“Clean suite and bath; needs dishes” 4 of 5 stars

Frontier Suites Airport Hotel
9400 Glacier Highway, Juneau, AK 99801   |
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
Georgia Bulldog Country
“Clean suite and bath; needs dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the one bedroom suite the night prior to our flying out of the Juneau airport. We checked in late (10:30) on June 28 and had no problem in securing the room. The lady on duty was kind and cordial. The living room was spacious with a comfortable sofa. The bedroom had a queen bed that was not the most comfortable we have ever had. The bath was OK size and clean (which is most important). Since our flight left at 6:00 the next morning, we had no intention of doing any cooking but could not have done so if we had wanted because there were no dishes available. There was one cup for coffee, one plate, one saucer, and one pot. If this is going to rented as having a fully equipped kitchen, they need to supply it with cookware and dishes. When we checked out at 3:30 am on June 29, the lady working the desk ignored me until I finally asked her if she could get me checked out. When she finally looked up from the computer, that look was feral. I got us checked out in a hurry and out of Juneau. Too bad she thinks she is there for her own well being and not the customer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel was absolutely terrible. We had our clothes, food, and money stolen from the maid more than once. They never changed the sheets or towels when they were supposed to and the front desk people and manager were rude and didnt care at all. Do not stay here ever, even if it is cheap

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel was selected by my company, it was a long stay on a business trip, I was out almost all of the day, but coming back in the afternoon was good to have a big room, bedroom separated from living room and kitchen. It was nice,

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Slum of a neighborhood. Front desk staff scary. Poor air quality. Cancelled reservation for return trip but overall Juneau seems depressed. Unattended staff. Didn't seem to care we were here. Will not recommend to friends.

• Stayed June 2014
Juneau, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The staff were nice enough at first, but now they're (Mitch, the manager especially) downright disrespectful. They are in the stone age as far as technology goes.. I have had to get a new keycard three times now, for various reasons, and this one they just gave me took literally ten swipes to open the door. They misplaced the information that my booking agent had sent them, and upon my arrival today they demanded a credit card before I could get a working key to my room. I don't trust them with my credit card, nor the info so it took over an hour to get into MY paid room, where all my stuff is. I am out of the simple necessities such as soap for the dishwasher, so that's useless. The internet has gone out atleast a half-dozen times here. The last time I saw Mitch, his little dog was screaming it's head off at me, and he couldn't even say sorry. It's simple really Mitch, if you don't want to provide basic customer service, don't work in customer service! I am beyond ready to leave this place.
This last bit may not be their fault, but this place is really placed in the middle of Juneau's ghetto; a few days ago a lady's car alarm was going off intermittently ALL DAY LONG until the cops finally showed up around 7pm.
When I first arrived, they explained that cleaning was on Tuesdays and Thursdays, yet for some reason this Monday someone was in my room. Last week they slid a note through my door Sunday evening saying they would be rearranging furniture the next day (Monday), nothing happened Monday but Tuesday I arrive to see everything moved around. They really seem as if they feel free to enter and exit my room as they please, so long as I'm not around, which really makes me hesitant to leave any personal belongings behind.
And lastly, no black out curtains or anything? Really? It's bad enough that this place is on a highway, and the traffic gets pretty loud by 5-6am, but this time of year the sun is shining through the windows by 4am! I've heard that Juneau hotels can be bad, but atleast the Goldbelt has blackout curtains, and the Juneau Hotel atleast has onsite laundry. I couldn't imagine trying to vacation at a place like this, put me in a tent down the road.

Room Tip: Look for a room facing the slums, probably on the 4th floor, but don't expect your reservation t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Skagway, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and a friend stayed from Nov 11 to Nov15 while both (senior citizens) were in Juneau for medical appointments, arriving after 10:30 pm off the ferry. A specific room had been requested and reserved and upon check-in and arrival at the room it was not what my wife had requested. They found the smell of the restaurant (Indian food) permeating the lobby and elevators most unpleasant. The parking area was congested, dark and inconvenient. After speaking with the front desk the next morning, they repacked their luggage into the car, went to appointments, then had to check in again to a different room in a separate building, again with dark, inconvenient parking. The front desk staff were defensive and not customer friendly.
The vehicle was broken into and luggage stolen during the night before their 5:30 am check out and when the incident was reported the clerk told my wife that she had signed a waiver upon check in stating that she "parked at her own risk". This was not the case as she obtained a copy of her check in agreement which stated no such thing, from the manager when reporting the vandalism. He claimed there had never been a problem before and he would check into it, Now three weeks later, he has made no contact. Extremely poor customer service, rooms not clean, extremely congested, dark, inconvenient parking and most dissatisfying experience. Will not stay there again ever or recommend to anyone! They would have moved to a different hotel but everything they checked on in the valley was booked. next time it will be Aspen Suites where I stayed the week before and was extremely pleased!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Skagway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed there two nights. First impressions were concerning; lobby has that "old hotel" smell, and there was a memo on the front desk in plain view that the staff was to shape up or ship out due to customer complaints. My room on the 3rd floor was very nice however. Unlike some other suite hotels in Juneau, this one had a bedroom seperate from the living/dining/kitchen area. Lots of room! There was a large spruce tree outside my window, I could watch Steller's Jay from the couch. Take your own shampoo and soap...none provided.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Frontier Suites Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!