“Good!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Kovalam
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Its conveniently located next to the beach and restaurants.
The rooms are quite spacious and offer good ambience. Though no great view from the rooms but when in kovalam who would want to stay indoors!
The inhouse restaurant serves good food too.
Their swimming pool is also big and clean.
We stayed here for 1 night and it was well worth our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Maldives
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Me and my family have stayed 2 days here and our experience was outstanding with Jasmine Palace. The team were excellent in terms of everything from the time of arrival ,the reception was so helpful even though we came slightly early to check in, the rooms ( # 103) facing the pool was great and the amenities were up to my satisfaction. The restaurant had an excellent menu however c the chef came all the way to assist me for my requirement which never happens in most of the hotels. The service was exceeded expectation and i had a great dining experience. The hotel and the surroundings were very beautiful we had great time.I will recommend this hotel to my friends & relatives who travel to Kovalam for their holidays.

Room Tip: Please book for pool view rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were 2 couples with 2 kids and 1 infant.
We checked in on January 2nd morning and for the first time the rooms were cleaned on 3rd afternoon.
On 3rd january, My Kid vomited at around 8-9 p.m. and when I contacted the Reception, the response was.."Sir, the room service staff has gone. It would be cleaned tomorrow." I was amazed to hear It. I replied with, "So Do u expect me to sleep on a bed full of vomit?". He kept the phone and when I called him again, He said, "OK Sir , we would provide the same but It would be chargeable". I was like Whaat? He said the timings for the staff is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. He couldn't do anything about it.
Even after heated discussion, The night manager was not ready to provide any room service. My wife at last had to clean it all by herself.
The location of the hotel is very good. It is just 5 mins walk to the Light House Beach but I suggest this Hotel to noone keeping the service & staff behavior in mind.

Room Tip: Rooms are just ok which are pool side.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DIRECTORJP, Director of Sales at Hotel Jasmine Palace, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am disappointed to learn that your experience at Jasmine palace was not up to your expectation and have shared your feedback with our team. I can assure you that required corrective action has been taken in this regard.

I apologize regarding your experience and request you to look at this in isolation and not let it mar your overall impression of our hotel and its services. Please rest assured we do aspire to give the best accommodation, food and service to all our guests.

Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Regards
Mahesh
Kochi (Cochin), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have stayed 2 days here and our experience with Jasmine Palace was excellent. All of us had a very good time, we have enjoyed the pool and beach a lot, staffs were really helpful
Rooms were excellent with pool view and beach is just 2 min walking distance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed there in December 2011, hotel is good, room are are nice with balcony opening towards pool. Service is very poor. I kept my Ray ban glasses (cost around 8000 rupees) at reception coz i came from out side and dont wanna to go into room (it saved my 5-10 minits) as i was in hurry to return back to beach and next day early morning was my departure. I was surprised that nobody handed over the glasses. Even in the morning when i was leaving the hotel nobody was present at reception i call them loudly several times then one person came and i wait at least 15-20 minits to get my glasses back from reception. thanks god i got it and caught the flight also.
Food was good just 5-10 minits walk to beach.

Room Tip: Most of the room face swimming pool ask for room behind reception building.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were 4 couples with 2 kids, Rooms were excellent were put up in room with very good pool side view. The A/C rooms with other amenities were good and spacious. The hotel staff as well was good. we were here for just 2 days but the hospitality was good. Nice garden clean pool water. Being vegetarian we had just tried veg food which was delicious and breakfast too. The hotel is just 2 mins away from the Beach. I recommend this hotel for good accommodation at a budgeted price.

Room Tip: pool side view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Noida, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel Jasmine Palace took us by surprise! A pleasant surprise. From the moment we arrived till we checked out....we felt at home. We stayed in the suite S1, which was spacious and comfortable. The response to requests was prompt and efficient. The fare offered in the restaurant was decent. The main beach was about two or three minutes away. A special mention about the staff. Courteous, friendly and efficient.
I would strongly recommend Hotel Jasmine Palace to everybody visiting Kovalam.

Room Tip: S-1 is perfect for a family of three or four.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Jasmine Palace? Share your experiences!