“Just big. Nothing special.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Jing Jin City Resort and Spa

You added Hyatt Regency Jing Jin City Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Jing Jin City Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Zhujiang Road, Zhouliangzhuang, Baodi District, Tianjin 301811, China   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #16 of 998 Hotels in Tianjin
Los Angeles, California
“Just big. Nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Thought it would be interesting to do a side trip from Beijing to Tianjin. On the way there, we stayed the night at this Hyatt and signed up for the Explore Package for about 1800RMB with 1000RMB back in vouchers to use on site. Upon arrival, no one helped with our luggage. No one helped with the door. Check in was fine. We were given a room on the 6th room. We requested a non-smoking room which we got, but we had to go through a smoke filled hallway to get there. Ash trays were made available at each of the elevators and there were plenty of still burning cigarettes in them. The non-heated pool is located as far away as possible from the guest elevators. The Glass House buffet breakfast lounge had a good selection and I would say it's up to Hyatt's international standards. The Japanese restaurant was closed. The other restaurant wasn't a restaurant at all. It's more like a lobby lounge converted to a restaurant and the food was below average. Nonetheless, the bill for two came out to over 700rmb. When we got back to the room later in the evening and called the front desk for more complimentary bottled water, we were told we would have to pay for each extra bottle. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone; not even for a weekend getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life in Beijing. Management doesn't seem to care about details. Their chief concerns seem to be with check in and the buffet. Why would they have their guests walk around with 10 vouchers of 100rmb each instead of simply crediting the charges on the room bill? The only reason I can think of is because it's more convenient for them. It's too bad. There's a lot of potential.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Korean first
Cayman Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed at the hotel on a business trip and it was amazing. Having traveled around china for the week I ended up at this hotel for the last business meetings and wow, it is incredible. On arrival it is like driving up to a Vegas hotel with it's size and design. The staff are fantastic and most speak excellent english. I was upgraded to a suite, beautiful but a shame I could not use it more. Breakfast is incredible and has all types of food available and we ate two dinners in the garden restaurant which had great food and service. We did not try the hot spring, after all it was a business trip. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area or even want a trip outside of Beijing, about 2 hours, for a luxury break. Watch out it does get very busy in the winter weekends.

Room Tip: The larger suite room was amazing but I have stayed in a regular room previously which was just as g...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Off Beijing, Hyatt Tianjin is Castle.
Should be sure great weekend resort. But I could stay only for a 1N (its was weekday). Lots of space & amenities for a weekend bash...

View look like a Castle... Inside is also like a castle. Huge front lounge. Lovely rooms. The location itself is bound to noise free. Great place to relax.

Food was nice. BF spread was nice arranged totally in different way to make it feel like very very ig spread.. It was great feel to brek the regular buffet way....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My best friend and I had enough of Beijing's heat and pollution and picked the Hyatt Jing Jin as a quick weekend getaway in July 2012. It was a fabulous decision and we had a wonderful time. Prior to our arrival I spoke with Ella, of guest services, who helped to arrange our transportation out there and our final accommodations. She was wonderful, as was the rest of the staff including Stella and Elizabeth.

As the car out to Hyatt JJ was quite expensive, we decided to take the train to Tianjin, from where the hotel arranged for one of their cars to pick us up. The train out was 66 RMB for first class (55RMB for second), took 33 minutes and left every 10 mins. The driver picked us up at the exit, with a big sign making it easy for us to find him. The ride took an hour and cost a flat 280RMB.

The hotel is insanely huge and ornate in design. The online pictures just do not do it justice. When we walked in we were warmly welcomed and found that because the club wing wasn't open we had been upgraded to an executive suite for no extra cost. Our room had a dinning area, living room, bedroom, massive double his & hers closet, bathroom and two toilets. Two huge connecting patios we just off the sliding glass doors. The hotel also offered us club room additional benefits for a nominal amount, which we decided to upgrade to.

For R&R, we went to the gym, which was quite spacious, lots of windows and excellent equipment. It looked like it wasn't used that often but they quickly set out lots of towels and bottled water. There were stretch balls, yoga mats, weights, machines, etc. Only downside was that he AC has been off, prior to our arrival so the room was hot. I would advise giving them 30 minutes notice so that they can prep. After that we jumped into the lovely indoor pool. Note, it is not heated but it is in a solarium of sorts so the water wasn't too chilly (can't speak for the winter). The wooden doors leading out to the lounge chairs are all under repair which means that you couldn't use the out door area. However, the steam, sauna and jacuzzis were all nice.

