“Great Horseriding Centre” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 36 Activities in Canggu
Type: Ranchs, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Take time for a really special adventure on horseback. Our experienced tour guides will take you through enchanting landscapes and sandy beaches.We offer riding lessons, Bandy and Dogkar tours, ronyrides, beachrides, special events and a lot more, as well a horse tack shop - just come and try out.The German / Indonesian Management say welcome
sydney
“Great Horseriding Centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My daughter spend half of her holidays at the Bali Horse Riding Centre and loved every minute of it! Nice team looking after the horses and offering good tours and lessons. Special thanks to Carmen & Mathias :)

Shanghai, China
3 attraction reviews
“Sunset Beach Riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I took my girlfriend here on our last day to enjoy a horseback ride on the beach at sunset, it was wonderful. Whether you have never ridden a horse before or you are an experienced rider you can enjoy the time here and the staff are happy to assist you with anything you need. It felt very safe and relaxing, and to see the sunset on the beach was absolutely breath taking

Visited October 2013
Vienna, Austria
“Very friendly and competent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My 5-year old daughter got her first lesson, it was great for her - and then a ride to the beach into the ocean, a sensational experience.
And I was riding also to the beach, had much fun.
thanks to you all guys!

Visited September 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

“I'm not mad about falling, just horribly disappointed in the owners reaction.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Today I went for a ride at Bali Horse Riding Adventure. I am an experience rider, having rode for the past fifteen years on family horses, as well a guide for trail rides in America. The horse I was put on was a little nervous, a little hyper alert. About thirty minutes into the ride, my guide stopped to get some water. From his backpack he pulled out a plastic bag where he kept the water bottles and Mumba threw his head back before trying to take off down the beach. I pulled back as best I could until he bucked. From experience I knew to roll off the horse before he took off down the beach. I hit the sand, landing on my right shoulder and rolling. The guides horse followed after mine. He left me to chase them down. Once they returned I was fine to get back on Mumba but every time I put my foot in the stirrup he would jump to the side and throw his head back. I wasn't comfortable getting back on such a scared horse which was confirmed when my guide was also unable to get on Mumba after trying for about ten minutes. The guide called the stable and I don't know what they said because they were speaking Indonesian but it was decided we head back. I sat on the guides horse while my guide held a lead rope and Mumbas bridle. I had to be on a rope because apparently the horse was one of the fastest in Indonesia. Eventually Mumba calmed down enough for the guide to hop on him but as we came to a place on the beach where the waves were crashing into the cliffs the horses got nervous again and I didn't feel comfortable following him in. I got off of the guides horse I was riding and the guide got off of Mumba, even though he orignally said it was fine to ride them, and we walked the horses past. I'm grateful I jumped off because the horses were antsy the whole walk, clearly uncomfortable in that spot. We walked the rest of the beach then rode very slowly (walking), me still on the guides horse being led, and the guide still fighting Mumba to keep him calm and from taking off. At the stable I waited several minutes before the blonde woman (I'm pretty sure she was the owner) came to speak to me. I explained what happened and how I would like a refund because it wasn't the ride I expected. I was not angry at falling off, I have ridden enough to know you are going to fall every now and then. The woman claimed she would only give me thirty percent back (roughly $20 out of the $75) because I was out for two hours. She didn't care that I got
thrown, was off the horse for most of the time, or unable to finish the ride due to the unfit horse. She said that I rode for two hours. When I tried to explain that the ride I paid for only last twenty minutes she called me a liar because I was gone for two hours. She then shoved the few dollars in my hand and kicked me off of her property.

Visited September 2013
ArifCarmen, Owner at Bali Horse Riding Adventure, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Laura,

Thank you for your words.

Mamba is one of our younger horses at the stables, we use him as lesson horse for kids and beach tour horse for experienced riders who request a horse with more spirit.
He takes faster steps through small rivers this is what we tell every guests who is riding him but that he starts to buck is unusual and he never did it before.
We are sorry for that but he is a living creature and we would not have given him to you if we knew that he will do this after months where he is with us. The guests before came back happy.When we got the call it was 1 hour and 20 minutes since you left the stables thats why we offered you a refund about this ammount. You came back after 2 hours and 20 Minutes, why we thought you finished the ride on the guide horse. When we talked after the ride with the guide and you together there was not any word about a handwalked leashed way back to the stables. We are a familiar stable and yes we showed you the way out. But after showing you the call time which was 1 hour and 20 minutes, and a fact of time, we got screamed at with insulting words and were not able to have a normal conversation because you still said that you just rode 20 minutes. Best Regards Management and Owner Bali Horse Adventure
Paris
4 attraction reviews
“Great canter on the beach with the surfers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Everywhere I travel, I do my best to fit in a horse ride as it provides a unique perspective (literally!) of the country side, a nice contact with the locals (despite the language barrier - see below) and of course the pleasure of riding all kinds of different horses.

I was referred to Bali Horse Adventure though the Villa Mathis and it was up to my expectations: the horses are well taken care of (none of this ghastly behavior that you witness at tourist-only stables) by the team, the ride through the country side onto the beach is quiet and safe, and once on the beach my little mare (Flexy) turned out to enjoy having a good race with my guide's stallion. Starting at 9 am, we only had to share the beach with the surfers and a couple of stray dogs (but that's typical of Bali).

The guide was fine and the fact that his English was only slightly better than my Balinese but that was not the point. And in any case I didn't come for the pleasure of his conversation, but for a great morning ride...which I had.

The stables cater for their own horses but also provide boarding which means that they really know what they are doing and are very respectful of the horses.

All the staff I met there were friendly and professional.

Visited August 2013