“What a hidden gem - literally, since they are hard to find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Humdingers Gourmet Pizza Co.

Humdingers Gourmet Pizza Co.
173 S. Valley Way, Palmer, AK
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 44 restaurants in Palmer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Wellington, New Zealand
“What a hidden gem - literally, since they are hard to find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

After we managed to find the place - which does display the name out at the front, but little more - in the middle of nowhere and drove around to the side where the entrance is, we were surprised by the lovely interior and the warm and friendly welcome by the staff.

The pizza is made in a wood fired oven (you can actually watch the wood burn if you are ordering from the counter) and there are plenty of beautiful self-made photographs up on the walls. They have a range of more traditional and more American choices on different pizza bases and are also happy to make custom made ones.

The restrooms are very spacious and the cleanest I have ever seen in a restaurant. Highly recommended!

88% Recommend
“Love the wood fired oven flavor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The crust was cooked to perfection, toppings were not scarce like some other places in town. We are having a hard time getting pizza anywhere else not but it is a little spendy for a weekly take out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wasilla, Alaska
“Outstanding.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

There was 12 of us that hit Humdingers on a Sunday afternoon. They put some tables together to hold us all. We order several different pizzas and the were all great. The wood fired oven is impressive.
One of us is a fussy eater and Humdingers went above and beyond to accommodate him.
We highly recommend it and we'll be back.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were just passing thru the area and found this place from an Ap on my phone. The place is very nice on the inside. I was very surprised and wasn't expecting much since its in the middle if no where and the town is kinda dumpy. We got the buffalo pizza and it was the best I've ever had. I'm so glad we found this place.

Anchorage, Alaska
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had heard great things about this place and really wanted to like it. It was recently remodeled and has a great decor. The staff was extremely friendly. However, the two pizzas that my family ordered were nothing special. They were a little bland and the prices were a little high. I will try again if I have the chance one day.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
GordonFletcher, Owner at Humdingers Gourmet Pizza Co., responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for giving us the benefit of the doubt and for planning on trying us again sometime. I would really like to have a bit more information from you so I can address whatever problem you may have had in reference to your two pizzas that were, "bland". Which pizzas did you order? Were they both our signature pizzas, (off the menu) or did you build you own? We have 18 signature pizzas and not all of those pizzas are homeruns for everyone. I do strive to make sure our customers are satisfied with our food, when they are not... I am the one disappointed.