My partner reserved this place and I was actually very keen to stay here seeing it's highly recommended by other reviewers here.
It's a rather oddly put together from the outside in; the room with stairs to the in room jacuzzi surrounded by carpeting instead of slip-resistant tiles, stairs to their toilet which was not insulated with cold floor and walls, the sink was separate at the top of the stairs. There are windows looking into the hallway. The LCD TV monitor was mounted crooked. The bed's height was much higher than normal that I had to hop up onto the bed. After taking a jacuzzi which was too tight for two overweight people, the humidity was uncomfortably high that we left the room. There's a table in the room that was square and not really adequate for a decent desktop workspace. There's a mini-fridge and an old dial face microwave. I had my laptop and wanted to hookup to their monitor with my HDMI cable but no convenient AC outlet was readily available until I moved the mini-fridge out of it's position to find an AC outlet to power my laptop. Wi-fi worked fine throughout the hotel. Complimentary shuttle service available by advanced reservation and to/from the airport.
Breakfast was included and comprised of two parts. The first part is what is presented in the dining area with coffee, heavy pitchers of juices, yogurt, fresh sliced fruit, cold cereal, milk, overly sweet cut-up muffins, cut-up pastries. The second part consists of any three items from that list may be ordered such as pancakes, eggs, omelet, potatoes, toast. The toast was burnt, the omelet fair. No tea was seen.
Just because it's recommended highly by others here, it's still only a guide and it's my own experience that matters to me/us in the end. Bottom line, not recommendable by us to stay here, this place could use a serious makeover from Bauer/Clifton. Look elsewhere for a more conventional lodging for less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Grandma's Feather Bed, the smallest hotel in the world's largest hotel chain, comes complete with deluxe suites and is the perfect place for a weekend getaway in beautiful Juneau, Alaska. All 14 guest rooms are designed especially to meet your vacationing needs. Each guest room are designated non-smoking with single queen feather beds for the ultimate in comfort. Sink into your in-room Jacuzzi and let the comfort take you away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your BEST WESTERN Grandma's Feather Bed reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Grandma`s Feather Hotel Juneau
- Best Western Juneau
- Best Western Hotel Juneau
- Juneau Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Grandma's Feather Bed Juneau, Alaska