“Unbelievable customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.314 Jiefang South Road, Hexi District, Tianjin 300202, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 990 Hotels in Tianjin
Beijing, China
“Unbelievable customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is second review I am writing for this hotel. I had the first one deleted because it didn't do justice to the AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE that we had experienced when my family and I stayed there. Sure, the grounds were impeccably designed and well-maintained. Our room had a gorgeous maritime theme combining blonde wood panels and ocean hues. The very tall windows framed the gorgeous blue skies we enjoyed while we were there. And we had one of those high-tech toilets that warm, wash and dry you with the press of a button. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and best enjoyed al fresco on the balcony. The compound was at the corner of an intersection but it was surprisingly quiet. And the location is just a quick cab ride away from tons of interesting destinations.

But like I said, the main strength of this young establishment are the PEOPLE who run it. Never in China have I seen a more genuinely courteous, attentive, receptive and caring staff. When I needed someone to help me access wiFi in our room a front desk staff member came right over to see if I was pressing the right keys on my iPad. When I needed cold medicine for my daughter front desk right away put me in a cab with directions to get to the nearest western clinic.

Most importantly, in the days following our family vacation in Tianjin both manager and reception employees rallied their ENTIRE TEAM- from front desk to housekeeping to security- to find a bag that I thought I had left inside the safe in our room. I had suggested that whoever cleaned our room must have taken it, leaving behind a set of keys. That notion was enough to set off alarm bells across all departments and they kept in touch with me for several days to reassure me that they were doing everything possible to help. After about just a day they had my keys delivered to me in Beijing. Then they asked me for a list of items I had lost, and replaced them through Taobao, every single item! Of course, I promised to send the items right back. As it turned out my bag was not lost or stolen after all. On the same day a courier replaced my lost things I found my bag under the seat of our car!

Throughout this whole ordeal, every single person from the hotel who contacted me maintained a tone of utmost concern and respect in their voice (over the phone and in emails). And they probably knew deep in their heart that no one from their staff would've taken anything from our room. This is what really wowed me about Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe. It operates within a culture of GENUINE HUMAN KINDNESS. That's hard to come by in most hotels. Even in the most expensive ones.

To the staff and management of Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, my sincerest apologies. And THANK YOU so very much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Kathy, Thank you for taking the time to write the second review about your stay experience at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe. We are very proud of our staff to solve this problem in such a good way. We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest expectations. Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a warm welcome on arrival and we stayed at room 323 ( twin beds room with a large toilet including a bathtub). It has a maritime theme. Room is quiet, lovely and bed is very comfortable. One can also access the breakfast area by the underground passage way. Breakfast room has a nice decor and the breakfast is sufficent although the variety is not alot. From hotel, one can take a cab to Galaxy park and shopping mall where there is Piazza Bianca which sells very delicious white pizza. it is lovely to walk at Galaxy Park. We loved our stay at almost new Hotel Indigo.

Room Tip: Rooms in willaim st 3 is quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Kim025Singapore,
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us here at the Indigo. We are delighted to know that our maritime theme room made your stay experience more memorable.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Tianjin soon and suggest you experience European Luxury theme or Da Hua Cinema theme room.
Thank you!
Qingdao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have visited Indigo Shanghai and Indigo Hongkong, but this hotel is totally different. Nice location with beautiful architecture and design, each building has different style. Nice room with bigger space and high ceiling, Japanese style toliet, some rooms even has balcony with great view especially during night time when lights is on. Staff are friendly and helpful. It will be my 1st choice when visit Tianjin in future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Eddy L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

As I often travel to Beijing for a weekend, I wanted to try this new hotel.

As it is new it is not easy to find by taxi driver, better prepare a printed map. It is a bit further away from main attractions and the city center. The neighbourhood is nothing special and not worth walking around.

The hotel itself consist of 9 buildings in old style which makes a nice atmosphere. As it is only opened since 6 months everything is clean and working. The service was very good and friendly. It also has a pool which is worthwhile relaxing at. We did not try the bar but it looked nice and had live music with two guitar players.

