“Clean room, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive

You added Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Shell Simmons Drive, Juneau, AK 99801 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
Mildenhall, England, United Kingdom
“Clean room, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed two nights at the Extended Stay America. The hotel is a block from the airport and can be seen from the front doors of the terminal. It is located about a 10min drive from downtown and was clean. The breakfast could have had a few more options, but overall it was just fine for a quick business trip. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel through Juneau quite often and almost always stay there. It's walking distance to the airport. The shuttle runs from 6am to 11pm, so if you need middle of the night transportation, you'll be out of luck. The staff is awesome and very helpful.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Yakutat, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Being a cancer patient seeking treatment in Juneau I fell into the Best! place for recovery and personal attention at Extended Stay/ Juneau. I was also allowed to have my beloved pet for 6 weeks at the hotel. I felt a strong caring connection with the energetic staff, from their wonderful, kind Manager, to the very accomodating desk staff, shuttle drivers, and housekeepers who treat the guests as if they were the only person in the place. I was driven to all my medical appointments on time, and also was able to navigate around town for groceries and other needs. Clean rooms, kitchen area,and plenty of coffee and quick breakfast! My visit felt like I was home after my long stay and made me sad to leave all the wonderful support through my battle. The American Cancer Society works with Extended Stay in Juneau, and with their help I was able to have the treatment and a warm cozy bed to sleep in. Very safe! Very Wonderful experience!

Room Tip: "Room on 1st floor for medical trips!"
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that our staff was able to make you feel at home while you stayed in the Juneau area. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Shelton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

Having any parent deal with the loss of their child is something that nobody wants to do, even if their child is only 25. However I received that phone call in the middle of the night like all other parents do. When it has to do with a heroin overdose, that kicks your gut even more. Most hotels were booked with a choice of Extended Stay or Quality Inn. I rolled the dice and ignored any negative reviews. I am glad I did. I called the 800 corporate # and they said sorry all booked up. I called the Juneau Extended stay requesting a room for 3 of us and Lea said, " I will make this happen. Don't worry Mr. Gray." She did it. Close to the Airport, you better love compassion and smiles because these people love to please their guests. The morning before we left, I asked the driver to give me a ride to McD's for a breakfast run and no hesitation. Great room, good sleep to distress while we grieved. Thank you Extended Stay for going the extra mile and beyond. P.S. My 14 year old loved your pool while I spent one day taking care of arrangements.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this review, March 16, 2015
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to take care of you and your family in your time of need. Our thoughts continue to be with you as you cope with the loss of your son. Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Wrangell, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

The rooms have been recently remodeled; they are clean and comfortable. My 7 am flight was cancelled. I had already checked out of my hotel room but the staff was gracious enough to give me my room back until noon so I could catch a couple more hours of sleep.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

This was a fantastic stay with the Extended Stay in Juneau Alaska! I needed a place to celebrate my daughter's 12th birthday and Extended Stay was able to make the party a huge success! I rented a room and took the girls swimming, they provided extra bedding and anything we needed. The next morning the continental breakfast was good too, we were able to just grab and go! All of the attendants working both in the evening and during the day were friendly and helpful. I give this place two thumbs UP!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms were very spacious and I notified the front desk the girls were having a slumber party...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this review, December 5, 2014
Thank you for your great review of our property. We thoroughly enjoyed having you and the girls here for your daughter's birthday party! We are very happy to know they everyone enjoyed themselves as well, getting to enjoy many of the amenities we offer here at the Extended Stay.
Auburn, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

Twelve of us went on a fishing trip to Alaska. We had an over night stay in Juneau. On arrival our rooms were a little mixed up. After showing our paperwork they found a room for me. They said it was "comp" but I had already paid for one. The room was large and clean with a small kitchen. The staff were funny and very nice. It is the closest motel to the airport. The staff shuttled us into and back to Juneau which is several miles away. There is a small restaurant within walking distance but closes at 8:30 pm. It was raining on our departure day and the staff used their shuttle so our luggage did not get wet. Remember, most of the motels are near the airport, not down town (about ten miles away) I got what I excepted for the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive? Share your experiences!