“''halibut,rockfish and salmon"'” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Troy, Ohio
“''halibut,rockfish and salmon"'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

If you ever get to Ketchikan you have to experience halibut fishing! The sights you see on the ride to the fishing grounds were worth the price.my wife and i landed two halibut close to 50 lb each plus rockfish and salmon. The fish were cleaned , vacume packed and shipped home in perfect shape. To watch my wife battle a 50lb halibut was great! A MUST DO!!!! Mike and Karen from Ohio

Visited July 2013

Battle Ground, Washington
“Wonderful Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My fishing partner and I had a wonderful experience with Baranof Fishing Excursions this past summer. Their equipment was top of the line. Their boats were great. The fishing guide was the best ever! We caught our limit every day, and it was filleted and flash frozen and ready for us when we left to return home. I can't say enough about this experience. I highly recommend them. The only detraction was the food supplied. All in all, a great time.

Visited July 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Halibut fishing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I wanted to experience a fishing trip in Alaska. I did catch a small halibut and one other fish. It was fun and enjoyable. The crew was experienced and helpful. One hitch was a break down due to hitting a log. The boat was delayed. We did get back to the ship just under the deadline before sailing. Nerve-racking, it makes a good story. The other fishermen on my boat were from my ship so we all ran for the ramp together. All in all we had a good experience.

Visited August 2013

Phoenix Arizona
25 attraction reviews
“They really took care of us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I booked this fishing excursion for my brother and husband and Kaleigh worked with us from the very beginning to make sure we chose the right one, met at the dock at the right time, etc. On the morning of the trip, Bill and Todd found out that Baranof was short one guide so they would either have to cancel or try to make other arrangements. Sure enough, Baranof got them on another boat and they proceeded to catch a boatload of salmon. Everyone had a great time. We had some of the salmon smoked and all of it was shipped to us in Arizona for a very reasonable price. I love pulling it out of the freezer to share with friends. Great job Baranof. We will use you again.

Visited August 2013

San Francisco, California
“highs and lows of this fishing trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Great fishing trip initially. Caught fish straight away and the campsite is unique and the food was wonderful. Overall it was a satisfying unique experience. Unfortunately, on the way back to the dock, the boat engine stalled and then stopped working. This was scary given the fact that the water depths were like 200 feet deep where we were. The pilot tried to get the engine to get working and was a bit in disbelief this was happening. Several experienced men with boats noted that the gas tank was on empty. Delayed us for about 45 minutes while the pilot called Baranof on his cell phone for someone to pick us up in another boat. The radio didnt seem to work so thank goodness we could rely on cell phones. We were already running very late to return to the cruise ship and made it within 15 minutes. I felt like I paid a lot to get scared and then stressed in returning to the cruise ship. I presume this was an anomaly that doesn't normally occur.

Visited May 2013