and 1 more site!
You added Alaska Fishing Lodge / Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge to your Saves list
Alaska Fishing Lodge / Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   399 Lover's Lane, Soldotna, AK 99669   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Soldotna B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
va
“Soldotna B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

June 7-13 2008
My son and myself just experince one of the most remarkable trips we have ever experienced . This was an all enclusive they took care of everything.The B&B was excellent . All of our host very personable and freindly.All of our trips where setup by the B&B and the guides were all very good and the fishing was awesome. p.s.. our favorite trip was the trout float.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Collierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2007

Enjoyed our short stay at the this B & B right on the Kenai River. Nice and clean with a wonderful home cooked breakfast in the dining room. Wasn't there for fishing, but the host said breakfast could be ready at 5 am if you like.

Stayed September 2006
MT HOLLY, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2006

Monica and Steve are wonderful hosts and did anything to make our stay enjoyable. The room and shared bath are spotless, the food (breakfast) is always something 'special', and the assistance with our daily planning for fishing, shopping , dining, etc. was very helpful and appreciated. I wish I was a "professional" reviewer so I can say more. I'll leave it with "Soldotna B&B is tops, a real winner" . No wonder we stayed there 3 times on vacation in the past !!

• Liked — It is clean, comfortable, and in a great location
  • Disliked — Lack of internet axcess
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask the hosts about anything and they will help.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

I had some free time in Alaska so I tried to book a place in Soldotna during peak tourist season. The Soldotana B&B was the only place I could find with any availability - now I know why. Overall, my stay was not enjoyable. It was way overpriced, compared to other places in the area. In addition, they want to nickel and dime you to death for everything - 5% charge to pay by credit card, $2 for a bag of ice for your catch when they have an ice machine on the property, etc. Two of the three guides I used through them were poor, unprofessional fishing guides - answering their cell phones during my trip as I am reeling in a fish, leaving early because of rain, etc. In addition, the "full breakfast" is not true because they send you out fishing at 4AM before breakfast is even ready!! Rooms were very small and well worn. They always had a vacancy sign out, now I know why. Overall, way over priced and not a good experience. Strongly recommend that you go elsewhere.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away from Soldotna B&B
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SoldotnaBBLodgeOwner, Owner at Alaska Fishing Lodge / Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
Soldotna B&B Lodge and Alaska Fishing Charters is very sincere about our motto: “Fine Lodging and Quality Guiding”. At check-in, we routinely ask our guests to provide any and all feedback about our guides and services. Any feedback about our guides is always welcome and always taken into consideration. As reflected by most of the Trip Advisor reviews, the large majority of our guests rave about our guides. We are very selective and primarily employ full-time, professional guides. However, we have learned that sometimes rarely personalities between clients and guides do not match.

We strive to always provide excellent service but unfortunately sometimes we do not succeed. From those experiences, we can only learn. Most of the positive reviews will reflect the fact that we strive to provide excellent service and that normally, we do succeed. We are continually trying to improve our level of service. We invite any potential guest to contact us and then compare our amenities, services, and prices with any other river property in our area.

We serve full breakfast as early as 4:45 am until 9:00 am. The overwhelming majority of our guests are provided the opportunity to enjoy full breakfast served in our sunroom which directly overlooks the Kenai river. This guest chose (voluntarily and at his discretion) charters that required an hour drive every morning. Unfortunately, he had to leave each morning at about 4:30am. This guest did receive a deluxe continental breakfast.

We are members of the Soldotna Chamber of Commerce and the Kenai Chamber of Commerce as well as the Kenai Peninsula B&B Association and the State of Alaska B&B Association. In fact, I am also a former Vice President Of The Board of the Kenai Peninsula Tourism Marketing Council. Soldotna B&B Lodge is still an active member of all of these associations.

Soldotna B&B Lodge is listed by “Alaska Best Places”, “Alaska Travel Smart”, and “Lonely Planet” travel guides. We invite any potential guest to compare our amenities, services and prices with any other river property in our area.
South Bend, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2005

We loved our stay at the Wandering Moose this past summer. Charming, sparkling clean cabins, wonderful hosts and super spot for river fishing. You can wade in and catch your fill of reds in a beautiful, quiet spot right on the Kenai. Audrey will arrange your activities and even teach you how to fish (if you don't already know how). We are going back!

• Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2005

I recently completed a fantastic trip to Alaska and wanted to share my experience for future potential visitors to the Kenai Peninsula and specifically those considering staying at the Soldotna B&B.

I am an internet user and when traveling I like to use the internet for research and booking accommodations etc. I have successfully booked trips to many parts of the US and Europe so naturally when I decided to give my dad a Alaska fishing trip for Christmas I went to the internet to research best areas and eventually book my trip.

During my research I ran across a very unflattering review of the Soldotna B&B which led me to request more information from the owners as well as reach out to the Soldotna Chamber of Commerce prior to booking my travel. I received very good reviews from the chamber as well as additional references that Monica and Steve provided. I decided to stay at the B&B and was not disappointed. The location was wonderful, the Inn backs up to the Kenai River –You can literally fish from their back yard. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, very clean and Steve and Monica and their staff were very helpful, knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. We had a great time fishing and the guides and charters that they arranged were very professional and knowledgeable as well. I noted that a number of guests I met at the B&B were returning visitors which reinforced my positive opinion of this Bed and Breakfast.

If I decide to go back to Alaska, and my trip included the Kenai Peninsula, I would make sure that I stayed at the Soldotna B&B. It is a shame that a few visitors have had a disappointing experience, however I found the Inn very clean, comfortable and the staff and owners very professional and made sure that this trip to Alaska was very special.

• Stayed August 2005
Green Cove Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2005

If you are interested in a Bed & Breakfast that caters to the customers, try Soldotna Lodge B & B. All of the help worked as a team giving Monika and Steve (owners) the support they needed to make your stay wonderful.
Never did we hear a disgruntled employee or guest.
Of the B & B’s all over the U.S. including the four in Alaska, this one is the best. The breakfast was a variety and very good at the time you wanted/needed it. The local guided fishing trips picked you up at their dock and the fish cleaning, vacuum packing, and freezing came with the trip. If you want sock-eye salmon just walk to your private fishing area for guests only. Fish and let the staff take care of your catch. I have never seen fishing like this before. You will catch Salmon if you get a line in the water. Aside from getting your limit of Salmon most any day, there are lots of places to explore close by.
Soldotna has a wealth of very good restaurants to suit many different tastes and budgets.
Larry and Carol
Houston, Texas.

Been to Alaska Fishing Lodge / Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge? Share your experiences!