“Felt Right At Home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paula's Place B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Homer
Paula's Place B&B
Ranked #3 of 44 Homer B&B and Inns
Dayton, Ohio, United States
“Felt Right At Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I went to Homer to visit our son and his girlfriend. We stayed 4 nights at Paula's and had a wonderful time. Everything was perfect! It was great in the evenings after hiking to be able to come back and the four of us relax in the spacious family room. Paula's breakfasts were delicious! Everything in her home was spotless. One of the best features was the running water and lovely bathroom, unlike our son who only had an outhouse and no water:) We would certainly stay again at Paula's Place the next time we visit Homer. Thank you, Paula, for being such a great host! We enjoyed meeting you, and hope to come back again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
pauril, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Getting to meet and visit with my guests is what I love about having a B&B. It is so gratifying to see their reviews and know they enjoyed it too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Home-bodies, foodies, dog lovers and gardeners will feel right at home at Paula's. I'm all of the aforementioned, so I'm a big fan. My sisters and I stayed 3 nights during the second week of September and were very cozy and warm. We were surprised at the size and comfort-level of the suite. We were greeted upon arrival by her gentle doggie Bear, and I really enjoyed her backyard lounge area that overlooks her beautiful garden and the sweet peas and poppies that were in full bloom. Her breakfasts are such a treat, made especially so by the presence of Paula herself who joined us daily. She's a great cook who doesn't skimp on the quality or quantity of her ingredients. She's very social, so don't be afraid to chat her up. She's had a very interesting life! Should I return to Homer (and I hope to) I would look no further than Paula's for lodging.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
pauril, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
My little Corgi, Bear, and I enjoy our guests and he thinks it's his personal responsibility to greet every one!
Forked River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I find that if I have plans to be in Homer, which isn't often enough, I want to bed down at Paula's B&B. Paula's is clean and Paula herself is just a nice lady. The more I get to know her, the more I like her. Breakfast is prepared on my schedule and is always full of homemade wonders. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Paula's B&B is in a neighborhood, so it feels like home.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
pauril, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
What fun it is to have repeat guests! I thoroughly enjoy getting to know them.
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed at Paula's for 3 nights and would highly recommend it. The location is perfect, in a quiet, central neighborhood. We had a large suite with private entrance, two bedrooms, bath and lounge. Paula accomodates only one party at a time, so we had the entire first floor to ourselves. The beds were extremely comfy and warm and we slept extremely well. There is a microwave, fridge, large TV and internet access for your computer. Breakfasts were the best of our entire 2 weeks vacation. She spoiled us with a bread pudding with fruit cobbler, quiche, sausage, scrambled eggs with home-smoked salmon and home made bread and muffins. She was extremely helpful recommending hiking trails and offering suggestions for all there is to see and do in Homer. Highest ratings for Paula's Place!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
pauril, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
I'm always pleased to hear my guests enjoyed the breakfast. I love to cook and it's gratifying to know they enjoy it.
Greeley, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had a fantastic experience at Paula's Place! The setting worked perfect for the four of us. The decor was very homey and inviting. The beds were so comfortable that none of us had a problem sleeping through the entire night. The breakfasts were great- best baked french toast we've ever had! Location was ideal, and one person in our party was partially disabled and he had no problem since the entrance and shower were easily accessible. The internet access was great and the washer and dryer were a huge help as well. Paula was so interesting to talk to and provided some great recommendations for things to do and see. Highly recommend Paula's Place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
pauril, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I can't think of a better business to be in. I get to meet such terrific people!
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed in Homer at Paula's in June 2012. Paula went over and beyond every call of duty to make me feel welcome. Her breakfasts are gourmet calibre..... very ecologically conscious. comfortable beds with handmade work of art quilts. Paula was so helpful in organizing local activites such as bear watching, finding a solstice party. She even took me to a few local artisan shops. A five-star hotel could not compare with the genuineness of Paula's B and B

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
pauril, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy getting to know my guests and showing them all the wonderful activities that Homer has to offer, based on their personal interests.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is the place to stay Homer. Paula's Place has many things to recommend it starting with Paula; she was a great host. Paula rents to one party at a time so the entire first floor, two bedrooms, bath and great-room was ours. There is free internet access and large flat-screen TV. Paula knew the local area and made excellent recommendations for dinner. Breakfast is served upstairs where the view of Homer is stellar and the food was very good. Paula served different, healthy and delicious dishes each day we we there. Although we had our hiking plans in place, Paula is a hiker too and would be happy to recommend something suitable if you ask. We have already recommended Paula's Place to a friend who is planning a fishing trip to Homer. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Paula's Place B&B? Share your experiences!