“we visited the shrine on may 21 with dennis harris from 12th st. taxi what agentleman and so knowledgeable of all of jut” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shrine of St. Therese

Ranked #7 of 24 Attractions in Juneau
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Cultural
Riverside, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

excellant ask dennis harris to show you juneau he was fantastic from 12th st taxi service what a wonderful experience joseph and mary sgobba from riverside ca

Manchester, Washington, United States
17 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and Peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

A bit out of the way- a retreat center that, if you have the time, shouldn't be missed! There is a labyrinth, a lovely little church out on a spit of land that extends onto the water, lots of statuary that tells the story of Christ... a good experience.

Zellwood, Florida
“Tranquility at it's finest.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Tina and I rented a car for our day in Juneau while we were there May 2nd on the Carnival Miracle and we had seen the reviews here on TripAdvisor so we made the Shrine our first stop of the day. We arrived to find we were the only visitors! As we walked the stations that are so beautiful the peace and quiet was noticeable. We made our way down to the shoreline and sat on the rocks and had a little picnic while we watched a eagle fly over and grab a fish out of the bay for his lunch. We took a couple hundred pictures, that I'll attach several, but they don't do justice for the whole picture of the bay, the rain forest and the shrine. As we left after a couple hours walking around we talked to one on the handymen there that was eager to tell us of places to see whales and also the the Marine Research Institute nearby that we did visit.
If you have the time and transportation we highly suggest you make this a stop on your visit.

Michigan
11 attraction reviews
“Went out of their way to help!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Sadly, we didn't have enough time in port to get to the Shrine of Therese. It looks so lovely and peaceful in the photos! However, before we left on our cruise I had been trying to look online to see where we might be able to purchase a Catholic Rosary on our trip to bring back for my mother-in-law. We weren't having much luck until I emailed the Shrine. They went out of their way to send me pictures of some of their gift shop items and allowed me to send them a check for the items we wanted (including the rosaries!) and shipping. These are very gracious people who went above and beyond to help out a "tourist"! I can't thank you enough and hope on our next trip to Alaska we will be able to stop and thank you in person :)

Bay City, Michigan
“Beautiful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The scenery in all of Alaska is just beautiful, hence the Shrine of St. Therese is a gift from nature. I lived in Auke Bay, and when making my way out of the driveway onto Glacier Highway, then seeing the sign to the Shrine, I was so excited. The snow.capped mountains and Pacific Ocean surrounds you...bliss.

Visited June 2012