“Surfer's Paradise?” 3 of 5 stars

$155*
and up
Ranked #4 of 23 things to do in Canggu
More attraction details
Owner description: Canggu Beach is North of Seminyak. It's mostly famous as a place for surfing with 2 famous beaches : Echo Beach, world class wave and Batu Bolong also known as Old Man which is the ideal spot for beginners, longboards and funboards.Those 2 beaches are reef breaks.The sand is black on the 2 beaches, but it's also a nice place to rest and watch the surfers. In the past year Batu Bolong has became a super trendy place with many young European hanging out in the evening. The new athmosphere reminds a bit of Ubud, but with the surf as a background.
San Francisco, California
15 attraction reviews
“Surfer's Paradise?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

After spending 3 weeks in Bali in 2008, my wife and I decided to come back for a month and stay so I could surf and we could enjoy the island. Having surfed Bali before (Uluwatu/Bukit) and coming off a surf boat charter in the Maldives, I couldn't wait to get in the water in Bali. Got to Canggu beach and I admit that it was a bit disappointing. I felt like I was back at Ocean Beach in San Francisco vs. Bali. The waves were a combo beach/reef break with long paddle outs and ok waves. The SE trade winds also came up very early so I had to be up at dawn to get a couple of hours in before the winds were blowing 15-20 MPH side shore. I should have brought a kite board!

We've made a few trips already down to surf the Bukit because it was too big in Canggu to even paddle out, and it's going off all day with offshores, white sand beaches, and perfect clear blue/green water breaking over consistent reef.

I hate to complain, which I feel like I'm doing...but I had visions of perfect waves that I could surf at any time of the day for the entire month. I should have done more research...but maybe this will help you. :-)

Visited August 2012

• Indonesian first
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Canggu Beach”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

dirty and poor access to the beach. We had to walk through a buildingsite to get to it. there are no facilities anywhere nearby and nowhere to get a drink.

Visited June 2012
Phuket, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
“Nice beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I like to see new thing and meet new peoples. I love travel

Visited August 2011
Helena
“Life on the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Good surf, sandy beach, used by the locals, could have been
cleaner in places this was in December 2010

Visited December 2011
Torino, Italia
3 attraction reviews
“Great surfing spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

wonderful beach, especially with great waves for surfing, relatively clean for Bali

Visited May 2012