“Just returned from my second stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tim Berg's Alaskan Fishing Adventures Accommodation

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Tim Berg's Alaskan Fishing Adventures Accommodation
You added Tim Berg's Alaskan Fishing Adventures Accommodation to your Saves list
On The Kenai Peninsula, Directly on the Kenai River, Soldotna, AK 99669   |
Offers & Announcements
June Special - Save $500
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Just returned from my second stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

And I'm so happy that I was able to stay at the Trophy Lodge again. Last year my dad, his friend, and I made the trip. This year, we brought 5 extra people! It is a MUCH better experience than staying at a normal hotel - the staff is here is incredibly helpful and will do anything to make sure your stay is perfect. The lodge has a great atmosphere and includes an open bar (yay!), a pool table, a common dining room, a large screen TV with cable, and a very large back deck that has steps that go straight down to the river where there is an area set up to fish - just a minute walk away from where the lodge is. Great when you want to get some extra fishing in. The way the common room is set up and the group dinners make conversing with the other guests really easy. I got to know some pretty cool people, everyone is nice. The individual rooms are nice too, so if you need an evening to yourself you will be comfortable. One of my favorite parts of the Trophy Lodge was Mark's cooking - he is a great chef and makes amazing dinners every night. You can't miss Wednesday's king crab night! I even told him my favorite desert and he cooked it one night for everyone in the lodge. They really will do everything to make sure you are happy.

Even though it is a busy trip packed with fishing outings, the way it is organized doesn't make you feel overwhelmed because the staff at Tim Berg's take care and make sure everything goes smoothly for you. They work with extremely experienced guides, and it shows. Every day we went out we had a great person taking us out fishing. One of our guides was even on his 29th summer. We ended up bringing back 30 pounds of fish fillets each, and that was with 4 days of fishing.

I really haven't ever experienced such nice staff and I can't say enough about them. I hope I can go again next year.

Room Tip: There are several lodges to stay at, and I've been at the Trophy Lodge both years so I don't...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Napa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I just concluded my Alaska Fishing vacation. I fished the waters of Cook Inlet out of Homer where Halibut, rock fish, and True Cod were landed by everyone. Capt Perry did his best to find the fish even though the seas and wind were not perfect for fishing. The vessel, crew and gear were top notch. The Seward trip was the highlight of my trip. I was invited to join Mark Davis and the Penn's Big Water Adventure team for non stop Halibut action. I am leading the Seward Halibut Derby as I write this review with a 145.2 # slab. Captain Chris Boyd and the crew of the Tia Rose were spectacular. Many fish in the 60-150 lb range including one well over 200# were boated. Also, I witnessed Raleigh Werking set a new line class world record yellow eye rock fish. Raleigh landed a 20 + pounder on 16 lb test. I also fished Seward on the Grand Slam with Capt. Jacob Effrink. Fishing was great, no big fish were boated but I must say we gave it a good effort. Everyone limited out on halibut and rock fish. Tim Bergs lodge was clean, well staffed, friendly, and the meals were outstanding. I highly recommend Tim Berg's Alaska Fishing Adventures.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had the best trip ever this summer! I am so excited my family and I decided to go to Alaska! I did lots of research before our trip so we could pick the perfect place to stay and fish. I am so glad we decided to go with Tim Berg's Alaskan Fishing Adventures :) It was indeed the best trip we have ever had!

At first I was skeptical of bringing my 4 year old son to Alaska, but now I am so grateful that I did! He had the biggest smile on his face when he caught his first fish right off of the dock at Tim's Trophy. Tim Berg's son, Tim Berg Jr, was kind enough to fish off the dock with my son and help him catch some great fish! Ever since our trip, all my son has talked about is fishing! He keeps on asking me when we can go back :) I am so happy I was able to provide my son with such great memories by making the educated decision to take him to Alaska so he could really experience the best fishing around at such an early age.

The lodge staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way to always go the extra mile. The rooms were super clean and the food was absolutely delicious! There was a pool table and great appetizers before dinner. The wine was absolutely incredible!

