“Service not really good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Loft

Le Loft
Crossing of NanJing Lu and JinZhou Dao - Opposite to Tangla Hotel, Heping District, Tianjin, China
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 2,284 restaurants in Tianjin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Service not really good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was amazed by the picture I saw the first time and I decided to go there for diner.
the food was ok nothing to special, just a bit too big but ok. I think the worst is the manager that was sitting with his friend and not paying attention to our table and our needs. He was just enjoying smoking and drink with his friends. while most of the time we had to pour our own wine and wait a bit to much for the main. before having our main course we where told to choose the dessert because the kitchen was going to close! I think this is not acceptable.
I do not recommend really this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Oamericano,

I'm sorry that you had a so bad experience in our restaurant, what can I say... Actually not so much, we will do our best to improve all that points that you have mentioned.

I'm quite surprised about what you said on the food, we have globally great feedback on it, could you kindly point the dishes that disapointed you?

About pouring the wine to customers, that's a tricky point here.... Mean some customers want to have a private experience and don't want to have the waiter behing us during all the dinner. It's very hard for the staff to find the just middle between, sticking to a table all the night and completly ignoring customers. Please be sure that we will make our best to solve that tricky issue.

You pointed out that the manager was smoking and drinking with this friends, that won't happend in the future again.

About asking for the dessert before the ending of your dinner, I still think that is better to inform customers that kitchen will close, than to say them that kitchen is already close and they can not order anymore.

Thank you for taking time to report on the problem of Le Loft, pleae be sure that we will hardly try to fix them.

We will be happy to welcome you again in Le Loft in the future in better conditions

87% Recommend
beijing
“nice place and nice food,u cant miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

well, i visited my friend in tianjin and he took me here....vy nice place...quite and tasty..we had dinner here..the food is yammy ...especially goose liver and salmon with asparagus...highly recommended...and we knew later that the chef is from France..no wonder !!!!anyone who loves nice food wont miss here...no matter u r a chinese or a foreigner..will miss here after back to bj...

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Ada

It's great to see that people from Beijing are coming to Tianjin for business trip or hollidays. I'm happy that you had a great time in our restaurant and hope to see you in the future.

Thank you for your nice review, and be sure that we will make our best to keep Le Loft the way you like it

Shanghai, China
“Authentic French cuisine with a difference !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Following the recommendation by a friend, we went to check out the place a couple of weeks ago.
Both me , my wife and kids enjoyed the exquisite & authentic food prepared by a French chef in person. While there are meanwhile quite a number of French and international restaurants in town, the authenticity of the food served in most places still leaves a lot to be desired. So, if you want to enjoy the real deal and eat like at home ( comme chez soi en douce France!) le Loft is the place to go. While the service was very attentive, it was not obtrusive. Both the manager and the chef seem highly motivated and eager to make you feel at ease ( I guess, they must own shares in the company). Even for our kids the " fun moments " ( and extra chocolates )created by management & staff proved most entertaining.The wine list has been expanded by some exclusivity deals and now features a broad selection of medium to high international quality wines. While the cuisine and ambiance are excellent, the prices are comparatively reasonable.
To sum it all up: Keep up the good work and stay authentic. We'll definitely be back!

Visited June 2013
Dear Karl,

Thank you for coming in Le Loft, I see you are based in shanghai. We will be please to welcome you on your next trip to Tianjin. Thank you to take you time to write us a so positive review and be sure that in the future we will do our best to keep the same experience.

Hope to see you soon in Le Loft

Tianjin, China
“fresh seasoned frenchfood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I met both the manager and chef who are real french. the food is fresh with good presentation on the plate. I've been proposed an excellent champagne from a small producer, good taste and real class!

Visited April 2013
Peter D, Manager at Le Loft, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for this nice review, please be sure that we will keep our effort to offer you a great experience next time

Hope to see you soon in Le Loft

Toronto, Canada
“Taste of Europe (and France)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I first visited Le Loft in March 2013 and have been visiting at least once a week since.
The food is excellent, as is the small selection of wines.
The owner is always on hand. So if there are issues they are dealt with promptly and usually with an added beverage at his cost. He and his French chef are always listening to ideas from their customers, so the menu changes and there are often dishes that are not on the menu. So ask!!
The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, the only downside smoking is allowed.
My only suggestion is that the wine selection for expats should be better.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Peter D, Manager at Le Loft, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you for posting a so nice and encouraging review. Please be sure that we will work on our wine list, and that all the team of Le Loft will make it's best to keep the place as you enjoy it.

Regards,