“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 57 Restaurants in Ketchikan
NYC
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I went with a group of friends not happily. I didn't think I liked Filipino food. Boy was I wrong. The green soup was terrific, the Lupia tastes, the ginger beef worth a try and the chicken adobe marvaleous. I think it is a don't miss in this town. Hopefully you will get to meet Clara, mama Diaz's daughter in law. Also the service is the best!

Visited August 2012

Ketchikan, AK
“A old historic place that can be a little too spendy for what you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have been going to Diaz Cafe since I was young and I loved it growing up. I have been gone for several years and came back to see if the restaurant had changed at all. The food is the same but the prices have really gone up. I would saw it is average oriental food. Nothing really bad but nothing super good either. The decor hasn't really changed much since I was a kid but they did recently update the outside of the building. The owners are usually friendly.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ketchikan, Alaska
“locals favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Local institution. No credit cards. The lunch special is is always good. A tip: get rice w/sweet and sour instead of fries(real Filipino sweet&sour, not the neon kind). The spicy beef noodle soup is also awesome.

Ketchikan, Alaska
“Not that great”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

If you like dummy down fake dishes this place is for you. Their fried rice is white rice with soy sauce, their deep fried shrimp are cut into third dipped in batter and called deep fried prawns. I could go on and on. I have lived in Ktown since 1966 and in the beginning this was the go to place. Now it is just an old relic with die hard fans who hang on to sentimentality. Go down the road if you want good oriental food. Oh, and they take cash and checks no credit cards.

Visited January 2012
Alaska
“Old-Fashioned Ketchikan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Diaz Cafe looks like a little hole-in-the-wall from the street, but it's been there for over sixty years and if that isn't a testament to the place, I guess I don't know what would be. They make a good hamburger and fries, a great little plate of spareribs with rice (order either The Small Guy or The Large Guy), and regular American cafe-style food. Mama Diaz is gone now and isn't back there in the kitchen bossing people around and telling little kids to sit up straight and stop shredding the napkins, but the place is basically the same. It's like a little trip into the past every time we go there. I like it.

Visited December 2011

Been to Diaz Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Diaz Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.