“Very Good and large Burgers. Great staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Ice Cream, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dessert
Homer, Alaska, United States
“Very Good and large Burgers. Great staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I took clients there six or eight times since they opened. Their burgers are large and they do fill you up. Plus they are more of a custom burger shop with some interesting items on the menu. For some reason we always managed to go there when the same gal (daughter of a local old time Homer family) was waiting on the tables and she was super great to deal with. Besides being a knock-out which may have been why all my clients kept insisting on going back...
The prices are a touch high, which is a Homer curse,,, and we have not really been able to figure out their hours of operation yet...

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boss H, Owner at Boss Hoggz Restaurant, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thanks a lot for your support Alex. Your words mean a lot to us. Come say hi to Jimmy next time your in.

Homer, Alaska
“Adverage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The food was average and prices were high then expected. The staff were very friendly. I would go back again just to breakup the routine. Location and atmosphere are average as well. The restaurant was clean.

Visited September 2012
Homer, Alaska
“New location, same ok food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The burgers were ok, the BBQ was reheated and rubbery, and the sides were ok. Not my first choice to send a friend to get food, but what I can say is that the portions are huge, and you get your money's worth here.

Visited June 2012
Homer
“Fresh and tasty food at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The food is delicious and fresh: even the french fries are cut onsite, the wait staff is really top notch, and it is very affordable. Great burgers!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wind Gap
“Honeymooners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Homer Ak. in July this past year. I must say being a chef with my culinary degree and a firefighter from Pennsylvania who has travelled all over the country for the sake of cooking, this place is like no other. I consider myself a burger enthusiast, having to try one everyplace my wife and I go to. When we were in Homer we stumbled into Boss Hoggz by recommendation of our car rental guy. I must say i was very impressed. The simplicity of the restaurant, the warming smile of our waitress Miss Brooke and the sheer friend/ family feel we recieved from the owner Jimmy was impeccable. Now on to the food. After being in Homer for a week we frequented Boss Hoggz for at least one meal a day (per request of my wife, she is super picky when it comes to food). One of the things resaurants loose sight of is consistancy. Not this place! Every meal we had was consistant as the meal prior. The young culinarian named Zach is partly to blame for this. This young man nailed it everytime. To him I say keep the excellent work up. They incorparated many different simple flavors, the way food should be. After returning home my wife and I have tried to find something that even closely reminds us of Boss Hoggz, but haven't found anything. I must say this is a huge disappointment. So now we are planning our return to Homer, and I would be lying if I told you that Boss Hoggz didn't have anything to do with the planning process. This is a must try if you make it to Homer!!!
Thanks to all the Staff at Boss Hoggz for your hospitality!

The Honeymooners,