“If only it last longer” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Singapore, Singapore
34 attraction reviews
“If only it last longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We took this shore excursion from the cruise line. It was amazingly fun. The helicopter flight was great. We saw the amazing pool of glaciers and the mountains. But the most unforgettable thing is the dog sledding. There were 8 dogs pulling the 4 of us, including the dog sled guide. My mom, son and me are all dogs lover. We patted and hugs all the dogs and they were all barking excitedly waiting to run. The noise was chaos yet vibrating FUN. First I thought the sled must be dangerous, but it was a very safe and easy sport. Both my 73 years old mom and 5 years old son stood behind for the sled. We were all having lots of fun. Our guide was a very kind and friendly female. She introduced the dogs one by one to us before we go. During the end of the sled, two of the dogs were fighting and our guide had to stripped one of the dog and strapped it beside the front seat, which my mom were seating. The dog was perhaps a bit anxious and keep on peeing at the seat, my mom kept asking it to stop doing so. It was really funny and unforgettable. At the end, we were rushed to pat the puppies, which was so adorable, and ushered back to line up to be picked up by the helicopter. Perhaps they should consider building a cafe and souvenirs shop for devoted dogs lover to stay a bit longer and have a cuppa up there in the glacier?

Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
“I Had the Time of My Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

You know when Jennifer Grey (Baby) does that lift with Patrick Swayze (hot guy whose name I can't remember) in Dirty Dancing? Yes, Baby was scared but she went for it and it was somehow a transformative event. That is how I felt on this tour. Only it lasted longer than that dance routine. This whole tour was such new territory for me. The helicopter. The glaciers. The snow dogs. And everyone involved was so kind and genuinely enthusiastic. When we were on the actual dog sledding part, I kept thinking, "I can't believe I'm doing this!" It was so ridiculously fun. Some of the great folks I interacted with were, Tim (on the ground), Eric (our pilot) and Elliot (our dogseldding guy). I feel so lucky to have had this adventure.

Katy Texas
11 attraction reviews
“My favorite part of Alaska trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

What an adventure! This was my favorite part of a 13 day land/cruise tour of Alaska. It was well worth the price. After seeing a safety video and putting on special boots over shoes, we climbed into helicopter. I was very happy to find out my husband and I were in front with the pilot. (They assign your seat by your weight.) We flew over the glacier and it was truly beautiful. We landed on glacier and greeted by guide. Even though it was around 70 degrees below, it got chilly. I think it was around 40 degrees and a little drizzly. I was glad I had sweat jacket, windbreaker and gloves (a lot of folks sorry they didn't bring gloves). It was just about the right amount of time on glacier. We had debated whether we should spend more money and do the dog mushing when we book this excursion. Glad we didn't, this was terrific - just the helicopter and walk.

Woodbridge, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
“Definitely take a helicopter tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I was scared but excited for my 1st helicopter tour and it was awesome! George, our pilot was fantastic! He was very knowledgable and very nice...everyone at Temsco was great. My husband is an above-knee amputee and managed to get on the helicopter (this was on his bucket list, seeing Alaska was on mine) and we both had a blast. Take the pilot's choice tour! We landed twice and it was simply breathtaking! If you don't do anything else...do a Temsco helicopter tour in Juneau...so worth the money! Booked this through our Princess cruise.

Saco, Maine
24 attraction reviews
“Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

One of the best adventures we had in Alaska. Yes, I know a tourist and on a cruise! That said, the views from the helicopter can not be described! The experience of walking on the glacier was a bit scary but fun. The guides were outstanding!