“Most memorable Alaskan experience ee” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 47 Activities in Homer
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Adventure
Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Most memorable Alaskan experience ee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

If you miss this in Homer, you've missed one of its best treasures! Mark is a professional, personable and deeply knowledgable Homer resident who will take you on one of the most beautiful tours of your life. He was very good working with both locals and tourists of all skill levels. A gentleman at heart, he even let me borrow a pair of Xtra Tuff's to keep my feet dry! An awesome deal that he should be charging way more for! Don't think twice - call him now!

Virginia
12 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My daughter was initially reluctant to visit Alaska (who knows why but she always groans about outdoorsy activities). She does, however, love horses and had started riding at 7---a trip that included a chance to go on a trail ride couldn't be all that bad. I wasn't surprised by how much she enjoyed it, which she did---she had a blast. I was completely surprised by how much I enjoyed it! I often think the measure of a good travel experience is in how much you get to enjoy something that is different from your regular life. Our trip here definitely showed me something completely different and amazing. We had the opportunity to ride to the Head of the Bay, where we saw some amazing scenery and great conversation and near a community of Russian Old Believers. It was truly the most unlike-regular-life thing I've done in a very long time. At the end as we were riding along the tidal flats with the fog rolling in, it was like something out of a book or movie. The riding trip was the highlight of an amazing vacation and what I talked about the most when we returned. Just incredible. Also, kudos to Mark who clearly emphasized safety. There were riders of varying ages and abilities on the trip (and one who spoke little English). He was very cognizant of keeping everybody together and safe and erring on the side of being cautious. Just amazing.

Visited June 2013
“Spectacular ride with an Alaskan Cowboy !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

2 daughters and Dad had an AMAZING 5-6 hrs with Mark!
He has 13 gorgeous horses, a Border Collie named Alyeska that ran the entire 13 mile ride thru rivers in the Valley and up a 700 ft switchback / breathtaking views and fabulous ride with this Cattle Rancher !

Visited September 2013
Homer, Alaska
23 attraction reviews
“Great ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a great time on this horse ride, mark was a great guide and very orofessional, the horse were in excellent shape and all was very clean, had a great time with a friend who was visiting Homer

Visited October 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a great horseback ride across the tidal flats on the mouth of Kachemak Bay. Views are amazing, and we saw several huge eagles. I don't ride often and did just fine. Highly recommend!

Visited September 2013

Been to Trails End Horse Adventures? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Trails End Horse Adventures, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.