“Infinity Volcano Ride” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We got daily mountain bike rides in Bali, Indonesia. We do expedition MTB trips to Nepal and each year we also have a few very special one-off trips up our sleeve. Thanks to our partnership with Giant Bikes International we are able to top it all off with brand new high quality hardtail or full suspension bikes. Welcome to Infinity Mountainbiking!
Hong Kong, China
“Infinity Volcano Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Was not sure when I was going to make it to Bali, but no problem, Infinity just gave me a list of what they were doing for the week and I signed up for the one that took my fancy via email. All the staff both admin and driver/guides were great - friendly and relaxed.
Infinity seem to be the only real option for experienced mountain bikers (Trailblasers a notable second) but infinity certainly have the best equipment that I saw during my research.

Perhaps it was because I went for the "Volcano Trail" (classified Difficult compared to the Trilblasers' "Batur Crator" ride classified experienced/multi level), but both the attending riders and the trail itself were one step higher quality, when comparing this to the Trailblasers' day trip.

In short, well setup organisation, a little more expensive than some, but very good quality equipment and the trail rides are good with enough technical sections to keep most people busy

Projectilevomit

Visited September 2012

Miri, Sarawak
3 attraction reviews
“Exceeding expectations.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is pretty much a repeat of what everyone else has said. 4 riders signed up for 6 days of mountainbiking with Sam and his crew (Ajus, Minggus and Santa).
Rides ranged from 35km to 65 km all around Mt. Batur Bali. The rides were excellent, ranging from technical down hill single track, to smooth flowy single tracks, fire roads plus a bit of tarmac.
Sam's crew were amazing, friendly, helpfull and Ajus is a pretty decent rider too (especially on the down hills)
We rented 2 bikes which were better than expected, mid to upper range giants and GTs.
Accommodation was much better than expected too.
Bali is an amazing place, this trip with Infinity really was the icing on the cake. I'll be back next year.

Melbourne, Australia
“60kms of MTB - great way to experience parts of Bali most don't see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Whilst in Bali May I found Sam's website and thought the day trip from the mtns to the sea sounded like my kind of ride. When I saw the quality of the bikes we would be riding I signed up immediately.

On the day it ended up being just Sam and myself. The riding was what I had expected - good fun with enough single track to keep a true MTB enthusiast happy. The experience however was better - what a great way to see some of the more traditional parts of Bali and take in some of the awesome beauty of the ancient terraced rice paddy fields. Lunch was equal to the best food I had in Bali (and my wife and I "did" all the big name Seminyak restaurants) and Sam was good company too - great knowledge about the area and culture - helps being married to a local hey Sam?

The bike was a full suspension Giant in top condition. I'll be back for another ride in 2013 - only thing I will change is to bring my riding shoes with SPD cleats.

Visited May 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
6 attraction reviews
“Finally, a proper MTB tour for mountain bikers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I did the epic 70 km cross country tour (with an additional 8 km thrown in for good measure). The bikes are new, high quality Giants, and are well maintained. Can be set to US or European braking/shifting on request. Seats excellent.

The tour itself is very much geared for experienced mountain bikers who are reasonably fit (read: not for day-trippers who have only done road rides on hybrids). The cross country run was non-technical, but there were good single track sections that could only be bombed down if you know what you';re doing (otherwise, just go slower). We were in the saddle for ~5 hrs, which to me is fantastic. Got to see the countryside from the mountain tops all the way to the beach using a network of single-track, cart trails, and occasional (low use) roads.

An excellent lunch is provided, and there are frequent stops for water/electrolytes and a sag wagon for those who feel they'd like to finish earlier than the rest of the group.

By far the best day of my vacation in Bali!

RECOMMENDATION: You can get a full suspension for ~$10 US extra, and it's worth the expense if you're used to riding soft.

Munich, Germany
8 attraction reviews
“Well worth the higher cost!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Was it scary at times? Yes. Would I do it again? Yes! Our group of 6 had an amazing day on the mountain, rice terraces and small villages. We were of mixed abilities and our guides made sure that we all had fun and most importantly were safe. Being that I was extremely inexperienced and had never cycled downhill on dirt paths, some parts of the trip were a bit scary and quite challenging. There were a few times I got off my bike and walked it over the steep or rough section of the path. Our guides, however, were extremely patient and there to help in any way that they could. I never felt pressure that I needed to hurry up and just do it. I'd like to thank our guides for making my first mountain biking experience one that I will never forget.