“Ahhhh” 5 of 5 stars

Kent, Washington
39 attraction reviews
“Ahhhh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nice and easy hike out to the falls from the parking lot for Mendenhall Glacier. Even I could do it and I am not the fittest person. Beautiful flowers along the path and nice view of glacier from here. Please do not climb up on the rocks by the falls to get your picture taken as I had seen others do. A few had a hard time getting down and others slipped.

Phoenix, Arizona
175 attraction reviews
“Well worth the easy hike while at Mendenhall Glacier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was unseasonably hot when we visited and the ice cold mist of the falls felt so good. There are a couple trails that take you to the falls, we walked the more wooded one in and the beach trail back out. The spring was a little late in 2013, but I found some flowers for photos on the way- I'm sure July is beautiful.

The trail board says 20 minutes each way- I would allow 10-20 extra minutes plus photo stop time. The trail winds around a little, though not much elevation change- it is an easy walk, I guess time just passes quickly. The distance is 0.8mi each way on natural ground.

Orlando, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Quick hike to an awesome view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We took the 45 minute round trip hike to Nugget Falls! It was awesome and you get a great view of the Mendenhall Glacier from there! We saw lots of Bald Eagles up close and saw that the last bear was seen about 2 weeks before we visited.

The hike is quick and easy and there is a lot to look at! I suggest it because you can go right up to the falls. Feel the water and just feel how fresh it is!

Rockville, Maryland
56 attraction reviews
“Nice to see and an easy walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

When you walk in to see the Mendenhall Glacier, you will see Nugget Falls. They are full falls and you can walk right up to them. It's about a mile walk on an easy level trail. Parking is a lttlle tough, but most of the people come from the cruise ships by bus. The trails and visitor center will be crowded if there are a few cruise ships in port.

San Diego, California
12 attraction reviews
“Worth the little stroll.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was my second walk out to the Falls. The first time was April, 2012. It was beautiful then, and we even saw mountain goats resting above the Falls. This time, May 2013, the Falls were even more impressive! The amount of water flowing, and the sound it created, was definitely worth the short walk out from the visitor center. I think we spent about an hour walking roundtrip.

Visited May 2013