“Where was Bob?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bob's Cabin & Guide Service

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Bob's Cabin & Guide Service
You added Bob's Cabin & Guide Service to your Saves list
43560 Oehler Road, Soldotna, AK 99611   |
“Where was Bob?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

While the cabin was adequate, the customer service was terrible. Bob never showed up to help our party of 8 with problems we were having, but instead left us harassing phone messages. Never again Bob!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
fishguide, Owner at Bob's Cabin & Guide Service, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
We all have met people like this once in our life. They have a sense of "Entitlement" about them. The organizer booked and reserved two (2) luxury riverfront cabins during prime season. He assured me they would have a minimum number of persons to fill 2 cabins. He also informed me that he was entitled to get his fishing/lodging rate at half price since he was the organizer of this group. As it turned out, they did not have enough people to occupy 2 cabins and one cabin sat empty during our short prime season. Some of the group cancelled and were able to find someone to fill their reservations. Some did not fill their reservations.

During the check-in process, some people still owed money for their reservations. My staff was told to contact an individual who was travelling in the Lower 48 and he would "take care" of the outstanding balance. My staff turned into a collection agency and after 2 days, the balance was still unpaid.

This did not phase the organizer as he felt they were "entitled" to just continue with their fishing charters. We finally had to threaten to discontinue all the charters until the full balance was paid. They then immediately paid the balance.

When they checked out, they left one of the fishing reels totally destroyed and all of the terminal tackle had been removed from the fishing poles that had been given to them with terminal tackle to use at the cabin during the week. They did not inform us about the reel they destroyed or the terminal tackle.

They were extremely rude to my staff and I was forced to leave messages requesting that they pay the balance owed.

I was not aware of ANY adverse issues at the cabin or with their fishing charters. They stayed at our largest luxury riverfront cabin and never once raised any concerns that I was aware of. The issues were with them not abiding to a few simple rules that everybody else accepts as normal and customary.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Bob, Cathy and David treated our group to a great fishing vacation with excellent services and facilities. Their experience and professionalism was evident from arrival to departure. They went out of their way to accommodate all our needs, including revising our plans when the weather was not cooperative. I don't think we could have made a better choice of guide services!

Elbert Massad

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Jumping Branch, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

My dad and I had a great time at Bob's, the cabins were very clean and comfortable. The fishing was amazing and the guides were top notch, they all worked hard to make sure we were on the fish. Bob and his crew are very organized and kept things running smooth with no problems. Would recommend them to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

AMAZING! PERFECT VACATION!! My father and I have talked about taking a dream fishing trip to Alaska and we finally did last week! We found Bob's Cabin online & read all the reviews on TripAdvisor and book it! And even with all the rave reviews, our expectations were STILL exceeded! The facility is BEAUTIFUL! The customer service is WORLD CLASS and they made you feel like you were a part of the family. The guide services that were arranged for us were all extremely knowledgeable and well skilled. They put us right on top of the fish everyday. We limited out most days, and the days we didn't was due to our lack of hooking them in the mouth! It was AMAZING! No matter when we were leaving, breakfast was ready for us. The lunches provided and snack bags were the envy of everyone else on the boat. We even had snacks to spare (we had them in our room for later). The staff is well organized and flexible to our changing schedules. They made it happen with a smile. Captain, Tannelle and Matey were great to come home to after a long day of fishing. I would love to make Bob's Cabin my second home every Summer now! It is pretty remote and that is what I loved about it! Highly recommend does not do it justice... you HAVE TO STAY HERE! LOVE THEM!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Main Lodge but there are other cabin's around. They are all beautiful!
Lockport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

What can we say but, WOW!!! Bob really does make dreams come true! My husband and I decided to make our honeymoon in Alaska and we could not of picked a better place to stay. The fishing was great and all our guides were top notch. One of my bucket list dreams was to see Katmai National Park, which Bob made happen on a short notice. Our fly out trip to Crescent Lake was breath taking and the fishing with our guide Sky was nothing short of spectacular! Kathy (Bob's assistant) was incredible! She was always there to help out with any questions you needed answered and lets not forget the incredible lunches she put together daily for all the fishermen and fly out trips. She juggled many tasks and always did it with a smile. Dave who took care of the fish processing did a magnificent job and he was always right there for you when you came in with your days catch. Lets not forget about Bob's three precious dogs (one black lab and two chocolate labs). They became like my own pets and were part of the family. If you are looking for a trip of a lifetime and somewhere to go that will make an impression on your life forever, well Bob's Cabin and Guide Service is your answer!

Wally and Jane Brown (July 2014)
Lockport, NY

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Trout Creek, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This was a special trip for my oldest son and I. WE researched all of our options and chose Bobs Cabins and Guide service as our best choice. We could not have been more right! Bob, Kathy ,Dave, and the whole crew are fantastic hosts and friends. Thank You for an experience I shall never forget!! Sam

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room at the main lodge and fantastic service!
Aztec, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This was our second time staying with Bob and his staff and I promise it will not be the last. Bob and his staff worked hard to make sure we had the trip of a lifetime. The accommodations are fabulous. We stayed in the riverfront cabin and it was clean and comfortable and best of all, we were able to catch some amazing Reds right from our dock.

They did an amazing job processing and shipping our fish. We now have a freezer full of fish and a photo album full of memories.

Thank you Bob, Kathy, David and crew. We had a wonderful time. Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bob's Cabin & Guide Service? Share your experiences!