“Once in a lifetime trip....and I get to do it every year!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alaska Fishing & Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Alaska Fishing & Lodging
You added Alaska Fishing & Lodging to your Saves list
P.O. Box 2357, Soldotna, AK 99669   |
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Once in a lifetime trip....and I get to do it every year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

I've lived in Alaska for 35 years and have fished all over the state. The one trip I count on every year is the trip to the Kenai every summer to fish Kings. Ty's knowledge of the river and the fish is exceptional. There is nothing like the feeling you get everytime the rod folds in half that "this could be the one" a possible world record King Salmon. I take employees and/or family on our trips to the Kenai they find the expierence incredible. Most people I take are Alaskans who have not fished the Kenai and ALL want a return invite. The cabins that Ty and Tina have are VERY comfortable and the price can't be beat anywhere. Once in a lifetime trip....and I do it every year! You won't be dissapointed I promise.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ainsworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We booked a silver salmon fishing trip with Alaska Fishing & Lodging owned and operated by Tyland VanLier and family at 1-888-462-1521. This was not just a fishing trip - this was the time of our lives! Tyland took us out for salmon and kept extending the time a little longer just because we were having so much fun and the fish just kept biting. He even took us trout fishing and I have never caught so many nor seen any that big! Then we went out for halibut - wow! Caught and released a shark, too! The guides were absolutely the best. The VanLier's have individual cabins and we hated to come home. We are planning on booking with them every year only this time we are going for the big "King" Salmon" season. If you want to experience the best in Alaska fishing and the most professional and friendly guides to get you there - please call them.

Doug & Lori Blake
Ainsworth, Nebraska

Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

Let me be the first to comment on Tyland and Alaska Fishing and Lodging. You won't go wrong here. We spent a week with him last year and it was the best. This was my third trip to Alaska (second trip for just fishing) and I would go with Tyland again in a hearbeat. He runs a first class operation, the accomodations are the best and he won't dissapoint you with the fishing. He worked very hard to get us our fish and put in a hard day on the water. I highly reccomend the upper Kenai for rainbows on a fly rod. Tyland knows all the good spots.
The cost for the week was very reasonable for the amount of fishing you get to do and the nice accomodations. I've looked at a lot of places and he is by far the best bet. He even customized a package just for us that included a great flyout trip and the upper Kenai for rainbows. We were very satisfied with everything. A+++++ rating from a hard core fisherman! And by the way, I caugh the biggest silver - 18lbs and a 9 lb rainbow on a 4 weight fly rod.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
des moines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

great!!!!! the fishing was unreal, tyland (the owner) worked his butt off to make sure we had a great time.. First class all the way. Had such a good time im going back agan this year

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Eagle, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

I have had a couple of trips with TY. Both were productive with Large fish. He did a great job as a tour guide for my wife and daughter. They did not fish much but had the time of their life horseback riding, rafting and sightseeing. This left more time for me and the Giant Kings! Fun was had by all!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Topping off my Alaska visit after viewing the Chugach mountains between Anchorage and Soldotna was fishing on the Kenai river with Ty. He put us on to fish everyday and we limited out everyday. Cottages were clean and service excellent. I would highly recommend TY.

Dale Anderson
Des Moines,Iowa

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
Eden, Utah 84310
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Have been fishing with Ty of Alaska Fishing and Lodging for the past several years, would think of going no where else now that we have found him. His fishing expertise is the best, and his knowledge of the area can not be surpassed. We fish every day while there, and always bring back to the lower 48 at least 100 lbs of fish per person to stock our freezer with. Ty takes the time to filet, pack, and freeze your catch of the day until your are ready to go back home, for a very minimal fee. The cabins are immaculate and comfortable, complete with a large propane barbeque and table on the deck to cook up some fresh sockeye or halibut. Must not forget to mention that Ty has a large supply of poles and waders, which he loans out at no charge for those that want to spend the day doing a little bit of fishing off the bank when the sockeye are coming in thick. We have never been disappointed yet with our catch, or Ty and his wife's wonderful hospitality. Would highly recommend Alaska Fishing and Lodging if you are looking for the fishing trip of a lifetime!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Alaska Fishing & Lodging? Share your experiences!