“My Stay at Summit Lake Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

You added Summit Lake Lodge to your Saves list
Summit Lake Lodge
51826 Seward hwy, Moose Pass, AK 99631   |
Laguna Niguel, California, United States
“My Stay at Summit Lake Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Summit Lake Lodge is at the center of Alaska's playground at the center of Kenai Peninsula. Summit Lake Lodge is family owned and operated and their cabins are as clean as some of the finest rooms I've stayed in Las Vegas. One feels and are treated like they are at home after a long day adventuring in Alaska by a husband and wife who really understand business. These proprietors personally take the time to serve you a coffee and give you all the details of your day's trip every morning during breakfest. I even accidently overpaid one day and they credited my account before I knew what I did. I had the time of my life and have never left a recommend of any hotel/lodge before, however I recommed Summit Lake Lodge as if it's owned by my best friend. You will not be dissappointed, my new basecamp in Alaska will forever be Summit Lake Lodge

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Wasilla, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is place is EXCELLENT !!!! It was so lovely, clean and warm. It's awesome, our cabin was to die for; I mean it was that good. It was quiet and to us it was rustic; but very lovely. We hated to leave and came to expect other places to be the same quality.

Wasilla, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We arrived a little early - 2:30pm, and the cabin wasn't ready. We were impressed that it is all very new looking, and very clean. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and there was a little heater we had to turn on. The cabin was a good price, considering the time of year, but even at lower prices you expect professional treatment. There were no complimentary shampoos or blow dryer, which should be posted somewhere, as I didn't bring any thinking I wouldn't need to. The internet is only available in the lodge, but they do not provide guests with the password, and it's inconvenient and annoying to have to hunt down someone to ask. Around 6:30 pm we decided we'd like to order dinner to eat in our cabin, but when we asked if we could make an order to go, the waiter said "Not right now", but with no explanation. When we asked why, he said, "Because it would overload the cooks right now". Which still was not an explanation. He directed us to the other building with pizza and ice cream, but when we arrived there, only 2 pieces of pizza were available, and we were told that was it. When we asked if they took Visa, they told us it's a $20 minimum. This also was not posted anywhere. Outrageous! We had neglected to pick up cash, and we were not about to spend $20 on pizza and ice cream for two people, so we just went back to our cabin and ate the snacks we had brought.
The breakfast was very nice, a sit down order restaurant meal, and I disagree with the person who called it "tasteless". Perhaps they expected gourmet food. It was good, and the toasted bread tasted homemade.
All in all, the good and the bad balanced out so I only gave an Average rating.If they can fix their customer service problems, I could easily give it a Very Good.

Room Tip: The cabins are very nice, worth the $40 extra.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
summitak, Owner at Summit Lake Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
First , I would like to thank you for your business and let you know that we work very hard to make everybody's visit as enjoyable as we can. would like to address some of your concerns. You are correct we did not provide shampoo but since your review we have order them. There is a hair dryer in the bathroom cabinet for all cabins.

We do have a policy that we will do no do to go orders when ever we have a waiting line for the restaurant. We feel that that it is not fair to the customer waiting in line for dinner to have a to go order go ahead of them. Sorry but that is how we feel.

Not quite sure what happened in the Ice Cream Shop but I am looking into it and I do apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred

I do hope you will return for another stay and if it is not up to expectations please ask to see me or my manager. Once again I thank you for your stay

Marty and June
owner of Summit lake Lodge
Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

What a lovely get away right between Anchorage and Seward. The luxury cabin was so nice--a great value as a real breakfast was included. We had gotten our reservation at the last minute and had to move to the motel the next night---it was clean and nicely decorated but very small---still a great value as a full breakfast was included.

I would also like to say that all the staff that we came in contact with the two nights we were there were friendly and helpful---they seemed to enjoy what they were doing---that is hard to find these days.

We highly recommend this lovely escape--even the motel room.

Can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

This is the kind of places that when you have to leave it, you don't want to do it. Our cabin was perfect, so cozy. The bed, carpet, and pillows are amazing. The heater runs without a problem and everything looks like brand new. Very clean.
Breakfast included and delicious. People are so friendly. We really recomended this place for everyone.
Near to Anchorage, Seward, Cooper Landing and a lot of hiking trails.
Thanks to Megan, Lindsey and their father for evetything.
(Sergio from Colombia)

• Stayed July 2012
Philadelphia, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I booked this stay on short noticed, so I ended up staying in two different cabins over 4 nights. Which wasn't bad considering it was in July. This place sits at the end of Summit Lake surround by some beautiful mountains on all sides. Every morning the dinning hall is opened for breakfast, and it's just for lodge guest. The breakfast is cooked to order from a nice menu selection, and did I mention it is FREE! Now, lunch and dinner you will have to buy if you choose to eat there, but I will have to say the dinner menu had a nice selection. I recommend the Grinder for all you burger lovers, and the steak looks great too. All of that is great, but it doesn't count for anything if the service is bad. Well, I can tell you I was in there when this place was slow, and when it was swamped. These people worked there ends off to make sure every last customer was served and happy. Also, if you get a chance to talk to any of them do it because they can be the best guide to where you may want go or what you want to do that day. The only downside is that I plan on going back to AK in the winter and this place is closed then :(

Room Tip: I would book cabins 6, 7, or 8 unless you will not have any windows open at night due to noise from...
Stacy, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed two nights and loved it. The location was great for us to get to Cooper Landing for a raft trip and Seward for the Sea life Aquarium. The "cabin" room and lodge buildings were rustic Alaskan. The room was knotty pine with a log frame bed and window with mountain view. The cabin room had no TV so it was a great escape from normal hotels. The bathroom fixtures and sink were modern. All was very clean and compact. Our room was on opposite side from highway.
The food in lodge was excellent and great hot breakfast was included with room price. We split dinners sometimes. We sat several times on the log bench by the lake or one of two decks for a fabulous view of the mountains. Another beautiful log building has muffins, cookies, pizza, and a wide variety of ice cream. We wish this place iwas closer to home so we could visit without the long trip to Alaska.

Room Tip: We requested and got a room opposite the road and we slept great with the window open a crack.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Summit Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!