your amazing review.
probably the best we have got so far.

it has been our main goal to give a serene energy and vibe to RedDoor and we are super happy when guests can see that and we can share our villa with them.

I really hope you will be back soon. there will be always a place for you.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed in many places in bali and this one would have to be the best. The location is great, i like being a little bit out of the business of seminyak. The hardest thing was actually to leave. The chef cooked me food that was grown on the property.
I went there to work on a creative project in peace. I was able to complete the entire project without distractions and the staff were not in the way. but there for whatever i needed.

it's not on the beach. but not that far. and the pool is at my door step. and after being there i liked the rice field and river view a bit better than black sand beach.

there is such a serenity to this place. thats the real charm of it. It's kind of hard to describe.

i stayed in the top room on the right amongst tree top. I would take that one again, but the room that is on the left near the river that goes past the veggie garden i will try next time

i just tried to book it again, however its booked out. i look forward to my next stay here.

thumbs up from me on this spot.

Room Tip: either the top right or bottom left.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Graz,

first of all let me thank you for your incredible review.
you really got the vibe of RedDoor perfectly.

If I am not wrong you stayed when George was around too.
how great is too work in the living, surrounded by the nature and with the sound of the river falls?
I personally love it too.
we are so happy you loved the energy our property has and you found the serenity we have tried to built.

yes, definitely come back. we will wait for you
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at this amazing place earlier this year. It is so lovely being there I found I didnt want to go anywhere else. The staff were so attentive and everything worked so smoothly, A perfect place to relax and enjoy nature in the comfort of a perfectly designed villa. There was always somewhere different to hang out. great spaces to come together or quiet unique spots to be alone. Please thank your staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear kim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on RedDoor.
yes, its true, its really difficult to leave the villa once you are in.
Wayan, Made, Agus, Koman and the rest of the staff are incredible.
always there when you need.

we really hope you will be back and stay with us again soon
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is my first time in Bali and so far I've learned that this island never stops to surprise visitors! This AMAZING Villa is located in the heart of nature, making you feel a real part of it! Everything looks perfect: the bedrooms (so romantic!), the fully-opened livingroom, the relaxing swimming-pool, the garden (with a vegetable garden too!), the food, and all the staff!! They are always extremely helpful and professional! It is just 10-15 minutes walk to Canggu beach, close to the nice bars and restaurants in Echo beach. Definitely, it is the best place I've been in in Bali! You cannot help but LOVE IT!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Chiara,
what a nice review. thank you so much.

we are so happy you enjoyed your stay at RedDoor.
its true the park where the land and the property sits its very peaceful and with an amazing energy.

it was great to have you with us.
you have done so much in the past years and you will do super well in the future too.

come back soon
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This villa carves a perfect line between luxury and homeliness. The design of the place is wonderful and the staff are brilliant. They even managed to locate a bag for me that I had left in an unknown taxi the day before. I really liked the location, close to the beach and in a beautiful quiet neighbourhood. Waking up to the sound of the river at the bottom of the garden and the beautiful rice paddies in the distance was a highlight. We also had some fantastic meals cooked for us, I highly recommend the fish tacos, one of the best I have ever eaten!
Thank you for such a great experience. I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
stak76, Owner at RedDoor Bali, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Rory,

thank you so much for your review.

George told me you would write and this is so kind of you.

I personally love to wake up with the sound of the river in the morning.
I think its one of the best feature of our villa.

we hope to see you again and hope to be around next time

have a beautiful life
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We recently stayed at Red Door Bali with friends for 3 weeks. It was our first time to Bali and I must say staying at Red Door was the best decision and added to having a perfect first experience in Bali.

After driving through the streets and the hustle and bustle of Denpansar and Kuta, when we entered the property it truly felt like arriving at an oasis. Even though it's not right at the beach (but only 5 minutes by car, don't worry!) it's a beautiful home away from home where you feel embraced by Bali's nature and hidden away in your own little world. Perfect to relax!

If you do want to go out and have fun it's only 20 minutes to Kuta or Seminyak but even the small town of Canggu is full of things to do, little restaurants (don't miss the Deus Temple of Enthusiasm and its Sunday night live music!), great surfing or yoga at Desa Seni. We had a car for the 3 weeks but also rented a scooter which we used to do day trips to all kinds of places like Ubud, different beaches and various temples. It was great to have Red Door Villa as our homebase and to do the trips from there.

Some days we would just chill at the house all day, read book and cool down in the wonderful pool. You actually don't even have to leave if you don't want to. The english speaking staff will help you with anything you need. The staff was amazing and was one of the biggest factors of making the stay so wonderful. They were always discreetly working around the house without being overly noticable but always right at hand when we needed something. They can get your clothes washed, help our with arranging for a car or scooter or give tips on excursions and activities. Everyone was extremely friendly, trustworthy and pleasant, trying to make our stay as best as possible.

The food was amazing! We had the cook prepare for us lunch and dinner almost every day and had tasty fruit platters and pancakes for breakfast. It doesn't matter if Indonesian or Western style food, we would always get a meal, perfectly cooked and prepared like in the most expensive restaurants. You just choose what you want or let him surprise you (definately try the delicious "rendang" though!). The great thing is, you just pay the price for the items that are bought from the supermarket. The staff will go shopping for you and cater to all your needs.

A lot has already been said to the house and interiors which I can only second. The design is beautiful, luxurious but laid back! There are tons of books in the house by the way which are part of the interior design so if you forgot yours don't worry. There are some great reads that you can chose from! The house and the rooms were kept very clean by the staff. The open plan living area is just beautiful and inviting to hang out or get work done (wifi is available throughout the house).

We hopefully will be back soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
stak76, Owner at RedDoor Bali, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Eva,

my little sister franziska (cisco) told me that you would write a review.
she also told me you took some photos.

I must say that I have been blown away by both.
thank you so much for super kind words.

our staff really loved you. I know Ayu even cried when you guys left.
it makes such a different to have amazing people staying in our house.
we did built RedDoor with all our love and its great to share it with them.

what can I say? thank you so much from all of us and please try to come back when you can.

claudio

Been to RedDoor Bali? Share your experiences!