“Good Asian Buffet” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian
Soldotna, Alaska
“Good Asian Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I go occasionally on Sundays, and the buffet is very nice, with a pretty wide selection. (Not sure if it differs on weekdays.) The ambience is good. There is a sushi/bar area that I have not checked out. A great place to go for a Chinese/Japanese variety fix.

Visited September 2012

Kenai, Alaska
“Always a sure bet...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I like the buffet they have at dinner. Many varieties of dishes, and they seem to keep it fresh and hot by not over cooking too much and letting it sit. They have these little puffs filled with cream cheese I can't get enough of. Plus.... the soups. YUM!
A little pricey for Chinese food but I figure it's wortht he cost for satisfaction everytime!
They have a great Sushi bar that seems to always be busy, but I have yet to go there, so can't make a recommendation on it. But if it is anything like the buffet foods, I am sure the sushi would be too!

Visited October 2012
Lyme, New Hampshire
“#2 in Soldatna?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I must have been there on an off night. I got there at 8:00pm and the buffet should have been well stocked. However there were quite a few empty pans or hot foods that the meat had been picked out of. There were no crab rangoons and when asked, I said there were a lot of empty pans. They brought out two crab rangoons. There was only egg drop soup, no wonton soup , no dumplings. The salad bar had rusty chopped iceburg, minimal vegetables.
nd finally, no sweets, only soft serve ice cream.
Finally, no fortune cookie. I would never go back there.
(I didnt try the sushi bar, and maybe I would have been more satisfied!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Soldotna B&B Lodge
“Great sushi, decent Korean/chinese buffet, Nice owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great sushi, nice Japanese decorated sushi room makes you feel very comfortable and relaxed to eat sushi.

decent Korean/Chinese buffet

Visited August 2012
Soldotna, Alaska
“One of the best restuarants on the Kenai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

There is Chinese take out, there's "throw the bag in the pan, heat, serve" and then there's Niko. Since I'm not a tourist, I like to be able to say that I would eat there again and again. And I DO with Niko. Every time we have been in here, the staff has been prompt, courteous and professional. To say nothing of the food, which, to me, is exceptional. Tourist season is always going to garner some cars in the parking lot. When you see a LOT of cars in mid-January, you know they're doing something right. And they do. The decor is beautiful and the food isn't just plunked on a plate. It's presented nicely, arranged well, and cooked to perfection. And it keeps people coming back again and again.

• Visited August 2012