“Bliss in Bali” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bliss Sanctuary for Women

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canggu
Bliss Sanctuary for Women
You added Bliss Sanctuary for Women to your Saves list
Berawa, Canggu, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 144 Specialty Lodging in Canggu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Bliss in Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

In need of a relaxing break, I chose Bliss Santuary for Women over other Australian spa breaks as I wanted to experience something different (another cultural expereince) wanted an umcomplicated break - no men (no makeup, hair or worrying whether my bathers were showing too much) and value for money.
Bliss Sanctuary for women lived up to all this plus plus plus....the staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble and Kari (Bliss hostess) organised everything beautifully.
Took a couple of days to get into not organising everything myself however when I surrendered, it was the most enjoyable, relaxing holiday I have ever had. No one to think about except myself - completely self indulgent.
The food was unbelievable - I ate and ate and ate had several servings at dinner - thought I would come back with a few extras kilos however the food was totally healthy - didn't put on any extra weight (should have eaten more)
Will definitely go back again.
Thanks to all the staff at Blissf and hope to see you all again.
Dee

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ZoeWatson, Owner at Bliss Sanctuary for Women, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dee,
how wonderful to read your amazing review... thankyou so much for sharing the love.
It sounds like you really embraced and benefitted from the bliss of no schedules and deep rest while still embracing the culture and excitement of an overseas location. How amazing.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

A friend suggest I take a look at Bliss after watching an inspiring Aussie woman on one of our morning shows and suggest I google the site.

After reading Zoe's story and getting a feel of what she wanted to achieve I knew this was the perfect place for me. I enjoyed reading Zoe's blog and it was from this I made the booking.

A place like Bliss is unique and is only as good as the staff who I can happily say treat all the guests with a smile, hug and a genuine interest in your story. The staff make Bliss! Ketut the driver provided my transport needs in a new and clean car. Komang with the biggest smile took me to Yoga and dropped me here and there on the back of his scooter. I loved having the bicycle to use as well to explore the local area and ride down to the beach early in the morning.

Special mention to Vera and Wayan who provide the Massage and beauty treatments. The daily massages and girl talk soothed my muscles and my soul.

The villas are very comfortable and generous size providing everything you could possibly need and after a busy day provided a private and calm place to retreat. I loved having the mobile phone with the necessary phone numbers saved providing a sense of security while out and about and knowing Kari and Ketut are just a call away without the hassle of changing SIM cards and buying credit for my own phone! Small things such has having sarongs to use whether at the pool or just lounging around is a great idea. Loved all the toiletries, adaptors, hairdryer, safe and endless supply of drinking water.

Thanks to Yanti and the girls in the kitchen who were constantly providing tasty and wholesome food. Having access to snacks, water, soft drinks and my daily Coconut water was fabulous. I could feel and taste the love put into the meals and just adds to the feeling of being nurtured and cared for.

My package included surfing lessons, Yoga and eco Bike Tour. Really enjoyed the one on one Surfing lessons. The usual instructor from Oz was not available and I went with a local crew from Seminyak. I am a beginner and was soon standing up and after 2 hours returned back to the Villa for a healing massage. On the 3rd surfing lesson I was taken to Jimbaran Bay which was much cleaner and less crowded. Small green waves here are perfect for the beginner. Yoga was about a 5 min scooter ride away from Bliss at a place called Desa Seni. For all the Yoga fans you will not be disappointed! The eco bike tour is a full day and shows the village life of Bali along with a few stops along the way. The actual bike ride is all downhill. The best part is coming back home to a swim, massage and having dinner made and presented beautifully.

Kari can organize a visit to Erna, a Tarot, Numerology and Astrology expert who will sort it all out for you. I cannot recommend her highly enough. I returned from my visit with a much stronger sense of direction and clarity. I paid $135.00 AUD for a 2 hour consultation.

Sami, a Balinese medical intuitive is also available who carries out treatments at Bliss. A master of Accupresure and Kinesiology. He will soon advise where you need to make adjustments to bring mind, body and spirit into balance. 1.5 hours is approx. $50.00 AUD.

Overseeing it all is Kari the Hostess. A great mix of service and friendliness in a non intrusive way. So great not having to worry out organizing activities. After dinner Kari would let you know what time to be ready for next adventure in the morning and I really enjoyed time out from having to think! Thanks Kari!

I definitely recommend Bliss for many reasons but for anyone who wants an all inclusive getaway where you can a lot or very little and be pampered this is the place.

Room Tip: If you like really dark room for sleeping, take eyeshade as the curtains are of a light fabric.
Jennifer,
I feel so blessed to read your amazing review. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart for all of your kind personal comments. I am so glad you enjoyed my blogs ... they are not easy to write being so personal and from the heart. But it is important that as women we share our stories and experiences to help inspire others.
Thankyou for sharing your bliss story to help inspire other women to take the plunge to find their bliss by taking some time out ... as all women deserve in order to replensih the soul.

