“Terrible place” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2295 Trout Street, Juneau, AK 99801   |
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
“Terrible place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the super 8 multiple times and this was the worst experience by far. The manager Nicole is not one to associate with and they provide no help to their customers. I also had several items stolen from my room by super 8 employees.

• Stayed July 2014
Super8Juneau, General Manager at Super 8 Motel - Juneau, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
First, I am very sorry to hear about your experience during your recent stay. Service is something we take very seriously here and I am not aware of your situation or that you were missing items. I would like to discuss this situation with you in more detail, so I can address the issues personally and ensure any concerns are taken care of immediately.

Please contact me directly at (907) 789-4858.

Rachael Ray, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The Juneau/Mendenhall Super 8 is ok. It won't impress, but it won't repulse you, either. Bed was comfortable and clean and the bath was in good shape. There is also a pretty good cafe nearby, as well as gas and a convenience store. You can find better, but the Super 8 is resonable both in price and facilities.

Room Tip: Rooms on the entrance side are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Anchorage
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

On the two different dates we stayed at the Juneau Super 8, the room did not have a screen on the window. The first time the maintenance worker did bring a screen up to us. The second time, we had to go get the screen ourselves and put it in. It was so warm in the rooms that the window had to be kept open. However, this allowed cigarette smoke from the room below to come in. Luckily, we travel with our on fan. The hotel should have those provided. Also had very long waits for the shuttles. The only reason I would recommend anyone stay there is because it is the best price in town that we can find. It is a very noisy hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8Juneau, General Manager at Super 8 Motel - Juneau, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We were sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stays with us. I did want to mention that our hotel does offer fans to guests, all you have to do is ask. Unfortunately the town of Juneau, Alaska really doesn't use air conditioning and we do recognize that we've had some very warm days this summer season and our rooms can get warm, requiring the window to stay open to bring in the fresh air.

My apologies that your second visit not only brought you the same issue with a window screen missing, but that it was not resolved quickly for you. I do remember the request and it should have been handled immediately.

And please know, we do recognize that this season we have had a couple of peak period concerns with the shuttle timeliness. Our town is lucky that another airline has joined the existing one that brings guests to us...however their arrival times were arranged to be at the same time plus we have a ferry in a few days a week (also at the same time period). This has caused some headaches not only for area hotels shuttle service but also taxi services, and the timeliness they can provide at those times as well. Rest assured we are working as quickly as we can (engaging both our shuttle and taxis) during these peak periods. As we look forward to our next summer season, determining how to avoid this concern, especially if the same ferry/flight arrival times are utilized, will be a high priority for us.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns, it is truly appreciated.

Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The rooms are large and beds are comfy. Also the complimentary breakfast is good. The motel is located close to the airport and is on the way from the ferry to downtown. We reserved two rooms but to our surprise the receptionist informed us that our reservation was changed to only one from. We arrived to the hotel at 1 am and the hotel was fully booked. The receptionist was not really helpful in this situation and did not offer any solution. We decided to stay in one room and asked for an extra bed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear of the situation you experienced during your recent stay with us. It should not have occurred. I would really like to know more details, if you have the time to share them with me. Please rest assured, I will address our front desk staff to ensure this type of situation does not happen again. My sincere apologies and I hope that this did not hamper your trip and the time spent here too much.

super8jun@gmail.com
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I spend an average of about 50 nights a year in a hotel room and can honestly say this is the worst hotel I have stayed in in the past several years. While the staff was courteous, there is little they could do to make up for the condition of this property. Filthy would be an understatement, the bed spread had several burn marks/holes and the box spring was so filthy it was just plain gross. I guess I expected more from a Wyndham property.

Room Tip: Choose another property.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review although we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are not going to disagree with you about the condition of our hotel. It is older and definitely needs updating, to which we have already started to do (the bedspread you mention has been removed.) Our housekeepers work very hard at ensuring you arrive to a clean room but it is hard to see that sometimes, given the age of the furnishings.

Our new property owner will be refurbishing the hotel so by this time next year, we will look like a completely different hotel. Our staff is very excited to get everything done and to share the updates with all of our guests. In the meantime, we do offer a clean, comfortable stay at one of the lowest prices in town with complimentary amenities such as a continental breakfast, shuttle service and wi-fi.

Thank you again.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The pros are the shuttle, pretty good b'fast, comfortable bed, and friendly staff. The cons are tired and somewhat rundown feel to the place. My room was remodeled it seems, but some of the lights didn't work, the bathtub was worn; there were bits of debris on the bed sheets (not bugs), unwelcome perfumy smell in the halls. The carpeting may have been chosen not to show dirt, but unfortunately just looked dirty. Stayed two nights, but after the first night, no cleaning or maid service--appears the room was forgotten. Got an unwelcome wake-up call at 4:30 am, the first night--didn't ask for one.
It is an easy walk to a bus stop for downtown Juneau or Mendenhall glacier (though one has to walk a mile or so to the glacier still.) Fred Meyer is an easy walk too.

Room Tip: The front rooms face the road and traffic is noisy, especially if you open the windows. Can't r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Super8Juneau, General Manager at Super 8 Motel - Juneau, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you the time for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced while staying at our hotel. First, my apologies that you experienced a couple of concerns with your room during your stay. If you have have the opportunity, I would appreciate a few more moments of your time so I can research the situation and address it properly. Additionally, I will address the housekeeping staff overall.

We also wanted to acknowledge that we are aware of the carpet needing to be replaced and rest assured, we will be doing so in the very near future as we are preparing to be refurbished. Our hope that when it's completed, you will take the opportunity to come visit us again.

Thank you again for the feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests!

Shorewood, MN.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Very basic motel. Reasonably clean rooms/property except for the windows, which were so filthy that you could hardly see out of them.. Beds very hard, as were pillows. The best thing about this motel is the staff. They went above and beyond for me. Taxis are difficult to come by in Juneau and when the manager( Nicole) tried to call one for me and was told it could be a couple of hours before one could come, she asked her airport van driver to take me to my destination downtown, which is a 9 mile drive. Very grateful for the service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Motel - Juneau? Share your experiences!