“A nice hotel for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kenai
Cordova, Alaska, United States
“A nice hotel for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week on a business trip. The building is easy to miss and looks plain on the outside. In side, however, you will find it is nicely maintained and has a variety of features.
I had a room with two full beds. The rooms also have a nice HD TV, dorm refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board. Having the fridge and microwave came in handy over the course of the week. As anyone who has spent extended time in a hotel knows, being able heat up leftovers or keeping some snacks in your room is nice. I was very impressed at the number of cable channels. Most places may give you 20 or 30, but here you get over 100, many of them are HD as well.
Every morning they serve a descent breakfast with eggs, mini omelets, bacon, sausage, waffles, biscuits, gravy,yogurt, juices, cold cereal, breads, and good coffee.
The workout room is small and doesn't offer much. A set of dumbbells would be better then the gym system they have. It does have a nice treadmill, so as least I could run.
The pool is the smallest I have ever seen but was hardly used so crowding was never an issue. The Jacuzzi was one of the largest and deepest I have used. It was very nice and hot. I enjoyed soaking in it every day.
Overall this place was nice. It does show it's age in places and could use an exterior revamping but the extras make up for that. If given a choice I will ask to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
Eagle River, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Nice warm welcome at the front desk. The Inn is set up for workers in the nearby oil and gas industry, and serves a breakfast in the morning. Most rooms are two double beds. Although this was a business trip for me, my husband accompanied me, so we asked to switch to a room with a queen bed. A room with two queen beds was $8 a night more, which we were hapy to pay, and the front desk professional happily accommodated our request to switch.
Room has a fridge, coffee maker, HUGE TV, good lighting (!), ironing board, iron, blow drier, and a sink separate from the bathroom.
A very small desk with one chair is available to use in the room - inconvenient if more than one person wants to use the desk. Free wireless made up for it.
The hotel is 100% smoke free, but this must be recent, as there is a slight odor of smoke throughout. VERY slight.
Nice people, hotel well kept and room very very clean. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with queen beds unless you are comfortable in a double!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a great stay with my son at the Quality Inn Kenai. I tried to change my room from a king bed to two doubles but they said I could make no changes to my reservation. I was definitely a little irritated with this as it was September 21st and I couldn't understand how the hotel could possibly be booked but we made due and had a great stay overall. The morning breakfast was one of the best I've seen at a hotel, the room was clean and the shower was very nice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Elise C, Guest Service Agent at Quality Inn Kenai, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hello frozengirlie,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a great review! On behalf of our hotel team, I am sorry for the inconvenience with not being able to change your room. If you are in the area and stay with us again, we would be glad to try our best to accomodate your needs. Have a wonderful day!

Kitcat22
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

All in all, my two stays here were quite nice. Having just spent over 2x the price in Anchorage for much less, I was pleased to stay in a clean, quiet, welcoming hotel.
The building is understated and easy to miss, but its whats on the inside that counts.
Plenty of breakfast options.
Wifi was a little wonky, kicking me off several times.
Staff referred me to Louie"s for great seafood. Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask if wifi is better closer to reception.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Kitcat22!

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our hotel! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the quality of our hotel for an agreeable price. Though, I am sorry to hear that the wi-fi was acting up while you were here at your stay. Again, thank you for your time and have a great day.

Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Made reservations to stay at this hotel few days while fishing for red salmon on the Kenai River during busiest time of the summer -- third week in July. Room was ready when I showed up at 11 am. Found it very clean and acceptable. Breakfast came with the room and although not fantastic, provided me with all that I needed for the first meal of the day. It's centrally located in the town of Kenai and almost next to Walmart where I could easily buy replenishment fishing supplies and ice. Staff was very nice and the price was comparable to other establishments in the area. Wi-fi available, as well as TV, fridge, micro and there's a pool that I didn't have time to use -- just spent more of my time fishing!

Room Tip: Make reservations in advance. Rooms are scarce during the red salmon run. I preferred staying on t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello flyfishingguy,

First, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us a review, and by the looks of it, we have done very well to give you the satisfaction you deserve. I am happy to hear we had a room all ready and cleaned for your early arrival, especially with July being our busiest month. :) We hope to see you again so you can enjoy our hotel once more, hopefully it won't be such a dry, hot summer like this years! Have a wonderul day!!

Kind regards,

Peachtree City, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We spent 9 nights in Alaska touring the Denali area, Homer, Seward, Cooper Landing & Kenai - Soldotna area. This hotel was perfect for our needs. What I look for in a hotel is: cleanliness, comfortable beds; good location; and a clean bathroom. this hotel had all of the above. The location was very good just off the Kenai Spur Rd with a really nice Wal-Mart behind the hotel. We had a room with 2 comfortable queen beds and had plenty of room for 3 large suitcases, a cooler etc. There were plenty of pillows and towels. It had the standard amenities- a refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer etc. The only negative is that it does not have AC which we didn't need but the temperature never got above 65'. It did have a fun which was sufficient. The staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. The breakfast was an extra plus. There were scrambled eggs & bacon as well as the standard continental breakfast items. We stayed here because we had Choice Hotel Points but I would definitely stay here again when in Kenai even if we didn't have free rewards. The location is perfect for a base.

tip: Wal-Mart behind the Quality Inn is a great place to buy souveners
Eat dinner at Louie's in the Uptown Motel just up the road on Kenai Spur for dinner
Stop by the Kenai Visitor Center

Room Tip: No AC but didn't need it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello bbeerbower,

First of all, thank your for the great review and the tips. It is especially good to know that our hotel is central for all your needs! We hope you come back to stay with us again. Have a wonderful day!

Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Good service, clean, and great location. No air conditioning in this hotel! It is 85 degrees outside and they only provide a fan and a low dangerous window next to a parking lot. When we went into the room the heater was on in July! The pool and spa are nice. The breakfast is huge! Free waffles, cereal, bagels, donuts, scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, bacon, toast, yogurt, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, and milk! There's also a fitness center and a business center. But I will not stay here again just because of the heat hitting you when you open the door. If you have a disability, make sure you notify the hotel because the second floor does not have an elevator.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello Tyler,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of the hotel team, we would like to apologize for the unusual heat wave we had this year. Most hotels in Alaska are not equipped with an A/C system because of our long winters, unfortunately we are among them. In the future we will be upgrading our hotel with an A/C system. We hope you can come back and get the quality you deserve. Have a great day Tyler.

Elise C.

Been to Quality Inn Kenai? Share your experiences!