“Aspires to boredom” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Juneau AK
“Aspires to boredom”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Another reviewer commented "consistently mediocre;" IMHO, that was overly kind, even for Juneau which is not known for inspirational food. I've been twice, not very recently, and the second time to please a friend. On my first trip, two of us ordered expensive sushi rolls, which unforgiveably were made with noticeably old fish. We didn't finish it and noted the problem, to no response. On my second visit, I tried a stir fry, hoping for better. Instead, this was Chinese food as it existed in the 1950s in the U.S..... a bland conglomeration of a bit of meat and mushy vegetables, mostly celery, and thickened with an unfortunate but memorable cornstarch goo. Fool me once; ok; but fool me twice... I'm done. The sad thing is that the same people own/run several other Juneau oriental establishments that also have the reputation of mediocrity. Because I thought the food was awful, I can't give it more than a terrible rating for value.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

San Juan Capistrano, California
“We loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went to Kenny's because it was close to the hotel, and I liked the pan-Asian name...I figured that there must be something for everyone in our group. We were very pleased with the number of selections, the quality of the food, and the cost. We had a group of four, including two teens, so we thought that the family meal for 4 would be best, but the server suggested that it may be too much food. We took his advice after we actually placed the order, and he cut it back to a meal for 3. We still had too much food! It was all good, and we were very satisfied. They boxed the extra for us so that we could eat the remainder at the airport, even included utensils and napkins. I will certainly return when visiting again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, and a reasonable price for Juneau.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I would est here again. Good sized plates. Plenty of options! Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. I had teriyaki chicken because that was what I was craving, and it was the best that I have had in Juneau. I want to go back and try the Phó.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toledo, Washington
“Taste like all the rest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice and clean. The sushi and food taste like all Kenny's eatery's. It's a nice visit if you want regular oriental'ish. I will return. Consistently mediocre and that's not a bad thing.

Visited May 2013
Haines
“Good Chinese food and reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had lunch here the other day and was quite surprised by the amount of food for the price. Food in downtown Juneau is not the cheapest but this was real reasonable. The food was average for Chinese nothing that stood out but I definitely will be back next time I am in downtown Juneau. They were busy but the food came out fast and fresh no heat lamp buffet type meal here. I have already recommended this to friends.

• Visited March 2013