“great view” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dorset, United Kingdom
“great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

good views of beach and lighthouse, food ok, tried breakfasts.. service patchy but friendly enjoyed their bannana and hot chocolate

Visited February 2013

hove, england
“Great coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Only went here for breakfast - the coffee comes in a cafetiere and is very good. A rare find in Kerala. Between us we had masala dosa, porridge, fruit and muesli. All very nice.
The restaurant is on the 1st floor, so if you're by the balcony you get a great view of the beach and all the action.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went there for dinner. Nice secluded dining area, soft background music. Far away from vendors and pan-handlers. (one floor above the boardwalk). Waiters were efficient, and the food was spicey and tasty. Prices reasonable.

Visited January 2013
UK
“Just as good as last time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Fantastic food, attentive staff, only downside was it was quiet so not as much atmosphere, people tend to stick to restaurants further up beech. I remember it being expensive last time but this time average pricing. We will go again this week for definite.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Totally overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the great reviews this was the first restaurant we went to on our first day at kovalam. And I cannot be more disappointed. Since this is a fusion restaurant I will divide this review according to their menu.

East
I love sea food and I was hoping to get some authentic kerala dishes. The malabar fish curry and the seer fish fry I ordered was taste less. No flavour whatsoever, I understand this place gets a lot of foreigners and most of the restaurants here take the spice level down a little but tell the truth, any other place down at the lighthouse beach was better. If you are looking for some proper kerala style food I would recommend the coconut Grove, kingfisher and well I loved the food at most of the other place I ate for the 4 days I was at kovalam.
West
We also ordered a pasta and a pizza. The spaghetti was undercooked served with this big blob of sauce on it. Totally not worth it and the pizza was just alright. I would suggest you guys to just go to any restaurant who don't specialize in Italian food out there and just try the macaroni which is wayyy better. Although I would recommend the Pizzeria for some good pizzas and pastas.

Great ambiance but really bad food.
Don't waste your money!