We hope you stay in touch via our facebook page and via email and hope to see you again very soon.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Following the breakdown of my marriage I was desperate for a holiday but didn't like the thought of being alone or surrounded by happy couples and noisy children. Bliss was perfect. Keri made me feel welcome from the moment I walked in and even though each of us staying were from different backgrounds by the end of the week it felt like saying good bye to life long friends. I was constantly amazed by the level of service and attention; it was more like staying with a close friend who wanted to look after you than in a hotel. I had a late flight but there was no check out time and everyone was happy to change the normal dinner time so we could have dinner together. We were even given a phone with all of the important numbers programmed in so that we could reach Keri, our driver or the other guests if needed. There were more staff than guests and nothing was ever any trouble. It was not unusual to be greeted with a big hug before they brought you your breakfast or arranged your massage time. I'm not normally one for sitting around a hotel pool but Bliss was so private that you could happily spend your day lounging outdoors in your bathing suit or the sarongs they provided. Bliss is a perfect retreat and was just the holiday I needed.

Wendy,
thankyou so much for your lovely feedback. WOW calling us the perfect retreat!

I am actually trying to redefine the world of travel for women by providing a new concept of travel experiences for women based around deep rest and complete privacy. I am so glad you embraced this and loved every moment of it.

I did notice we lost a couple of points for location. I specifically chose this location as it is so close to Seminyak shopping and bars whilst still feeling away from things nestled amongst a village environment and rice paddies. We are also less than a 5 minute walk to the beach and only an hour away from Ubud ... in choosing this location I was specifically careful to think about the 'experience' of each woman which also includes limiting travel time in being surrounded by amazing things to see like Tanah Lot - The Temple of the sea and the afore mentioned Ubud, beach, shopping and sunset drinks. Berawa is actually one of the most sought after areas for villas for these reasons. Hopefully you will like our Europe destinations even more whilst still experiencing the essence of Bliss.

We cant wait to see you in another of our sanctuaries ... coming very soon!

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Travelled to Bliss with a girlfriend for a much needed break from a busy life with young children. It lived up to my expectations and I truly felt so relaxed and pampered within hours of being there. Kari is an excellent hostess who is attentive, funny & caring. All the staff are wonderful and so friendly. I would definitely recommend Bliss to others especially those travelling alone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Emma,

thankyou so much for sharing your experience.
I am so glad we lived up to your expectations and at the same time so disappointed not to reach our intended levels of satisfaction with a 5/5 score in all areas.

We obviously fell short here and I would be so appreciative if you could share where we could improve as I know each staff member will be just as disappointed as I am and relish the opportunity to improve further.

My email is zoe@blisssanctuaryforwomen.com

Thankyou so much for your honesty and integrity as it is only through feedback that we can constantly improve. And thankyou for all of your lovely comments.

Most of all we are very excited that you were able to find your bliss and would recommend us to others. At the end of the day, we can't ask for more than that as a measure of excellence.

Bliss Love, Zoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

What a wonderful, wonderful place you have created at Bliss Sanctuary! Even though Perth is on the same time zone as Bali and its only a three and a half hour flight, I feel very disorientated today because my head and my heart are still back at Bliss and I'm not ready to give up that great feeling just yet.

Kadek, Yanti, Vera, Wayan, Komang, Ketut, Bagus, Kari and, of course, Bruce are all beautiful and the villas are a safe haven where you can be completely self indulgent and enjoy some serious 'me' time. The massages and treatments are just divine by Miss Vera and Miss Wayan and Miss Kadek is a genius in the kitchen. Miss Yanti will no doubt benefit from Kadek's skills and experience at Bliss.

Komang is number one 'scooter man' and I felt very safe in his capable hands as we rode to yoga in the mornings.

Ketut and Bagus were always available to drive me to where I wanted to go and had some good suggestions too.

And, as for Miss Kari - what a gem! She has grace, style, charm, compassion and a fun personality. 'Can I do anything for you?' is a question that Kari asks a lot and nothing is too much trouble.

I loved every minute of my stay - thank you.
Lynn (Perth)

Lynn,
thankyou so much for your amazing review.
I can hear the love in your words and although I hope you are able to get back to life in a more positive way very soon... we would love to have you back anytime to continue that blissful feeling :)

Please stay in touch.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Thank you Bliss for ensuring my getaway was relaxing, hassle free and easy- everything I was looking for!
Kari is happy, friendly, open and honest and easily made me feel like I was with a girlfriend I'd known for years!
Definitely recommend anyone traveling alone and wanting to treat yourself to stay with Bliss!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Joh,
thankyou so much for your kind words of blissfulness.
I know Kari and the staff will appreciate this feedback very much.

Most of all I am so happy your experience was hassle free as this is one of the most important elements of a blissful stay where everything is taken care of for you.