I could not imagine a better place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rockport, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My most recent trip to Alaska was this past August. I headed to my favorite fishing grounds, which is the Kenai Peninsula, and Soldotna in particular. This was my 15th trip in the past 20 years to this incredible destination. I spent the entire 2nd week of August at Tim's Trophy Lodge, which is located right on the Kenai River.

I traveled with my three fishing buddies from Boise, Idaho ( these guys had never been here before so it was extra special to see how excited they each were with every hook-up). We were focusing on getting a variety of fish, especially sockeye salmon and silver salmon, plus everyone in our party really wanted to take home lots of delicious halibut fillets.

Back in 2002 when I was at the Tim's Trophy Lodge I landed a #89 lb. 4 ounce King Salmon, which is still in the IGFA Record book as the 9th largest King salmon Ever Caught. I also over the years have landed three big halibut over #300 lbs fishing with Tim Berg and his crew.

This latest trip was just as memorable as all the other trips I have been on to Tim's Trophy Lodge. The food was over the top, the staff was curtious, polite and helpful. The rooms are perfect and being able to fish right from the dock each evening right at the lodge is always a huge hit. We are all returning again in August of 2014 - but we are bringing our wives this time around!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Tim Berg's Alaskan Fishing is not just amazing when it comes to their fishing and accommodations, their service is second to none. The beautiful Seascape/Seabreeze Lodges are located right on the inlet with a jaw dropping view which is why we decided to have our wedding there. Carol Berg was our wedding planner and she made our special day a dream come true! So many people told us that our wedding seemed straight out of a movie. From the big beautiful tents set along the bluff to the on site chefs that made an exceptional meal for the 200 people in attendance it truly was spectacular. It was an evening wedding that ended with fireworks and sky lanterns on the beach. The details, time, and effort that went into this was effortless on their part. They made sure everything was perfect. The food was amazing, baked salmon and smoked prime rib. The cake was from a local baker, The Cake Lady in Sterling, and the flowers were beautiful and fresh. There were so many things little things that made it big. Of course the accommodations are like no lodge I've ever seen; they are beyond beautiful. The fishing options are unlimited, from Kenai to Kasilof River to salt water fishing, we had it all. They have a great DJ they use and an amazing photographer. I cannot say enough about our experience. The Berg's know service. Our wedding was so awesome that it's going to feature in the Alaska Bride Magazine. This trip is a must; one to check off the bucket list :) Thank you again Tim and Carol!!

• Stayed August 2013
boise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My family and I wanted to experience some outdoor fun and fish in Alaska. After reading reviews on many of the options, we were drawn to the experience Tim Berg was offering. We stayed at the Seascape Lodge, the pictures and reviews didn't do it justice! The place was beautiful, warm and welcoming. When the men went to fish, we had great days on the beach and exploring the surrounding areas.... I got out on the boat as well!! One of the coolest things is when you fish with them, they process your fish (clean it, cut it, flash freeze and vacuum seal it) at Tim Bergs actual processing plant, Peninsula Processing, and will fedex overnight it to you when you get home!!!!!!!
The beds were comfy with great linens, the food was phenomenal, and the hosts were absolutely wonderful.
We had the opportunity to check out one of his other lodges, Trophy Lodge, and that was really great too... more casual, but that depends on what you are looking for.
We want to make it a regular family trip as we had such a good time, and when we do we will most definitely book with Tim! Great time, great fun, great accommodations!

Thanks TIm Berg!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
randolph minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a two week trip from AK. We stayed in Seward for six days fishing for three. We spent the next eight days staying at the Trophy lodge in Soldotna fishing four days. Everyone can find something negitive to say if they try hard enough. I found the boat crews to be first class. The staff at the Trophy lodge were great! Noll Curtis with his dry English sense of hummer made us feel right at home. Mark the chef not only was a great cook but was friendly and out going. I don't think you could find two people that could do a better job running that place then them. Don Smith from Minnesota

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tim Berg's Alaskan Fishing Adventures Accommodation? Share your experiences!