“Should be a 10 Star Resort, but can only give 5!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waterfall Resort Alaska

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ketchikan
Waterfall Resort Alaska
You added Waterfall Resort Alaska to your Saves list
320 Dock St., Suite 222, Box 6440, Ketchikan, AK 99901   |
Special Offer
Fly FREE to Alaska!
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Ketchikan
Santee, California
“Should be a 10 Star Resort, but can only give 5!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

When you look up "hospitality" in the dictionary, there should be a picture of the Waterfall Resort. From Jessica and Tatyanna in the dining room, to Babe and Wanda keeping the place running, everyone knows how to take care of their guests. The food was incredible and the accomodations perfect. Everything a world class resort should have, right down to a great massage. Our guide, Cary, had over 30 years of experience. We went from one great spot to another, bagging our limit of halibut and salmon every day, not to mention ling cod and snapper. Eagles, bear, deer, whales, otter, seals, and every other critter you could imagine lives at, or alongside, this place. Don't look for flaws, for they do not exist. Fisherman can experience what it feels like to go after the big ones in one of nature's finest environments. Families will enjoy the closeness that can be felt at a "next to God" resort. Above all, I highly advise any business to conduct an incentive trip at the Waterfall. I will enjoy the relationships built here, this week, for the rest of my life.

Room Tip: I stayed above the General Store, and visited several other types of rooms. All were excellent.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is one special place for sure. I think I have been here 7 or 8 times and it is always wonderful. The title is all about the fishing but it is much much more than that. Bears, Deer, Whales, Eagles, Otters and the list goes on and on, oh did I mention you also go fishing. Excellent guides , equipment and service. Great food and helpful people. I notice the service was even better this year. Thanks again Waterfall Staff and Crew for a great time in Alaska.

Room Tip: The egg house suites are great.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dos Vientos Ranch,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Just got back for the resort and it was great,. Off the float plane, pick up your fishing license, get your boat assignment and off we go. The guides are the best in the nation for that area. Boats are comfortable and large enough to handle 4 fishermen plus the guide. I do prefer only 3 if possible. The staff are available and cater to all ones requests. The food is off the charts. Excellent. The lagon salon is fun and Ron the bartender is great. If I sound like I think this the best fishing resort in southern Alaska.,This year was my 25th year at the resort. I won king of the day with a 41.6lb king salmon last year, this year 36.8lbs was my largest and it did not even get an honorable mention..the kings this year were huge. over 60lbs was caught twice in the 4 days I was there. 40 to 50's an everyday occurance. Steve the General mgr does a great job.

Room Tip: The condos are great, over looking the water and near the bears. The cabins are rustic, and face the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Campbell, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My son and I fished here from 6/16/14 until 6/19/14 and had a wonderful time. I am a 61-year-old handicapped, 350-pound man and the Waterfall staff did an outstanding job taking care of us. They don't advertise themselves as handicapped friendly and the resort really isn't set up to care for people like me but they did a fantastic job making my trip one I will always remember. They made sure we had everything we needed and provided us transportation in their resort golf cart whenever we needed it. My wheelchair was useless trying to get to the dining room each evening and they made sure we were always there on time. They were able to find a special heavy chair I could fish from each day and the captain did everything for me so all I had to do was to reel in the fish. Next year my oldest son and his wife plan to go back with us and fish. We are already making our plans. It is the perfect place for a family to spend the fishing trip of a lifetime.

Room Tip: We stayed in a private cabin for two. No phone, no TV, but one of the most comfortable and clean fis...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ocean Park, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The entire experience was amazing. The folks at Waterfall take care of everything. You get off of a float plane and within' 30 minutes you are on a boat fishing with an excellent guide. Do not leave your camera in your room. Outstanding!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
WaterfallGroup, Director of Marketing at Waterfall Resort Alaska, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Daniel, thanks for the glowing review! We feel pretty honored to work in such jaw-dropping natural wilderness location, and we get a real kick out of sharing it with guests like you. Hope you took some amazing pictures of whales, eagles, bears, and of course all the fish you caught. Don't forget to enter our free Guest Photo Contest!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Combat fishing at its best!!! The website does a great job of promoting but what they do not tell you is you will be tripping over engine case the whole tome your fishing because it takes up the whole deck, You will have to fight sea lions daily for your fish, and constantly move around the 30 other boats in the tight space. Along with a very in personable captain who is sick and does he what he wants and not what you do as the paying customer. Over a poor experience, once they have your money they could care less!!! I have been to other resorts in Alaska. This was by far the worst!

• Stayed June 2014
WaterfallGroup, Director of Marketing at Waterfall Resort Alaska, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thanks for letting us know about your trip. We actually do care very much about the experience of our guests, and we take it to heart when we learn someone isn't happy. Admittedly, there's not much we can do about sea lions or other anglers in public waters (both of whom are there because that's where the fish are). But if we miss the boat on delivering our usual legendary standard of service, that's something we can learn from and improve. We hope you'll allow us the opportunity to show what we can do at our best.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a specialized resort for fishing enthusiasts. Everything they do is first class.

1. The area is pristine and gorgeous. The flight to the resort on the float plane may be worth the entire trip by itself. The island and the grounds great. Whales, otters, eagles...every moment is a "National Geographic" moment. Didn't see the bears, but hopefully on the next trip.
2. Fishing is phenomenal. We limited out on everything in a 4 day trip. The resort did a perfect job of butchering and vacuum packing the fish, and I was able to get it home (at the time I lived on the US East Coast) so it was still frozen (I overnighted in Seattle and put it in the frozen storage at SEATAC overnight). Fishing guides are second to none.
3. Food is really good.
4. The bartender is competent and the bar is a nice place to get some drinks. Although by that time, you're so tired from a day of fishing you'll probably retire early.

I'm going to go back....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
WaterfallGroup, Director of Marketing at Waterfall Resort Alaska, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thanks for the rave review, laltro! We feel pretty lucky to have been entrusted with the care of this historic, legendary location. The fishing, the wildlife, and especially the chance to share great times with guests like you make for the best summers ever. Looking forward to seeing you back on the water here soon!

Been to Waterfall Resort Alaska? Share your experiences!