The hot springs were closed but with 24 hours notice they could clean out one of the soaking rooms which we could have access to for 2 hours for 800 +15% RMB. From what I understand they haven't been open for 3 months minimum so we decided to pass on that option, especially with the price being a factor.

While we didn't use the spa, it looked lovely, as did the bowling alley, squash court, huge kids play area, ping pong tables, etc. The outdoor grounds were lovely, with an outdoor ice skating rink that looked like it would have been really fun in the winter. The gardens are equally massive, with huge villas in the back.

A drawback of that the grounds & facilities is that they are so large the hotel just does not seem to have the adequate number of staff or resources to properly take care of them. As a result they have focused their resources on the central parts of the hotel and left the periphery parts of the hotel to decay somewhat. We were walking around these outdoor parts of the hotel and were repeatedly stopped by staff, asked what we were doing, where we were going and strongly discouraged from walking around. I understand their concerns and I didn't see anyone else walking around. This emphasis on concentration of resources on central parts of the hotel meant that the outdoor pool and rock climbing wall was unusable unfortunately. That being said the central facilities were fantastic and their conference space both impressive and enormous.

On our last day there, we had a great breakfast in the Glass House and enjoyed suntanning on our room's HUGE porch with excellent room service mojitos.

All in all a wonderful trip, great service, excellent food, wonderful central facilities. Despite some of the facilities short comings, it never once negatively impacted our trip there. Highly, highly recommend this hotel for a lovely weekend getaway!

Room Tip: Call 24 hrs in advance if you want to use the hot springs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I've recently discovered this hotel and have visited a few times. Everything about this hotel is great- especially the staff in the Regency Club. John, the GM, is attentive and accommodating, and his staff is world-class. I once took the hotel BMW back to Beijing and the driver, Frank, literally jumped over a small fence in order to give me a hand towel after we made a restroom stop. To top it all off, the hot spring tub on the balcony makes sure you have a relaxing experience. With my hectic work travel schedule I am trying to find a time to return to this hotel. Specific employees who have especially gone beyond the call, include: Barbara and Lisa (duty managers, the former who graciously offered her personal iPhone charger to me, as I couldn't be away from my phone during one stay); Rachelle (front desk staff in the main building who escorted me to the gym after I got lost in walking from the Regency Club to the gym...it's a big hotel!); Stanley and David (manager and asst. room service manager, later who helped me pack food "to-go" upon check-out); Jason (Regency Club attendant who waited on my group with friendliness each day); Frank (the aforementioned driver, who ensured that Hyatt service continued long after leaving the property); and countless others...i wish I could remember all the names. Everyone is so kind and accommodating, which is a tribute to the management and training staff. I've been to many Hyatt properties worldwide, and the service I've received from this staff is on par, if not better, than most of the hotels I've visited. Splurge a little and get the Regency Club Executive Suite. It includes a jet whirlpool from the natural hot springs. I wish I was there now!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Staff have to be among the friendliest and most helpful in the world. Nice facilities. Package deals a bit too complicated for me to figure out, but great visit overall.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and three young children went to this hotel over the weekend, to get away from Beijing.

The hotel's massive size and odd architecture makes you feel you have arrived in Disney's enchanted castle - if Disney had decided to build it right in the middle of nowhere...

We enjoyed a suite in the Regency part of the hotel. This was one of the best rooms we stayed in, very large but well organized, with bedroom, living room, huge bathroom (jacuzzi tub and separate "rain" shower), two balconies
and a stone spa pool. The bed itself was very comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. Cleanliness
was impeccable.

Food at the hotel is OK, but nothing exceptional. Nothing was bad, but nothing was amazing. You won't be surprised.

Activities are more for adults, with the spa and the nearby golf. For our kids, we tried the playroom, but there was woefully little to do. Nearly no toys and only one or two painting activities. One of the managers informed us this would be expanded soon - so I will wait until then to take my kids back. The pool itself is very nice: large, clean, with two kids pools. One of the nicest pool areas I have been to, and the kids really enjoyed that.

The staff is incredibly attentive. In our short 24 hour stay, we had at least 5 different managers walk up to us to ask if everything was OK and whether they could do anything for us. Sometimes, three times in the same meal (which is a little too much...). This provided us with the opportunity to give feedback.

Overall, a good weekend stay and a welcome change from Beijing. We will definitely return but hope the playroom will have been improved by then. In any case, if you bring along some games, DVDs and an iPad, you should be able to keep the kids busy during a short stay!

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Hyatt Regency Jing Jin City Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!