“Finest B&B I've ever seen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Escape for Two Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Escape for Two Bed & Breakfast
49300 Charlie Brown Dr, Soldotna, AK 99669   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Soldotna B&B and Inns
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Finest B&B I've ever seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We've stayed twice at Escape for Two, both times in the Moose Cabin. I can say without hesitation that this is _the best_ B&B I have ever stayed at. It's beautifully decorated, it's in a gorgeous setting, and the owners' attention to detail is incredible. They really go out of their way to make it a memoable romantic gettaway. Don't be put off by some of the junky properties you pass by enroute to the B&B - that's unavoidable in rural Alaska, and you won't see any of that from the cabins on the B&B. We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We honeymooned here in October and the layer of snow just made everything more beautiful. It had all the luxuries we could have hoped for: jetted tub, bikes, binoculars, guide books, and a stereo system throughout the cabin. Besides the comfortable, cozy atmosphere of the cabin, it is wonderfully located for touring around the Kenai Peninsula. We did day trips to Homer and Seward to hike the glaciers and mountains to return to a toasty and well stocked cabin at night. Loni was very helpful and attentive!

Room Tip: Moose cabin is larger and right at the waters edge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here at the end of August. The location could not be better for doing things on the west side of the Kenai Peninsula, or even excursions down to Homer. The cabin has everything you need for a little escape with your special someone and the accomodations are very cozy. Lonnie is a great host, happy to answer any question and is very sincere in her desire to make sure you are not interrupted and have the time and space to unwind. The back deck and fire pit is a real plus to this cabin. We enjoyed a little fire and quiet time on the lake. Do note, this is not a place for families. The title says it all, this is where you go to spend some time with that special someone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Moose Cabin for one night. What a lovely place - the hosts, Bruce and Loni have thought of every detail. The cabin was so comfortable and beautifully furnished with everything you could possibly hope for (luxurious linens and wonderful bed, fully equipped kitchen and grill, lovely outdoor decks with firepit). We enjoyed the peace and quiet overlooking their private lake and loved the family of moose that wandered down. I definitely recommend this place for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Princeton, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

As part of our 50th wedding anniversary trip to Alaska in August 2012, my wife and I spent 4 nights at Escape for Two in the Dragonfly cabin. To say that our stay was fabulous is quite an understatement! I can’t think of a single need or want that Bruce and Loni haven’t anticipated and provided for. From the dragonfly motif throughout the cabin to the thoughtful provision of band aids, every detail resonates the attentive care of the hosts toward their guests. Firstly...let me mention the kitchen area. We found a refrigerator stocked with three different kinds of juices, milk, eggs, butter, cream cheese, and a plate of cherries and prepared honeydew melon. On top of the fridge were a selection of teas, bagels, oatmeals, cold cereals, specialty granolas, and delicious mini-loafs of sweet breads (e.g. sour cream with maple and pecans, oatmeal/blueberry) , each one different and each individually wrapped and tied with ribbon. Near the coffee maker were individually packaged packs of coffee beans, a coffee pot, and a bean grinder. (The grinder was absolutely spotless, an indication of the degree of cleanliness of the cabin!) Each day brought a new and different fruit plate (e.g. cantaloupe and grapes, watermelon and blueberries) and a replenishing of the breads. There is ample cookware, a very nice stove, an outside barbecue with tools, and all the spices you could ever need.. I could go on and on – the bicycles, the hot tub, the terry robes and towels, the gazebo with fire pit which is built over the edge of the pond, the deck, the entertaining birds and the bird feeder, the heart-shaped candy dish with individually-wrapped truffles, the great TV, the super comfy bed – you get the picture! If you like being pampered, look no further! This is *the* place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
meridian, ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place was definitely worth checking out. We needed a place to stay on our way from Seward to Homer. We chose this place because it just looked like a romantic place to stay. There are 2 cabins, the moose and the dragonfly. We stayed at the Dragonfly on June 14th for one night. It was so amazing!!! I first spoke with Loni before arriving because I was arranging one of the romance packages. She was very sweet and I couldn't wait to meet her. Once we arrived she checked us in and she could not have been nicer. We went to our cabin and were just amazed. We had ordered the Honey Hungermooners romance package and let me tell you there was lots of food. She paid such attention to detail about everything. There is a great 2 person hot tub on the back deck with just gorgeous views. She also provides robes for you to use during your stay. She has breakfast for you to prepare in your cabin for the next morning. There is a lake that is closest to the other cabin ( the moose cabin) but it is not a far walk at all to get to it from the Dragonfly cabin. The lake is just gorgeous but we didn't get to spend much time at it for the mosquito. We definitely would love to come back here and stay for a little while longer. I just can't say enough about this place. I would give it a 10 if Tripadvisor went that high. Oh and one more thing. The cabin was very clean and had heated tile floor in the bathroom. Amazing place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My mom, dad, husband and myself were on a 2 week trip to Alaska. My parents were in the dragonfly cabin and we were in the moose cabin- what a great time! Loni and Bruce (our hosts) met our every need. The breakfasts are wonderful, cabins cozy and very clean. What a treat! My husband and dad saw the mama moose and baby on the property. The deck on the lake was a great place to just sit and relax. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: If it is summer time, it is bright! Bring sleep masks.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Escape for Two Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!