“Somerset International, Tianjin, China” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Somerset Youyi Tianjin

You added Somerset Youyi Tianjin to your Saves list
Somerset Youyi Tianjin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Building B, No.35 Youyi Road, Hexi District, Tianjin 300201, China   |
Special Offer
Enjoy Up To 40% Off
Ranked #5 of 996 Hotels in Tianjin
Australia
“Somerset International, Tianjin, China”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Somerset International, No. 75 Nanjing Rd, Heping District in Tianjin, in a one bedroom apartment for a week. Maria Zhang and the girls on reception were absolutely amazing. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they would give me directions, write it in Chinese to show the taxi driver and always with a smile. The two ladies in the breakfast room (who didn't speak a word of English) would greet me like a long lost friend at breakfast and make sure there was watermelon there for me - always with huge smiles. Lisa who cleaned the room every day was lovely and, again, nothing was too much trouble. I even got to know the mail man in the basement! When I left the girls at reception bought me a present and all came out to wave goodbye. It was a great place to stay and I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I don't know which rooms were best, but I stayed on the 28th floor. Great view. The beds are q...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SomersetTJ, Manager at Somerset Youyi Tianjin, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Debra,
Thank you for your kind words and we are happy to have you staying with us too. However, we wish to inform that you have posted this review on the page of our sister property, Somerset Youyi Tianjin instead of Somerset International Building. Lastly, you take care and see you soon.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The entrance of the drive way is not easy to spot which some taxi drivers find hard to get there. Other than that it was a pleasant stay. There is a local market nearby where you can get fresh seafood and fruits/veggies if you intend to cook your own meal.

• Stayed June 2013
SomersetTJ, Manager at Somerset Youyi Tianjin, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
It was a great pleasure having you stay at Somerset Youyi Tianjin. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay experience through tripadvisor.

As per your feedback of "hard to find our property", we have installed a signage "Somerset Youyi serviced apartments" with white ground and blue words at the entrance to our residence in Pingjiang road, hope that will makes it easier to find the entrance next time.

We will continue in our improvement efforts to provide excellent service and products to our residents.

Once again, thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices. We look forward to welcoming you again at any of our serviced residences.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

A great apartment. Clean, well appointed, everything you could possibly need -fully equipped kitchen, laundry, lounge everything.
Staff helpful, restaurant inexpensive -mix of Chinese and western foods. right across the road from the cultural centre and Science museums.
a delightful stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels during my career and this is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review of one.
We visited Tianjin in May 2013 and selected the Somerset Youyi hotel for it price and the fact that we had 8 people in our group and wanted to keep the group together as much as possible.
We booked the 3-bedroom Executive Apartments and it seems like we were upgraded to the 3-bedroom premiere. Either way the room was great. The rooms and bedding were clean and everyone commented on how comfortable (semi firm/firm) the beds were, we were very comfortable.

Their online photos are very accurate.

Way better value than the Hilton in Anaheim, Los Angeles.

The rooms had great washing machines, tumble dryers, irons and hair dryers in fact everything they said they would.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We only saw the two rooms we booked so we cannot make any suggestion.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SomersetTJ, Manager at Somerset Youyi Tianjin, responded to this review, June 6, 2013

We were delighted to learn that you and your team enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This being my first visit to China, let alone Tianjin, I had no idea what to expect upon checking in at the Somerset Youyi Hotel. I was relieved to find that most previous reviews had been spot on and accommodation was spacious, clean and better equipped than many a 'Western' 4* I have had the pleasure to stay at.

First the negatives; Having requested a non-smoking room (and re-confirmed this prior to arrival), my room had definitely accommodated smokers before me. An ashtray was found in a kitchen cupboard and there was a cigarette burn in the bath. However, the smell wasn't overbearing enough to request a different room; my assumption was that the non-smoking concept perhaps doesn't exist in China. The location I chose because of proximity to the Meijiang Convention Centre, which was a 10-minute drive away, but there is nothing else of interest in walking distance that I could find.

The room(s) were enormous and the total space was almost larger than my own home. It was also spotless, while touches such as several bottles of complimentary drinking water and ample power sockets, which facilitate local or two- and three-pin plugs, are often absent from 'better' hotels. I understood that wired internet access was also included, though I was online via wifi without any trouble, which proved fast and reliable (no Twitter or Facebook in China, of course) . For business travelers, the connection also allowed access to my company's VPN, which many wifi spots don't, and was a boon. The mini-mart on the 5th floor could be better stocked -- I would suggest with some vacuum-sealed pouches of microwaveable western rice/pasta/casserole meals -- but having been warned about local cuisine in advance, I brought out my own. It is, however, well stocked with chilled drinks, snacks, etc. Another plus was the multitude of English-language cable channels, including a number of movie and sports channels, in addition to the usual news outlets. It was a notably better selection than many of the business hotel chains offer.

In summary, as a business traveller who normally eschews room service and the minibar, the Somerset Youyi suited me perfectly and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: As a stranger to Tianjin, I asked the hotel to organised a car to collect me from the airport, which...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SomersetTJ, Manager at Somerset Youyi Tianjin, responded to this review, April 19, 2013

I have noted your observations and recommendations for improvements to the non-smoking room assignment and more varieties of western food products in the minimart, like microwaveable food etc. Please be assured that I will coordinate the plans for these enhancements with the respective team members. We seek your patience and understanding as the recommendations may require time to be implemented.

Sydney Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Well appointed apartments . Clean , spacious and most things are in English. Breakfast is provided for free in the dining room. Mini mart on site and good gym . Excellent heated lap pool. Staff very friendly and efficient. Cable TV has Australian TV for sports nuts and US movie channels. Small kitchen and washing machine in room ideal for the business or family travellers. Close to larger supermarkets and department stores. Taxi is cheap to any of these places.

Maggie and Eric from Guest Relations will be a great help pre visit if you email Somerset to decide on what type of apartment you need.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
SomersetTJ, General Manager at Somerset Youyi Tianjin, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service. Once again, thank you for your valued patronage. From all of us at Somerset Youyi Tianjin, we look
forward to welcoming you again in near future.
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I had very pleasant experience with Somerset Youyi Tianjin. The staff are very friendly and offered a lot of help during my stay.The facilities are well equipped, and the bed is very comfortable! Since I'm on business trip, it's absolutely a good place for relaxing after work. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
SomersetTJ, Assistant Sales Manager at Somerset Youyi Tianjin, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Somerset Youyi Tianjin? Share your experiences!