“Great Day with Moore Charters” 5 of 5 stars

+1 907-723-8472
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the best of Juneau Alaska with someone who lives it every day. Captain Grant has lived and worked in Southeast Alaska most of his life. Moore Charters boats meet and exceed U.S. Coast Guard safety regulations. When you go on a trip with Moore Charters, you’ll experience the local flavor that makes Juneau the most unique Capital city in the U.S. Whether it’s a day of fishing, whale watching or water taxi service, Moore Charters consistently provides a professional experience with local flair. Thanks,Captain Grantley Moore
Yorba Linda, California
3 attraction reviews
“Great Day with Moore Charters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Captain Moore met us at our ship and took us to meet Captain Anies. Captain Anies told us about the area and pointed out two glaciers on the way. All the equipment was in great condition and we were catching fish within minutes. Although we did not keep any fish to send home, others on our boat did. It was a great day fishing with a great company! We would recommend Moore Charters
to anyone looking for either whale watching or fishing in Juneau.

Visited August 2013

“Wouldn't trade it for the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

All I wanted to do was some serious fishing and these boys knew how to handle it. Moore charters went above and beyond expectancy today. Capt Mckenzie met us at the dock, a cloudy, rainy , but an amazing day! We had 6 people on board, full boat, but wonderful crowd! Everybody was fishing and within 45 second someone had a bite! The boat was maneuvered well and the encouragement was contagious. We had one line rapped around the prop, we were in some higher seas and one person was trying to figure out their reel. So here goes capt saddle up the 4-stroke and untangled the line. Most captains would have limped in on one motor, not this guy he went above and beyond just to satisfy our fishing hunger! Capt mckenzie was very helpful and knowledgable. Thumbs up and 10 stars to an absolutely incredible fishing adventure!! Definitely recognized and recommended! Owner: Grant Moore
Captain: Mckenzie

Visited September 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
“Thank you Captain Moore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I took my parents and our two daughters on an Alaskan cruise to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday. Before we departed south Florida I read every tripadvisor review and settled on Moore Charters for a private whale watching trip. So glad I did! Every detail was handled efficiently and professionally. We spent several hours with Captain Moore and this was definitely the best day of our 12-day trip. Captain Moore knows just where to take you to get up-close and personal with whales, sea lions and eagles. The scenery was stunning but more than anything, kudos to you Captain for entertaining our five-year old and my very chatty mother. It was a wonderful experience!

Visited June 2013
Fort Gibson, Oklahoma
9 attraction reviews
“Lives Up To High Praise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently took a cruise to Alaska. It was a incentive trip with my firm and I immediately booked Halibut fishing when I saw it on the optional excursion list. We arrived at the dock in Juneau and we were transported out to meet Captain McKensie and First Mate Wyatt. Don't be fooled by their youth, these guys know what they are doing and were complete professionals. They had provided plenty of snacks and non alcoholic beverages, per Alaska law. They were very polite and made sure you kept your line in the water the maximum amount of time. I truly enjoyed my trip and just received a call from Alaska Seafood that my fish will arrive to my house Thursday. The price is reasonable and you won't go wrong with Moore's!

Visited July 2013
leveland, OH
5 attraction reviews
“Halibut then Salmon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Took a Alaskan Cruise and was looking for a charter that was good in Juneau. The ship will book a charter for you but you do not know which captain you will get. Contacted Moore Charters and luckily he had a spot still open. Went out with 4 other guys and by chance they were off the same ship and had also booked off the Internet. We were picked up at the dock and taken to the boat.. We each caught a Halibut. As this was combo trip, the captain then started trolling for salmon. We caught probably caught 30 or more fish, mostly pinks which the captain said not keep. We all ended up with two each of mixed varieties he felt were better to eat. Will find that out soon as the fish arrived today.
The boat was newer and comfortable and the equipment was in great condition. The captain and mate were young but knew where to go to catch fish. They both worked very hard to make sure the day would be successful.
When we returned, we were directed to Jerry's Meats and Seafood to process our catch. They did a nice job of packing and shipping for me. Be advised, the cost of shipping may seem high but remember, you want it home fast and you are in Alaska. They also sell fish so you maybe able to offset the total cost.
I recommend highly Moore Charters.

Visited June 2013

Been to Moore Charters? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Moore Charters, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.