“Avoid this if you value your valuables!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Ketchikan

You added Super 8 Ketchikan to your Saves list
Super 8 Ketchikan
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2151 Sea Level Drive, Tongass Development Center W, Ketchikan, AK 99901-6071   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ketchikan
wellington, fl
“Avoid this if you value your valuables!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I'm writing this for my bff who has had to stay here on several occasions due to his company's cheapness!!

Besides the fact that there is no A/C and the breakfast is a cold joke and the rooms are only passibly clean, the last experience took the cake!!

He left a shirt in the drier after doing his laundry. Good news is, someone found it and turned it to the front desk. The BAD news is that someone (obviously staff there) decided it was such a cool shirt that they swiped it before he had a chance to retrieve it!!!

I had read other reviews of stuff "disappearing" but now my bff experienced this first-hand.
Come on...there is no excuse for this stuff happening, right under the nose of the other employees!!

Room Tip: The tip is to NOT stay here!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Carol D, General Manager at Super 8 Ketchikan, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you for taking time to let me know your concerns about your friends' stay with us. We always try to make sure our guests have a pleasant stay, and enjoy all the amenities. You mentioned that breakfast wasn't what you anticipated. I would like to let you know we have added several items to our breakfast offering, including hard boiled eggs, fresh cut fruit, and yogurt. When your friend told us that he had left his shirt behind in our dryer, we made every effort to locate it and return it to him. Unfortunately, the shirt was not located.

I apologize that your friend had a less than perfect experience, but your comments have been heard, and we would appreciate an opportunity to showcase our improvements, and see if we can change your mind.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pocomoke City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I reserved a room at this hotel and then read the reviews on Trip Advisor. The reviews were unfavorable, so I emailed the manager to ask if improvements had been made. She assured me that our room would be clean and we would find the accommodations acceptable. Since this hotel's rates were significantly lower than those at most other hotels, I kept our reservation. We would only be there one night; we were leaving for POW Island the next day.
Our room was fine. Fresh paint, new drapes and spreads, and lots of lamps made this room a keeper. We had a spacious desk area with a chair, and a table with two chairs. The room wasn't enormous, but we didn't bump into each other. The bathroom was clean and large.
Though my husband was comfortable, I wanted a fan. I called the front desk and one was delivered within five minutes. I met four staff members. All of them were pleasant and helpful.
I wasn't paying high-end prices, so I didn't expect a palace. I was paying for cleanliness, comfort, and adequet furnishings, and felt I had received a good deal. I will stay there again, and send my friends and family there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Annette Island, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I frequently go to Ketchikan on business and for family travel. I will not stay here again due to the dated 1980's furniture, deco and I am pretty sure that is the last time they purchased new matteress's . For pet owners - I hear it is the only 'pet friendly' hotel in Ketchikan. It is near the Mall and Safeway. There is no restaurant on site - McDonalds is across the parking lot.

I stay at either the Best Western Landing's - new wing or at the Cape Fox - water view.

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask for a room on the fourth floor. Non-Smoking.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

First of all lodging in Ketchikan is very expensive and we knew that, but 167$ per night is very exaggerate for the room...There was gum sticked under the table, smelly carpet and the windows were dirty ...The bath tub needs to be ''refresh'' it was old and dirty...Positive note the hotel has a shuttle...Best western looks brand new could be an option...

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We were flying in private plane from Palmer, Ak to Shelton, Wa and found that we needed to stay the night in Ketchican. Very nice man checked us in to the motel and it seemed we were off to a good start. However, he neglected to mention a sales tax of 6% and a room tax of 7% which increased our bill by 13%. Also, even with a "do not disturb" sign left on the door, the maid pounded on our door at 8 am and then came on in. After dosing off again, the phone rang. It was the front desk saying they had never heard of us and what were we doing in their room?! After getting that straigtened out, we gave up and got up. We went to try the "complimentary breakfast" and could not get back in our room as the key was cancelled even though check out was not till 1200 noon. Breakfast was cold cereal, instant oatmeal, watered OJ or miniture sweet rolls. We skipped it. Another practice we found objectional was being asked if we were Alaskan residents. It seems that if we had of been, we would have been given an automatic discount. We were told that the motel had WIFI but when we got there, were told it had not been working for several days. All in all even thought our check in was smooth and helpful, it was an awful experience. I would not recomend them to anyone.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Oregon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I was picked up at the airport ferry terminal and the van guy was very friendly. The hotel was clean and check in was super smooth. The room was very basic with all the stuff including high speed internet.

Breakfast was continental breakfast with some yummy muffins and instant hot cereal, but the room was clean and the girl was really nice and friendly. She told me some things to do for fun in Ketchikan.

I liked this hotel because it was clean and had a gorgeous view of the water. The float planes are loud but that part of the Ketchikan charm.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
us
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

There is not any A/C. This is not a child friendly hotel, as the windows open completly with out any safty devices. The staff were very friendly and the location was good. The rooms do not have a table or chairs.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Ketchikan? Share your experiences!