“Fishing Trip of a Lifetime” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 14 Attractions in Kenai
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: ACE Fishing Adventures is proud to be your trusted Kenai and Kasilof River guides since 2004. We offer fishing charters for the famed Kenai River King Salmon, Silver Salmon, and Rainbow Trout not to mention many of the other great local and regional attractions from fly out fishing trips, Halibut, even scenic wildlife viewing trips. Open virtually year round with the peak of our season running from May 15th through October and weather dependent after that time. We have incredible river front lodging with private bank access and dock side pick up each morning while heading out on the river.
Erie, PA
“Fishing Trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

In August of 2012; I had the good fortune of living out a dream fishing trip planned and booked through Aaron Cooper, OWowner of ACE Fishing Adventures. we had fished with Aaron in previous years so we knew he was going to try to outdue all the previous ones. Let me say: He did. We live in Erie, PA and so flying in and out of the airport can sometimes be a bit unpredictable. Our morning flight was cancelled so we had to fly out of Pittsburgh. This delayed our arrival in Anchorage almost an entire day. I texted Aaron and informed him that instead of getting in at noon on Friday we would be arriving around 4AM in Anchorage. To us this meant a drive from Anchorage to Seward and then a mad dash to find a license and a breakfast before meeting the boat for an all day saltwater trip. Aaron coorinated with the captain that we fished with to wait for us, have breakfast waiting for us and he gave us directions to where we could buy liscenses. We arrived 15 minutes early after travelling more than 3000 miles to get to to our destination. We fished with Aaron for silvers 4 days and fished 5 days with his 2 close associates for ling cod and halibut. Results were limits each day and besides that we had a blast fishing with Aaron and his friends. They are very knowledgeable, patient and eager to share their knowledge of Alaska. I highly recommend Aaron to others. His equipment is state of the art. He is on the water everyday and is plugged into a large network of friends that he calls upon when fishing gets slow. He has delivered huge kings, sockeye and silver from the Kenai and Kasilof Rivers while we fished with him. He carefully matches his colleagues(other captains) with his clients so they can target specific species at peak times for each. For example, we fished with a caprtain in Aug 2012 who specialized in targetting big ling cod. Take a look at the attached pic and you will see the results. You will not find a better captain to fish with than Aaron. His equipment is state of the art, boat is spotless and his techniques are cutting edge. He is great with young children and is safe at all times. That said he has always provided us with trips that were well worth the time and expense. Word to the wise; book early if you want to fish with Aaron; because once you fish with him you won't want to fish with anyone other captains. Thanks so much!
Thad and Hunter Plasczynski---Erie, PA

Visited August 2012
Aaron C, Owner at ACE Fishing Adventures, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks Thad,
As always it is a pleasure to fish with you and Hunter, and has been fun to watch Hunter grow as a young man over the year's and his excitement when the bite is on! As you mentioned often trips to Alaska will throw the occasional curve ball at a person, and when this happens it often takes a group effort to make the situation at hand a non issue. As in your case a simple phone call to my good buddy and Capt. Mike was all it took to ensure that you were all set for your day out of Seward, even with your delayed arrival. While I try and fit everyone of my guest's onto my boat while fishing, I take great pride in having assembled the best guides in our area to accommodate our guest when not on my own boat. Not only are these my colleagues but they are also my good friends and buddies who often we share countless winter days enjoying the other side of Alaska together. Because of that bond and friendship it is easy to make last minute adjustments to simple problems that may arise during one's stay, it is also a great peace of mind for me knowing that my guests are in very capable hands, as always I will never put anyone of my guests out with another person unless I have and will fish with them personally. It takes a great deal of time and dedication to be proficient and successful out there fishing, I focus my time and effort on the Kenai, while my guy's out in the salt are masters of their craft as well. What they can put people on in a heartbeat would take me countless days and months to be confident and successful out there. I am glad they are part of the team. Teamwork, friendship and dedication to our guests have made ACE Fishing Adventures what it is today, I'm not about to stop there as there is always room for improvement and reviews like this help hone those edges. Look forward to next time with you guys!! Coop

Blackfoot, Idaho, United States
“Ocean and River Fishing Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

What a great stay! Two days catching halibut and viewing sea lions (or walruses?) and several more days walloping Salmon on the Kenai River! I even took one day off the river to enjoy the lodge (which we shared with NO one during our stay!) and the adjacent Kenai river and surrounding scenery. Shipped coolers of fish back home and Coop' even cooked some of our fresh halibut for a dinner! All fish were cleaned for us by guides and flash-frozen/processed by local fish processers. Good times in town and fantastic scenery driving from Anchorage to ACE Fishing lodgings. ADVICE: If you rent a car to drive from Anchorage, make sure it's large enough to haul your fish back for shipment home - you'll catch lots and not even have to bait your own hooks! Thanks, ACE Fishing!

Robinson's,
While your certainly all a little rough around the edges to look at all day, you make up for it in the fun category. I truly enjoyed our time fishing last year and showing you what this great state has to offer. It is always fun when I have the opportunity to hang out with the group after a day on the water. Not only do we get to swap lies about what happened out on the water that day but I get the chance to know the group a little better, and getting to know your and your family that much more was very enjoyable for me. I hope you guys get a chance to make it back up here, I thoroughly enjoy taking Joe's money on the golf course and hopefully Danny boy will do a little off season strength training so he can reel up those monster Halibut. Thanks Coop
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Awesome experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

A friend and I decided to take our families to Alaska for a great vacation and to hopefully try our luck at some fishing on the Kenai. I contacted Aaron Cooper via email and told him briefly our plans and desires for a great vacation. Aaron responded with some ideas for dates and some options for lodging. We quickly decided on an early August trip to avoid the crowded fishing of King season and booked our airfare. Aaron took the time to find us a perfect cabin with access to everything we needed for the week we were there.

Aaron suggested a few days fishing and a few days for sight seeing. We booked two days on the river and took his advice for a Seward Fjord tour. The trip was amazing and the fishing was fantastic. Ace fishing is a top-notch charter with great gear and knowledgeable staff. I have fished for salmon my entire life and would recommend Captain Coop and Ace Fishing to anyone who wants to catch fish. Thanks for a trip our family will not soon forget!!!