“Too Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe

You added Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.314 Jiefang South Road, Hexi District, Tianjin 300202, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 988 Hotels in Tianjin
Bali, Indonesia
“Too Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This property is amazing and one of the best hotel i ever stayed. With the unique architecture and design, this hotel charms everyone of us. The service and facilities were great, bed was super comfy, clean and the room size is huge, bathroom is excellent. My friends and i had tea time in the Albert's and it was nice, relaxing and the food was delicious. At night we got the bar for our self with the acoustic performance. After my stays the sales manager texted me and thank us for the visits. This hotel sets some unbeatable standard andI could not say much more but recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Choose the one facing the plaza. There are some rooms with the bath tube.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Daniel Vince G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service and facilities made your stay experience morememorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality and inspired services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.

Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I come to Tianjin frequently and i had the chance to stay at the Hotel Indigo. I have heard of the new Intercontinental Group hotel brand and the fact it is based on a boutique style. Well this property is the top of boutique..!!! The building is an old German establishment from the previous occupation on Tianjin and completely renovaded and build up to a luxury hotel property.

From the Lobby to the inner courtyard and the rooms or restaurant/bar. It breaths character and style that is so unique it is hard to describe even. It has to be seen in person and you will catch yourself noticing new details and elements each time you walk through.

The service staff was very helpful and guide you to thr room so you dont get lost. Each building as the hotel exists out of several building, has it's own unique design. The restaurant / bar is very German and has much character as well. Too bad there are no guests inside as that would make the place come to life.

Location is not too bad but not great either. Luckily door staff is helpful on the service of getting taxies and a great detail i never seen before was the fact that during the sand storm during my trip, the staff gave face masks to all the guests as consideration of their well being. Very nice detail I must say...

Overal an unique stay and truly a stay to remember... Please try this hotel when you visit town and avoid places as know as Westin, St. Regis or Renaissance but give this hotel your choice as it truly will not dissapoint...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Dutchtraveller007,

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and you thought hotel indigo tianjin haihe is one of the most unique stays you have had. Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest expectations. Thank you! We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Although I was staying at another property during my risent visit in Tianjin, during my last day waiting on the flight I schooped around and visited Hotel Indigo Tianjin for an quick bite.
Upon my arrival the hotel looked a bit empty but when I reached the 2nd floor at Albert's I was imidiatly supprised.
The staff welcomed me and greeted me as an old friend, relexed almost as I came home ambinace really differentiate the style of service in this hotel.
The food was great but most of all I was suppriced about their coffee service. I am working in coffee whole trade industry for many years and I never had an expririance anything like this. The staff explained me what they call a neighbourhood story about the coffee origen and where the beans come from and where their are roasted, about their impressive coffee machine and the tehnique she used to prepere my perfectly balanced dubble espresso.
Next time I have to visit Tianjin, I will stay at the property and hope to experiance as good service with overall hotel stay as they do with their Alberts cafe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Michel T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our coffee service and our staff's patience to explain neighbourhood story. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you!
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a charmingly designed, architecturally interesting and quirky hotel, which has many things going for it, as well as the undoubted excellence of its leisure facilities, one of the best pools I have ever seen and a state of the art gym. The meeting and conference facilities are also top hole and complimentary Wi-Fi is provided all over the hotel.

The room which I was allotted was undoubtedly one of the largest I have ever seen in a modern hotel; it had a living area, a large bedroom, a walk in wardrobe/dressing room and an excellent and stylishly equipped bathroom. This establishment is obviously aimed at the ‘boutique’ market and is part of IHG’s effort to break into this highly profitable sector.

There is no doubt that a lot of thought and design effort has gone into this hotel and it has almost got it right; just a few teething troubles to be ironed out. As usual however, it is the management of staff and their training, which lets it down. Is it something to do with being in China? Surely, it is not too much to ask that a decent cup of tea should be served at breakfast, or that food should arrive at table hot, not freezing cold, as were my poached eggs.

Well done IHG for giving us something out of the ordinary in China. The Indigo brand is a new and viable alternative to the bog standard, characterless, universal hotel room, the same boring formula, no matter where one happens to be in the world. Please IHG, now make the quantum leap, to providing excellent managers and competent staff, who know how to serve guests from the four corners of the world and not just the various regions of China.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Philip B,
Neighbourhood Greetings from Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe.
Thank you for reviewing Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe on Tripadvisor. Your positive review certainly goes a long way in helping to promote our hotel to guests, both in China and around the world. Once again, thank you for selecting Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe. We look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Very best wishes!

Been to Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe? Share your experiences!