“These guys are awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vedanta Wake up! by Lighthouse Beach, Kovalam

You added Vedanta Wake up! by Lighthouse Beach, Kovalam to your Saves list
Vedanta Wake up! by Lighthouse Beach, Kovalam
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Near Avaduthura Devi Temple, Temple Road, Hawa Beach, Lighthouse Beach,, Kovalam 695521, India   |
Ranked #15 of 31 Specialty Lodging in Kovalam
Kochi (Cochin), India
“These guys are awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed in Kovalam for 4 days and what to say!

This place is clean, they always help you, they recommend us loads of places and they answer all the doubts we had.

I would recommend as ewell the restaurant Lonely Planet.

The best of this hostel is the ubication, 2 minutes walking t the beach, and the fact that you can rest very good, no noise at night!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kiel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

As the property is quite new it looks great and modern.
We choosed the dorm room to get in contact with some other travelers but i imagine that this property is more a hotel than a hostel even they have some games and a nice common room. But there are too many places in kovalam, so all travelers are spreaded and you have to get in contact with them on the beach.
During our stay the room get fluted several times during heavy rain after a long time and some drainage problems, but the stuff did everything to solve the Problem and succeded on the second day.
They cleaned also our clothes who get dirty from the water in our room while we were out for breakfast after the first shock (good service, we didn't had to ask for it allready done when we came back).
Room was clean, stuff is really friendly, place is good located but i wouldn't ppy the full price (during our stay was a promotion).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Gottingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed in Kovalam Beach last weekend in this lovely hostel and I would definately recommend it. It is spotless clean, the prices are good and the staff is very very friendly! It is more like a hotel than a hostel, very close to the beach. I had a great time and would always come back!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Their properties are nice but enough, but for half the price of their hostel beds, you can get private rooms with basically the same amenities in far better and more central locations in each town/city they operate in. Instead, their properties are in some weird corner or backwater of the town/city they are in. And not in some "quiet and peaceful" kind of way. More like in a "It always takes me 10 minutes to walk to the center of the action even if I am practically a village" kind of way

My main problem with them, however, isn't "value for money." It is that they are thieves.

No, the maid didn't steal my iPod.

Worse. I am an expert in ocean recreation for the hospitality industry. I had a meeting with some of their top brass. I pitched several ideas in this field which could work right away at many of their properties and proposed properties. They essentially said "We like them all. But let us start with a pilot project on surfing at our new property in Kovalam. Draw up some plans and give us a budget and we will do it."

I did. One request for a response a few days later ignored. Second response for a response a week later ignored. Telling them I would participate in the Kovalam Spice Coast Open Surf Meet two weeks later, so they could see me in action in the water and we could look at their proposed property and refine our plans ignore.

They stole my proprietary intellectual property in what was espionage masked as a request for a business proposal.

By the way, their Kovalam site is so far off the main drag, I have to assume that every positive review here is self promotion.

Cavaet emptor: "Buyer beware"

"The wheels of justice grind slow, but they grind exceedingly fine."

It is no wonder the prestigious Economist magazine (UK) ranked India about 170 out of around 200 countries in terms of "ease of doing business." Vendanta Wake up! is just another example of this.

That kind of karma will catch up with you in the end. Vedanta Wake up!: you had better wake up!

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Good hotel to stay. Rather one of the best hotel where I have been too during my visit to Kerala. The ambiance is good and cleanliness is also well maintained. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. Good connectivity to the beach and market is just few steps...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Fantastic hostel that was a pleasure to stay at. I am usually a bit hesitant about hostels, but would recommend this place to everyone! It was clean, comfy and the staff was fantastic. I especially enjoyed the south Indian breakfast. Nice touch!

Room Tip: try the dorm rooms if looking for budget options.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at Vedanta for 2 nights with my family and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was freindly and always willing to help. The hotel is walking distance to Kovalam Lighthouse Beach. My only suggestion would be to provide lunch and dinner facilities as well...as they only seem to serve breakfast

Room Tip: Excellent wifi facilities
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Vedanta Wake up! by Lighthouse Beach, Kovalam? Share your experiences!