“Best excursion I took on my cruise.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 88 Activities in Juneau
Louisville, Ky
“Best excursion I took on my cruise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was going to be fishing by myself and the best deal I could find on a boat was to be added in to another groups charter. And while I enjoy trolling at home, being the fifth or sixth person to get the rod didn't sound like a lot of fun.

I found Hooked on Juneau on this site and am sure I made the right decision about who to fish with. Abe is just an easy guy to get along with, he wanted everybody to catch fish, and I got to keep a rod in my hands the whole time I was paying to fish. And at a bargain price to boot.

I had a slow day by Alaskan standards, 7 pinks landed with 4 getting away, but it wasn't the guides fault, that's just the way fishing is some days.

If you get to Juneau on a cruise or business and find yourelf saying " I'm in Alaska, I should catch some fish" you won't go wrong fishing with Hooked on Juneau.

Visited August 2013

Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Nothing fancy..just great fishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We visited Juneau on our cruise. All of the fishing options offered through the cruise line were outrageously expensive, and offered more bells and whistles than we wanted. All we wanted was 1) to fish for salmon, 2) fish as long as we could and 3) catch as many as we could. That is EXACTLY what Hooked on Juneau gave us. A great deal, severe real hours of fishing (other tours spent more time going to-and-from the fishing spots by boat), and great fishing.

Abe and his team were great. We had three seasoned fisherman and one first-timer, and they were great with everybody.

Visited August 2013
Gainesville, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
“Our "Catching" Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our guide's name is Abe and he took 5 of us fishing, but I'd prefer to call it catching! Abe's love for Alaska and salmon were evident. We caught fish for 3 hours straight and the Alaskan views while fishing were amazing. My arms hurt by the time we were done because I was reeling in 15+ pounders left and right!

Visited July 2013
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“Awesome arvo catching big King Salmon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

On a rather wet day, i was still hoping to catch a fish of some kind!
After meeting Abe, we departed. We being me & him... good start i thought!
We headed to the hatchery, had a tour of the Salmon breeding and hatchery cycle, which was very interesting to see.
Soon after we had the rods out fishing the channel, casting an interesting looking spinning lure, i was assured they work! i am not a doubter!
And not long after the first King was jumping out of the water, fun to pull in, and as Katie m said, a few puches to the Salmon head on the dock quietened it down... i was impressed..

A while quietly passed, very relaxing watching the serenity, even with a little rain! we saw another caught not far away, keeping our hopes up, we kept going....
not long later yet another was on the line, this was a good fighter, heaps of fun to pull in.
both were close to 25lb fish, awesome! One turned out to be a white flesh albino King. rather rare!

What made the day was the help we had later having these filleted and cooked up for us so we could sample what we caught (even a few slices Sashimi style!).
The Hospitality was awesome. Something we will always remember. Big massive thanks.

if i ever return to Juneau, i will visit Hooked on Juneau again.

Visited June 2013
“He punched the fish in the face!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We came to Juneau on our honeymoon and decided that we wanted to go fishing. I didn't really expect it to be that amazing because I am not an avid fisherman.... I thought in order to have a good time fishing, you needed to go deep sea fishing. I was completly and pleasantly surprised! Our guide made the whole thing amazing! He was a pretty quiet and down to earth kind of guy, he took us to a salmon hatchery first and educated us on the fish and then made sure we had the proper licencing....he provided the poles and everthing we needed. Then we went to this amazing dock on the river. I mean the view alone was worth it, but it only got better from there! He taught me how to properly cast and then when we did catch a salmon he helped bring it in...I really had no idea how BIG these fish were! So then we see other fishermen using there hammers to kill the fish so we could take it to the place to have it smoked and shipped home.... but not OUR guide... He come over and PUNCHES the fish in the face! It was hilarious! This totally nice down to earth guide puched our fish in the face! It made for the best part of our amazing adventure to Alaska, and we came home and our delicious fresh smokedcsalmon showed up just one week later! I totally 100 percent recommend this tour it was soo much fun! Thanks Hooked on Juneau for a trip we will NEVER forget, and we will be back!

Sincerely, Katie & Matt