“Fresh ingredients, decent food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 58 Restaurants in Homer
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual, upscale dining located on the world famous Homer Spit. We feature a wide variety of the freshest seafood and steak around. All of our ingredients are locally grown to bring you a true Alaskan culinary adventure. Our beer and wine selection have been specially chosen to enhance each meal.
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Fresh ingredients, decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

From what we've seen so far of Alaska cuisine this might be worth four stars on a relative scale. Good beers on tap (if you don't like hoppy beers the Homer Brewery lager is very good) and a handful of drinkable wines. At 7:30 they were out of the peel and eat shrimp but had most everything else. Salads were very fresh and had tasty lettuce and vegetables. Mains were the salmon and halibut duo on quinoa (OK -- the red salmon a bit dry, the quinoa topped with boiled cabbage and an overly heavy creamy sauce) and the king crab risotto topped with halibut which was cooked perfectly, well seasoned and delicious. Desserts were a very good rhubarb crisp and their signature bread pudding, which is a massive block of somewhat soggy pudding with a big dollop of salted vanilla ice cream on top. I think there is a chef here who is willing to experiment and who is producing some hits and misses. I suspect this is one of the better spots in Homer just because he/she is pushing the envelope a bit.

Visited August 2014

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Best mussels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Best mussels I've ever had! Salad was good too. Oddly, the restrooms were outside And around the corner! ?!

Phoenix, AZ
“Wonderful food and good view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

After my previous dinner experience at another establishment, I was hoping for something more "local" than a burger. Upon a recommendation from another traveler from my Bear trip, I went to Fresh Catch and had their Salmon & Halibut Red Curry. It was very good and perfect after a long day of bear viewing and flight seeing. It had lots of fish, a bountiful amount of veggies and a perfect amount of rice. When I first had the bowl placed before me, I thought that I would be able to eat it all - NOT.

A small place and it did fill up quickly around dinner time (I was there around 4PM).

My only suggestion would be to offer the beer and wine menu for with both the lunch and dinner menus. I had no idea they server beer & wine until a local came in and ordered. A beer sounded good and was much better with my meal than the tea I also ordered. Also, if it were my place, I would have different table cloths - the white bottom with tan top is not inviting. But the food makes up for the décor.

Visited August 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We got a recommendation to eat here from a local. Great advice! We were getting a little tired of seafood and both opted for the duck noodle soup. Delicious! Maybe the best dish we had during our stay in Alaska. Definitely worth a try.

Visited July 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing fish and chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

we asked our B and B host who had the "best" fish and chips in Homer and he was RIGHT
the breading was just enough, the fish was superbly flaky and fresh and not overcooked and the fries were perfect.
Service is superb. View is wonderful.

Visited July 2014