“Outstanding , amazing place!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Kenai
Tucson, Arizona
“Outstanding , amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We (4 people) stayed at the bed and breakfast, but we felt like we were home!! The log house is tops...beautiful bedrooms, living room and full kitchen, Everything is top of the line and the owners were wonderful, offering help and service. Bernie, the manager was very knowledgeable about the area and a great help in planning our trip.. He arranged for our 2 days of fishing, 1 a fly in for salmon (and a fly-over of the glacier on the way back) with High Adventures, and the other was a float down an unbelievably beautiful canyon on the Kenai river where our guide, Dennis Randa, knew every spot and we hauled in tons of rainbows. We recommend the guides andthe lodge. If you can get reservations, there is no need to look further for the perfect place! We look forward to a return visit!

Gail G

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Our major deciding factor for us to stay at this establishment was Terry & Bernie's attention and responsiveness to our questions & planning of our Alaskan fishing trip. We stayed at the bed & breakfast, which is a beautiful & comfortable log home. We had everything we could have asked for! Overlooking the Kenai River, with access to it's fishing and relaxation, it was a dream home-base after our other fishing adventures. Angie's cooking was phenomenal - from the hot breakfasts to the salmon rolls!
The level of customer service and attention to detail was ideal - from the fishing & housekeeping, to Bernie's packing our fish to bring home and orchestrating each of our activities. Bernie clearly did so much to ensure we had a trip of a lifetime with lasting memories. Even when the weather changed our plans, as is the reality of Alaska, he was right there with other options to keep us enjoying Alaska. They prepared our fish for the trip home so it was no trouble at all to fly it home & share it with our friends & family.
The recommendations for local dining & logistics were accurate & helpful. We will stay there again & highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Bedrooms on the top floor in the bed & breakfast are warmer when there's a fire going in the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a gorgeous property! Terry Johnson (the owner) made sure that we had everything we needed including helping us access the wifi. We had a full kitchen (including all of the utensils, dishware and cookware). Would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Deer Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

After staying in a local Hotel for a month I was told about the Salmon Catcher lodge. At first I was undecided because it was out in what I thought were the back roads. To my delightful surprise I am am very glad I took the drive to see the place. Although there are several houses in the area, the lodge feels very secluded which was very nice on those clear nights when you can just sit outside and star gaze. From the moment I arraved the owner and property manager made me feel at home and often called or came by to make sure I did not need anything. The accomodations are far more than what I expected and far better than any Hotel in town and at a very good price. I highly recommend this property to anyone polanning a fishing trip to the area or just want to go spend some time in the woods.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dayton, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had a job at the new Power Plant in Soldotna. My contact suggested I join him at the "fishing lodge he was staying in. I'd been to Kenai before and hadn't been impressed with the accomodations and the thought of a "fishing lodge" was intriguing. Boy was I surprised! This property is totally amazing. I was there in March so I didn't get to take advantage of all there is to do here but the experience was memorable. The accomodations were far more luxurious than I could have imagined. Huge fireplace in the great room, very well equipped kitchen with kitchenettes in each of 3 guest rooms. Comfortable beds and just a homey atmosphere in the lap of luxury.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Due to a natural disaster at my lodge, Terry Johnson (owner) was extremely accommodating in assisting me in providing my guests with a great trip. In 15 years as an outfitter this is unquestionably the finest lodging and grounds I have seen. The facilities - grills, fire pit - grounds - fish packing - furniture - amenities - bathrooms - "everything" were all outstanding. Every room was tastefully decorated. The fishing trips by guides, Tom, Dennis, Tiege, Ian, Zach and Jefferson were professional and everyone caught fish in addition to having a great day on the river. Brown Bears, Moose, Eagles and Caribou provided excellent wildlife viewing and my guests were very happy and totally pleased with the efforts of Terry Johnson. Units were cleaned daily and were set up for fishermen on the go with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, ice machine and additionally the convention center itself has a full kitchen to meet your needs in addition to a great fireplace. Friends, if you are looking for a trip of all trips, please give Salmon Catcher an opportunity to host your next trip to Alaska's Kenai Peninsula. I give Salmon Catcher Lodge my personal guarantee of satisfaction. Bernie Golling

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Salmon Catcher Lodge Aug 21-26, 2013

Lodge staff was very proactive in making sure that we had every opportunity to fish and see the beauty of Alaska. When weather caused our float plane flyout to be canceled, lodge staff immediately rescheduled our float plane flyout to another day and then made arrangements to have us fish for salmon on the beautiful Kenai River. On the day we were scheduled for a deep sea halibut fishing trip the seas were rough and the boat Captain chose to not go out. That was no problem because the lodge staff immediately checked weather conditions in Homer, AK and got us on another larger deep sea vessel for the afternoon and we caught our limit of halibut. Second attempt at float plane flyout was successful and we saw the beauty of Alaska from the float plane as well as more salmon fishing. All of the fishing guide services which were arranged for us were absolutely fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Salmon Catcher Lodge. The lodge personnel cleaned, vacuum sealed and froze our fish. They even shipped them to us! The lodge owner, Terry, made it all come together quite nicely while Chuck and Adriane were very kind and generous to supply us with whatever we needed. We would love to go back to Alaska and when we do Salmon Catcher Lodge will be where we stay. The cabins were beautiful and nicely appointed with modern style kitchen, satellite, big screen TVs, lovely furniture, and the bathrooms were nice. The grounds were immaculate and cabins were located with trees all around which allowed the area to be serene and peaceful. I cannot compliment the staff enough for making our vacation absolutely perfect!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Salmon Catcher Lodge? Share your experiences!