“Excellent clam chowder” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 58 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Oceanfront view on the Homer Spit. Lunch & Dinner specializing in local seafood.
Whitehorse, Canada
“Excellent clam chowder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We've always considered Mo's chowder in Newport, Oregon the gold standard with which to compare, and although the portion size we had today is smaller, it was loaded with clams and very tasty. We'll definitely come back when we get a chance.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Everything was perfect!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Literally everything about my experience was perfect. Being greeted by the sweetest brown-eyed girl (I'm guessing the hostess) we got sat by a window so we could look at the gorgeous sun on the water and beautiful mountains. Our waitress was so nice and friendly! (Not to mention BEAUTIFUL!!) My husband and I got two glasses of Bear Creek Wine and it was delicious! We had crab stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and they were fenominal! The dinner salads were so good and fresh! The bread was warm and amazing and tasted like it was just baked that day (which come to find out it WAS!) I chose to get Pattie's fettuccini which was outstanding. And my husband got the fried seafood sampler with a baked potato that came with bacon, sour cream, chives and butter. I've never seen any other restaurant do that before! How cool. It was the best service I've ever had! I didn't feel pestered by the wait staff at all. Everyone who passed by always had a smile on their face. All the other costumers in the restaurant looked just as happy and pleased as we were too. We had one of the Alaskan Silk pies which was decorated so beautifully. I plan on recommending Captain Pattie's to EVERYONE!!! And every person below me who had a "poor experience" you were obviously highly intoxicated and don't know what you're talking about. One thing I would reccomed is makin reservations.. Even though we did not have one, we came in around 5pm and by the time we left by 6:30 there was a line out the door. SO TOTALY WORTH IT THOUGH!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seldovia, Alaska
“High Tide”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Prices are very high for locals. Went twice. Food is okay but nothing outstanding. Would not take a visitor here.

Homer, Alaska
“fabulous, very fresh seafood. Beautiful views.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The owner is so wonderful. She runs 2 specials a year for local residents. All you can eat shrimp, scallops etc. It is really fun to eat there.

Visited September 2012
Homer, Alaska, United States
“Very good sea food, a touch expensive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Having grown up around a fishing fleet and eating fish 4 times a week as a kid, I am pretty picky about sea food. Captain Patties has always put on a good sea-food dinner. We used to take our flying customers there for dinner at least once a week, but the prices over the last couple of years have risen to the point that we now go elsewhere in town...

• Visited July 2012