“Best fish sandwich I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Best fish sandwich I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We made it a goal while in Ketchikan to get our 12-year old son some crab legs. The Crab Cracker was recommended by some locals, so we gave it a try. It was absolutely perfect for us. The three of us enjoyed the clam chowder as an appetizer, and it was probably the best we had on our 3-week Oregon/California/Alaskan coastal adventure. My son and wife split a huge order of crab legs, and loved every bite. I had the grilled halibut sandwich, and it was the best I've ever eaten. Seriously, it was life changing. I'd make the trip back to Alaska just for that fish. It was seasoned and cooked to perfection, and the bun was soft as could be. Phenomenal.

The waiter we had was awesome. I hope this doesn't get him in trouble, but he got us an extra bowl of clam chowder gratis when he saw that my wife and son were sharing a large order of crab legs (the meal comes with a bowl of chowder) so we all had our own. He was helpful with our ordering process, quick to offer suggestions or to get us what we needed, and was very personable without being pushy or fake with us tourists.

The decor of the restaurant is nautical, as one would expect. It is probably frequented by a lot of tourists, but it certainly wasn't cheesy or fake in its appearance. I liked the place as well as the food. You will certainly spend a decent amount on your meal, but its well worth it. Give it a try, and do yourself a favor and try the halibut.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
“Lunch Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

A busy place past the lumberjack show. Nice menu and the fried Halibut fish and chips was tremendous. A little pricy but the beer was cold and the food was hot and the outdoor tables were nice. Quick service with a smile and a quick check were perfect.

Visited July 2014
Reno, Nevada
“Ate our fill!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the sampler one pound each snow, Dungess, & king crab legs. I suggest you just order either the snow or Dungess. Both were melt in your mouth good. The king crab was not that good. We sent it back, thinking it was overcooked. It was tough and rubbery. The waitress said it was shipped in and not from the area. It was the mist expensive so save some money and go for the local crab.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coppell, Texas
“Not cheap, but good food. Go early to miss the rush.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We arrived early enough to miss the rush, so were able to be seated right away. Our waitress started off kind of uncaring, but after a bit warmed up and was chatting with us. We got the crab sampler with all 3 kinds of crab, and it was delicious. My personal preference was King, then Snow, then Dungeness. My son got the beer sampler, so there are at least 4 Alaskan beers on tap to choose from, and the waitress did a good job describing them. The clam chowder was excellent, and my son loved his halibut tacos. We are fairly picky about our food, but we were very happy with the Crab Cracker.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson
“What you'd expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Mediocre food. High price for what you got. Indifferent service. Yep. A tourist restaurant by the cruise pier. You'd think I would know better.

Visited July 2014