The room had the movie style and as it was deluxe it was nice and big. But now the downside which spoiled the entire stay. The room was towards the main road. We came back late at night to experience that there were heavy trucks driving all night in front of our room. It took us a longtime to get asleep. We heard the heavy trucks drive currently all night as there is a construction site nearby. As we checked out we got the usual, next time we will give You a different room.... But my expectation to Indigo is different, get it right the first time! If You know that every night night there will be heavy trucks driving currently, just do not sell the room. No customer will be nhappy if there is no rom available but customer will certainly be unhappy if they do not have a good rest.

Room Tip: Take a room to the courtyard
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Xiao P, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding
your recent stay with us at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe.
Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. Your comments about the heavy trucks driving all night in front of your room has been documented and will certainly be looked into, ensuring that we provide all our guests with an excellent experience.
We hope this would not deter you from choosing hotel indigo tianjin haihe again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!
Shanghai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights early June, a nice hotel but make no mistake is not the Indigo Shanghai!

The hotel is unique separated Villas but all connected from the basement/underground floor. design of public areas and rooms is nice very chic modern w. Chinese elements incorporated, both guest rooms and public areas (not enough desk light , however difficult using it for work) room amenities are very good and of high standard , shower, body lotion etc. so far so good.

It's different if it comes to the soft ware, service in the restaurants is very , very slow, English level is below hospitality standard of China which is already low, now you imagine !, they try hard and want to be helpful it's just the training is missing. Breakfast buffet , is not worth the money , likely it was included in our room package, its very poor even for Chinese standards , the sausage served to my wife were not even cooked. So lots of work needed to bring the f&b quality up to standard , also variety of breakfast items is very limited. They have a so called German Pub , which is nice 2 floors & outside terrace, nice concept rather quiet not may guest, guess this place it's to early for Tianjin, could have better music!

I didn't use the spa but did use the gym, which is very poorly equipped 3 cardiovascular machines , a few medicine balls , and free weights for kids (up to 4 kg) use only, no other machines at all ?? for a new lifestyle hotel it's do bad to be true.

Would I use the hotel again , no not really , main reason not to chose this hotel would be the failure to deliver a good gym. I can forgive the service /poor English level & rather poor f&b normally never eat at hotels where I stay .

Tianjin is after all not Shanghai which is still the bench mark in China !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ShanghaiCityman,
Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe.
Feedback like yours is very valuable to us and enables us to monitor our standards, which on this occasion regretfully has failed to meet your expectations. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments about the service standard, breakfast buffet and hotel facilities has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. by the way we are

We would like to respond to you personally, could you please send us your email address and telephone details to indigo.tianjin@ihg.com? We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.Thank you!
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you dont have the budget for the renaissance lakeview hotel stay here as it is really the 2nd best option in Tianjin I found so far. All new, rooms are beautiful huge and have a great design. Japanese Toilet style with heated seats good fun. All more family like hotel very cosy and super modern style. loved it too

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear bumsii,
Thank you for selecting to stay with Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe and many thanks for your valuable review. We are glad to hear that you like our spacious guest room and fresh design. Our guestrooms started at a generous 45 sqm and are designed in three distinctive styles: Old Cinema, Maritime Riverfront and European Flair. Some of the rooms feature balconies or bay windows overlooking the private courtyard gardens. We are expecting your next visit in the near future to explore more about indigo! Be Well and Good Luck!
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This property is amazing and one of the best hotel i ever stayed. With the unique architecture and design, this hotel charms everyone of us. The service and facilities were great, bed was super comfy, clean and the room size is huge, bathroom is excellent. My friends and i had tea time in the Albert's and it was nice, relaxing and the food was delicious. At night we got the bar for our self with the acoustic performance. After my stays the sales manager texted me and thank us for the visits. This hotel sets some unbeatable standard andI could not say much more but recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Choose the one facing the plaza. There are some rooms with the bath tube.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Daniel Vince G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service and facilities made your stay experience morememorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality and inspired services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.

Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future.

Thank you!

Been to Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe? Share your experiences!