“Great location but I don't like hear when my neighbor goes to the toilet” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Goldbelt Hotel Juneau

You added Goldbelt Hotel Juneau to your Saves list
Goldbelt Hotel Juneau
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Egan Dr, Juneau, AK 99801   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
“Great location but I don't like hear when my neighbor goes to the toilet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in June for our wedding. Of all the hotels we saw in Juneau this seemed the nicest. The plusses about this hotel
1)The staff is extremely friendly
2)The restaurant manager made sure that our wedding dinner was amazing! Kudos to him and the chef!
3) The bed was comfy, and the room clean

The negatives: The hotel rooms themselves (we had booked several) were old, and honestly too noisy. You can hear everything happening in the rooms next door ie conversations, toilets flushing, footsteps down the hall, doors opening & closing.

That is our unbiased opinion of the hotel. Service and staff great but the rooms were too noisy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Skagway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Room was ready upon arrival, internet works just fine, good view of the mountain. Would have used a fridge and microwave if available, but got along ok without. Bed good, didn't notice any noise problems, and I was next to the elevator. Could have used convenient electrical outlets, which were in wrong place and too few. Chinese food restaurant in lobby actually pretty good. Lobby service on the ball. Good downtown location, tight parking.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed here about 10 years ago, and remembered it as being pretty nice. This trip, the staff was really nice and helpful, and of course, it's convenient to downtown Juneau, but the rooms are just a bit shabby. The bedspread looked like something from the 1960s, and the electrical sockets were so inconvenient - I had to unplug lamps to plug in my cellphone charger. It wasn't quite clean, either - behind the bedstand (which I saw because of the plugging/unplugging), there was about a year's worth of crumbs and junk that hadn't been vacuumed. To their credit, they did vacuum it the next morning when I left it exposed.

I might go back, but I think I'd shop around first.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

The room was probably last updated over 20 years ago. However, I didn't feel grungy staying here. There are not a lot of lodging choices in Juneau, and this was fine for two nights.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Big Sky, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I realize it is hard for hotels in many cities/towns around Alaska since the tourist season is only a few months, but I was sorely disappointed in the Goldbelt Juneau. When we arrived we had reserved (5 months prior, and had the printout with us as proof just in case) 2 queen rooms with water views. We went upstairs and one room was only on the second floor and did have a queen but had a view of the shed/building across the street, not an ocean view. The second room was even worse. It had 2 double beds and a view of the dirt hill behind the hotel, on the other side of the "water-view". When I called the front desk to alert them to their error they were short and told us they had no other rooms available and I told them "but we reserved water-view queen room!" but they had apparently given them away and wouldn't admit it. We only checked in after the ferry from Sitka arrived at about 6. So it was ridiculous and infuriating! Finally, they said they could give us a room that had a water-view but still 2 double beds and that was the ONLY other room available. They acted like it was not their problem and it was very upsetting. The other room we were able to move to did have a better view of the water, but with 3-4 huge cruise ships immediately in front of us all day long, not leaving until late at night everyday. The bathroom was old and needed a lot of help, everything seemed old and dingy. The bedspreads seemed dirty and the carpet definitely needed a deep clean or to be replaced. There is no breakfast option at this hotel so you have to go out and find it yourself. Overall this hotel was awful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wilmington, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for several nights in July 2011. The location is great; we found the staff to be friendly (especially the shuttle drivers); the room was bigger than we expected; and the Zen restaurant in the lobby was convenient and offered nice choices for breakfast--even if a little expensive (but that is the norm in Alaska).

My only real complaint was the bed linens. Only flat sheets were used--no fitted bottom sheet--and the bottom sheet didn't seem to be big enough to tuck under the mattress. Consequently, the sheets always got tangled up in my legs by the morning. Also, at least one of my sheets during my stay had holes in it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Malverne, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at the Goldbelt in May/June 2011 at the beginning and end of a yacht cruise of the Inside Passage. We made reservations online and got a good rate with a senior discount.

The hotel provides free transportation to and from the airport but not the ferry terminal which is about 14 miles out. We arrived by plane and were picked up within 10 minutes of calling the hotel. Since we were leaving by ferry and the cab fare from the city was high, we took the hotel shuttle to the airport and got a cab from there to the ferry terminal for considerably less money.

The hotel is large, clean and conveniently located. The cruise company we were traveling with used a meeting room for passenger check-in.

The two Mountainview rooms we stayed in were very large. The King beds were comfortable.The bathrooms had tub/shower combinations.

There is a computer for guest use in the lobby and we were able to print our airline boarding pass there. Desk staff is very accomodating. There is a large Asian restaurant in the hotel. Prices seemed a little high. We did not eat there.

Juneau is small and the whole city is walkable from the Goldbelt.

Room Tip: Stay in the Mountainview rooms - less expensive than those with harbor view. Ask about discounts.