“Tranquility at it's finest.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 26 Attractions in Juneau
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest
Attraction Details
Zellwood, Florida
“Tranquility at it's finest.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Tina and I rented a car for our day in Juneau while we were there May 2nd on the Carnival Miracle and we had seen the reviews here on TripAdvisor so we made the Shrine our first stop of the day. We arrived to find we were the only visitors! As we walked the stations that are so beautiful the peace and quiet was noticeable. We made our way down to the shoreline and sat on the rocks and had a little picnic while we watched a eagle fly over and grab a fish out of the bay for his lunch. We took a couple hundred pictures, that I'll attach several, but they don't do justice for the whole picture of the bay, the rain forest and the shrine. As we left after a couple hours walking around we talked to one on the handymen there that was eager to tell us of places to see whales and also the the Marine Research Institute nearby that we did visit.
If you have the time and transportation we highly suggest you make this a stop on your visit.

Visited May 2013

Michigan
10 attraction reviews
“Went out of their way to help!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Sadly, we didn't have enough time in port to get to the Shrine of Therese. It looks so lovely and peaceful in the photos! However, before we left on our cruise I had been trying to look online to see where we might be able to purchase a Catholic Rosary on our trip to bring back for my mother-in-law. We weren't having much luck until I emailed the Shrine. They went out of their way to send me pictures of some of their gift shop items and allowed me to send them a check for the items we wanted (including the rosaries!) and shipping. These are very gracious people who went above and beyond to help out a "tourist"! I can't thank you enough and hope on our next trip to Alaska we will be able to stop and thank you in person :)

Visited May 2013
Bay City, Michigan
“Beautiful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The scenery in all of Alaska is just beautiful, hence the Shrine of St. Therese is a gift from nature. I lived in Auke Bay, and when making my way out of the driveway onto Glacier Highway, then seeing the sign to the Shrine, I was so excited. The snow.capped mountains and Pacific Ocean surrounds you...bliss.

Visited June 2012
Silver Bay, Minnesota
“Picture Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Six years ago my son and his wife were married at the Shrine of St. Therese. The entire wedding party of 10 attendants, lots of family members, and many friends made the trek to Juneau for the special occasion. My husband and I were bringing three elderly grandparents and needed at least one handicap accessible room. Needless to say, we were a bit concerned about bringing such a group from Minnesota to "wild" Alaska! But our fears were soon put to rest! The accommodations were PERFECT! Those that could "rough it" stayed in rugged cabins. We hosted the grandparents in a beautiful lodge on a hill overlooking the ocean where we could watch whales spouting and mountain tops glistening in the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. The whole setting was so peaceful, beautiful, and easy to traverse. Everyone was able to participate in the wedding activities! I had to chuckle when I overheard one of the groomsmen say, "This is the best wedding I have ever attended!" It was amusing because the wedding had not yet taken place, but the fellas had all been out salmon fishing! Last month my son, his wife and two young children returned to stay at the Shrine of St. Theresa. Their pictures reminded me of what a special place it is and how much I would like to return for a visit. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Shrine of St. Theresa to anyone going to Juneau! It is picture perfect!

Visited March 2013
Juneau AK
13 attraction reviews
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

A Juneau staple destination. We always send or take visitors here. It's more than 20 miles out of town but not to be missed. The handmade Gothic stone church is charming, and the 180 degree view of the water often includes whales, and salmon fishermen on the rocks below. Very nice garden also.

Visited August 2012