We greatly enjoyed our stay at Bethsdaida Hermitage recently. My husband needed some peace and quiet and the resort filled the bill. Just about 40 minutes drive from Trivandrum airport, BH has a lovely site on a small cove and the rooms are staggered up and down the hillside. I believe it is primarily marketed to foreign visitors, as we saw no other Indian guests and billing for some services was quoted in Euros. The buffet meals are marked out to show what is appropriate for various ayurvedic doshas, and quite delicious. Although we did not come specifically for ayurvedic treatments, as many of the guests did, my husband took advantage of the massage services and my daughter and I enjoyed the small library and shopping arcade on site. The rooms and the resort in general are very clean and well kept. My favorite part was the trail along the shore that led past beautiful rocky outcrops and revealed hidden beaches. The surf was pretty rough for swimming, but the sea and beaches are very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ayurveda Resort. 5 Residential Doctors 24 x 7, 25 Treatment rooms, 105 guest rooms, 2 swimming pools, 2 ocean view restaurants, Private beach, shop, theater, spa, gym, etc ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bethsaida Hermitage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bethsaida Hermitage Hotel Kovalam
- Bethsaida Hermitage Kovalam, Kerala