“Nice room, great view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Homer
Iowa
“Nice room, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had a nice room, very clean and was cleaned daily. We spent three nights here. We booked this room in January, 2014 through a travel agent and when we arrived we were not in the front until. We were disappointed as we had booked 6 months in advance. It is an older building and could stand to be updated but it was clean. I did think it was overpriced compared to other hotels that we stayed in during our trip to Alaska.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Winthrop, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel is older, well-maintained, and the internet is challenging, but it's the view that was the best part of our stay. Not only was the beach an ever changing and fascinating scene, but the Sand Hill Cranes that waltzed through the property were equally fascinating.

Room Tip: Our room was on the level that was closest to the beach. Our motorcycles were parked just outside t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
wpb,fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have stayed here numerous times over the past few years and every time I am pleased with the cleanliness and amenities here. The view is always spectacular from the ocean front rooms. This time however, they went over and above and truly won my heart. While in Homer, I lost a ring that I have worn for over 40 years. I had no hope of finding it because I believed I had lost it while I was fishing, but decided to mention it anyway really as an aside as I was checking out. Much to my shock, I received a call from Pam later that day saying that they had found my ring. I couldn't believe it!! As I was already back in Anchorage, I sent them an express mail envelope and Pam made sure it went out the next day. It is so wonderful to learn that there are still honest people. I highly recommend this place not only for the great view but because of their honesty.

Room Tip: It is located right off the spit...the ocean front rooms are the best.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Older property with average amenities. Seems to be very clean. However the view is to die for.

Hotel overlooks the water and the view is wonderful. Within walking distance of a couple of restaurants but several are within 5-10 minutes drive.

There is no breakfast included, but there is a fridge and microwave.

It is about a 5 minute drive to the Homer Spit.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nothing fancy, but very vlean, good beds and a view to die for. Staff is very nice. Walking distance to a few restaurants. Stayed With a large Group. Seals and otters right out the back door. Ask to be closest to the water.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Overview: My wife and I stayed at this hotel on 5/9/14 on our 8 day trip to Alaska. We located this motel via Trip Advisor.

Pros: Excellent Views. The lady at the front desk would have given us one of the prime rooms; however, they were occupied. Our view was still amazing and we both enjoyed it.
Beautiful Beach: It was a short walk to the beach.
Friendly Service: The front desk was very helpful. We were given tips on places to visit and a map of the town.

Con: The rooms are old(not that I really cared), but they are clean.

Conclusion: I recommend this motel. The view, location and service make this an excellent choice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
fremont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

On our NCL land tour we stayed here for 1 night and it was fantastic. The Resort itself is just average. Pretty much a motel. Rooms are basic and very clean and spotless. Your walk out your door to a view that is stunning. It is right on the beach and snow topped mountains in the distance. Its not a 5star its the location and view. No restaurant but they are fairly close by. They have up dated the TV's and cable system.
When I come back this is where I will try to stay

Room Tip: If possible you want to be in the building in front closest to the shore. Other building is behind...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Shores? Share your experiences!