We hope to see you again very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wow! What can I say about Zoe's unique serene haven for woman travelling alone.
I am a 67 year old retiree who retired 2 years ago from a very demanding Human Service position.At times since then I have felt I am just drifting---just waiting to expire. I had seen Zoe's interview about Bliss Sanctuary on an Australian TV channel at the end of 2012 and thought it would be a perfect place for me to go and redefine myself. I had not travelled alone before and I was in need of some peace and relaxation.I received several emails from Zoe answering my questions while I was booking. Zoe must have the patience of a saint because in hindsight my questions were self explanatory on the Bliss site. Kari the hostess of Bliss Sanctuary sent me 2 emails of welcome before I even left Australia. By this time I felt totally special and I was that excited about commencing my holiday I thought I would burst.

To say that the Bliss experienced reached my expectations would be an understatement.
On arrival Kari with her beautiful smiling face met me and explained all about Bliss.She was
extremely determined to ensure all my needs were met during my stay at the lovely refuge. I immediately felt safe even though I was in a strange place,a fussy eater and had never eaten Indonesian cuisine.

The very special wonderful staff, the mouth watering healthy food, bought fresh daily and cooked by the lovely Kadec,or should I say Miss Kadec, I loved your hugs and smiley face each day.The gentle apprentice cook who shyly went about her work was heart warming. The massages and spa treatments by the delightful Vera and Yahan.( Thank you Vera you got rid of all the knots and tenseness in my back you really cared for me.) The solitude and privacy in my luxurious room. (except for Bruce-Zoe's dog.Sorry Kari he begged me to come in ha.ha) The charming and helpful drivers Cabus and Ketut.The beautiful smiling face of kumon the gardener security man (Your smile is like a ray of sunshine)

Kari I feel is the backbone of Bliss while Zoe is away.She is the heart and soul of making the concept work.Her dedication, caring, attention to detail for the guests and her love for the staff is inspiring.I liken her to a mother hen watching over her chicks.I would see her quietly follow a guest if they appear to be needing anything from a hug, a shoulder to cry on or a patient ear to listen to their days experience.Nothing was too much for her.I had been at Bliss for a few days when I discovered Kari had been suffering in silence with a migraine for 6 days. She had just soldiered on.Karri you will be a hard act to follow when you leave.

2.The amazing smiling,caring and efficient staff.Some do not speak english!This does not get in the way of them delivering an excellent service with an ongoing genuine smiling face. When you hear some of their personal stories you wonder at their ability to always smile whilst at all times endeavouring to please the guests.I can insure the reader that they accomplish this with flying colours.

The very interesting guests I met who came from different parts of the world.
It was so exciting listening to their respective stories.I was in awe of these independent ladies and their travel yarns. I was surprised when I discovered I was respected by the staff and other guests and that they thought I was funny.

When Sami the healer visited me, I found that he really helped me to see where I am with my health and the healing massage was sublime.Straight after Sami left Vera arrived and gave me a facial and cream hair bath. I felt so relaxed I felt I was floating. I commented to Kari that I think I have died and gone to heaven. How much bliss can one person experience at one time

Last but not least the exquisite and peaceful surroundings of the lavish gardens and pool.
The tranquil setting allowed for me to relax and soak up the sun.I feel I found my true self again in the 7 days at Bliss.I left feeling happy,loved, respected and full of self worth.I am so proud of myself."I found my BLISS."

My two suggestions to improve the service are a small electric fan in the rooms to have air going on your face on an extremely hot night. Mosquito coils to help get rid of the pesky mozzies

Thanks everyone for your love and kindness. I will return!!.
Love Carol Perth WA

Room Tip: I loved my corner suite with King size bed.All the rooms looked good to me.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ZoeWatson, Owner at Bliss Sanctuary for Women, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi Carolyn,

thankyou so much for your amazing review! I am so glad you enjoyed the staff, they are all so beautiful and love working together at Bliss which is such a blessing. They all have great lives filled with love and family and simplicity, different to ours and they especially love connecting with each and every guest.

I wanted to thankyou for mentioning your tips and things you would like to change. We find that most guests prefer airconditioning to fans and as we have airconditioning in each room they are not really needed. However we do have a portable fan that can be requested at any time. So sorry this wasn't offered to you.

We also spray regularly for mosquitos and can do that more frequently when they become pesky. We've had many comments that guests are surprised how few mosquitos we have which is what we'd rather hear so thankyou for letting me know so we can get extra sprays done, especially in the wet season where the rain can wash the effect of the spray away.

I'm so glad you loved Kari. She is amazing and such a beautiful soul. Each Bliss Sanctuary we have will have it's own hostess, all chosen for an amazing attitude and spirit and willingness to help and connect with women from all over the world. Although the hostess is rarely ever me, I spend a lot of time training and supporting then from the back end so they are there ready and inspired to help facilitate you as the guest to help you find your own bliss.

Thanks again for choosing us and trusting us.

Much Love, Zoe :)

Been to Bliss Sanctuary for Women? Share your experiences!